OSX on HP Pavilion Elite

Icchan-san

96 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

hi i just downloaded this "mac os x install dvd" and those drivers mentioned in ur tutorial for audio , video , sleep and wireless. the mac dvd was in .dmg so i converted it to .iso( i still have the original .dmg file too) its about 7 .6 gb and i dont have a dual layer burner. i have a hp pavillion elite m 9250f . i know nothing about installing mac i need help. i have a triple boot right now between xp , vista , ubuntu.the leopard is 10.5.6

Guest Guest: Icchansan_*
hi i just downloaded this "mac os x install dvd" and those drivers mentioned in ur tutorial for audio , video , sleep and wireless. the mac dvd was in .dmg so i converted it to .iso( i still have the original .dmg file too) its about 7 .6 gb and i dont have a dual layer burner. i have a hp pavillion elite m 9250f . i know nothing about installing mac i need help. i have a triple boot right now between xp , vista , ubuntu.the leopard is 10.5.6
Sivia, you downloaded Retail OSX, you need to find the munkys guide, this method wont work with Retail, you have to get iAtkos v5i or iPC distribution, then follow this guide.

Just need to boot into Vista Installation or HP Recover Partition, and repair the bootloader, it gonna take like 1 seg then restartm then google a bit to get a dual boot guide there alot, you can get one here or hackint0sh.

I lost these links :angel: , I will try soon as possible XD
thanx BUT one another problem sprung up i tried by installing every driver  available for wireless LAN but nothing works not even the one in ur tutorialit scans my network, i mean the ralink utility thing but i cant connect to it

Guest XpcmacfanX

Hi icchan-san,Can you please advice if this will work with the Pavilion m8517c or m8**** series? I think I've the same mb as you mentioned in your blog, however I'm a little hesitant to flash the bios at this moment. I've tried installed with iPC, IDeneb, Kalay and iAKTOS v5i. The installation went smoothly, however after the PC rebooted- all I get is the grey screen with Apple logo in the middle and it stays there forever. I greatly appreciated if you could offer me some assistance.

You have to always use cpus=1 -v or put it as kernel flag cuz without MOD you wont get all cores working. Before BIOS MOD I tried like 10 distros and installed like 100 times, and nothing man... the MOD wont affect your system, just remember to backup your BIOS.Good Luck, and yeah it will work, you can always check my archive tutorial on Hackint0sh, there like 60 pages there :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest: kevin_*

thanks man, finally got it installed on my pavilion elite today. three problems so far though, first of all, how do i install the fixes for the audio, how do i determine which graphics fix i should use and third of all, how do i change the resolution? ive tried editing the com.apple.boot.plist file but no go. help plz?

Guest Guest: Kevin_*

my graphics card is a nvidia gforce 9300GE. thanks for the tip about the audio. btw how did you get your resolution set up? thx in advance :angel:

my graphics card is a nvidia gforce 9300GE. thanks for the tip about the audio. btw how did you get your resolution set up? thx in advance :angel:
Well you need to get the right kext for it, check it out here on insanelymac, I have no idea about that one XD Im pretty sure theres support for it :lol: good luck, If you found it, please post it here, surely it will help other users

Guest kevin Cui

well, this morning i had to reinstall my leopard onto another drive but anyway i installed all the drivers for nvidia graphics (just to be safe :angel:) in the customization during the install and it seems to be working better before. it can play movies and scroll through web pages perfectly fine but im not sure about running any games. well, that fixes everything except the resolution. How did you set up your resolution?

Guest kevin Cui
well, this morning i had to reinstall my leopard onto another drive but anyway i installed all the drivers for nvidia graphics (just to be safe :angel:) in the customization during the install and it seems to be working better before. it can play movies and scroll through web pages perfectly fine but im not sure about running any games. well, that fixes everything except the resolution. How did you set up your resolution?
btw, did you have to do anything to update? or did you just click software update and thats it?

well, this morning i had to reinstall my leopard onto another drive but anyway i installed all the drivers for nvidia graphics (just to be safe :angel: ) in the customization during the install and it seems to be working better before. it can play movies and scroll through web pages perfectly fine but im not sure about running any games. well, that fixes everything except the resolution. How did you set up your resolution?
Man if your not getting another resolution in the display manager is cuz your not getting full support for the video atm, you need to get full QE/CI support, maybe you just need to add EFI strings, read about it, google a bit, you didnt check any info about your video on insanely?

Guest Guest: Kevin_*

OMG long story but now i have NO OS on my pc and i cant install windows 7 because the bootloader is preventing me from installing windows 7. how do i remove it!?!?!? Plz help or im screwed!!!!!