Nokia HSDPA and Motorola HSDPA Driver for Leopard

juragan

5 posts in this topic

Just recently found the new Nokia HSDPA driver that working very fine on my Leopard 10.5.2

I was using Ross Barkman driver for my tiger and those driver is working fine, but Apple change the script structure in 10.5.x so those script cannot be use in Leo. I found this page http://mroth.info/blog/2008/01/26/nokia-hs...macosx-leopard/ and download the script NokiaHSDPA.zip

I start to extract and dump into /Library/Modem Script, configure my network preference. Once its setup, i try to connect. It is working great with fastest speed compare to GPRS/3G. Thanks to mroth who inspired me to made a change in my beautiful Motorola V6RAZR modem script. Here is my modified modem script that based on Ross Barkman script. Motorola V6RAZR.ccl.zip

So, those 2 script is working and tested by me.

credit goes to : mroth and Ross Barkman you guys da' man

below is the speedtest result

speedtesthsdpaao3.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having problems tethering my razr v3xx to my macbook pro. Thank you for the HSDPA script, but I think I'm still doing something wrong. I'll have internet for about a minute or so through the bluetooth connection to my phone, but it will then stop working and the modem status is stuck "disconnecting" until I turn off my computer. Do you enter anything into the telephone number, user name, or APN field?Thank you for your input.

honestly, I haven't done test it using blutooth. what I use is using the cable data that came with the phone (small USB to USB). it was running fine up until now. let me try to use it from bluetooth and will get back to you in this blog. just a little reminder, this driver is for V6RAZR. About the telephone number, APN, user name and password, you have to ask your provider. each provider will have their own setting/configuration. for my, i just fill the APN.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Soulrayne

help, i have a problem, i cannot seem to connect to the network... if i choose GPRS(GSM/3G) i can connect to the network but if choose, HSDPA, it wont connect at all? i have all the network setting, but cannot connect... i really dont know if im missing anything... thanks

help, i have a problem, i cannot seem to connect to the network... if i choose GPRS(GSM/3G) i can connect to the network but if choose, HSDPA, it wont connect at all? i have all the network setting, but cannot connect... i really dont know if im missing anything... thanks
which driver you are referring to ? you may take a look at my next posting in this blog and see how to setup the connection and modem.