OS X 10.9 myHack USB Installer Beta

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

Not all Intel CPUs are compatible. What are your system specs?

Has anyone tried this method yet?

http://rochetechnolo...eloper-preview/

He says a new Chameleon version is necessary and an even newer boot file. I may give this a try.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

The method above seems to be working as I am presently installing Mavericks on my GA-P35-DS3L. I may go back and try to use the same version of Chameleon on the myHack installer to see if that helps once I follow the present course of action through. Will report my findings.

iLlusion

iLlusion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Not all Intel CPUs are compatible. What are your system specs?

Has anyone tried this method yet?

He says a new Chameleon version is necessary and an even newer boot file. I may give this a try.

It is a good old Core Duo running the latest Snow Leopard update.

I thought MyHack was designed to work with any Intel machine running OS X, provided it offers support from 10.6.x up.
I checked the guide and couldn't find anything about needing a Core 2 Duo, or any generation of the Core i family, or any 64-bit CPU for that matter.

MyHack 3.1 launches just fine, so why 3.2 BETA doesn't want to work is a mystery to me.

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

It is a good old Core Duo running the latest Snow Leopard update.

I thought MyHack was designed to work with any Intel machine running OS X, provided it offers support from 10.6.x up.
I checked the guide and couldn't find anything about needing a Core 2 Duo, or any generation of the Core i family, or any 64-bit CPU for that matter.

MyHack 3.1 launches just fine, so why 3.2 BETA doesn't want to work is a mystery to me.

I have the same issue. Core i3-2120, 10.6.3 here. Thought it might have been because I was using the legacy kernel. Just reinstalled SL yesterday. Now I broke it trying to update to 10.6.8 :P

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

I'm typing this from Mavericks booted up on my GA-P35-DS3L. I have not been able to try out the latest Chameleon on the myHack installer yet, but still plan to. Video works fine with graphic enabler set to yes, but I had to use ##### to install the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver for ethernet. More when I know more.

@ILIusion: Core2Duo has been a requirement since Lion came out as the OS is 64bit only now. I believe there were some tweaks which would allow Lion to run on a Core Duo, but I've forgotten what they were by now!  :whistle:

Edited by fantomas1, 13 June 2013 - 01:09 AM.
Please, be careful about which link you put in your signature, we can consider some links as spamm!!! Cordially, staff

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I'm typing this from Mavericks booted up on my GA-P35-DS3L. I have not been able to try out the latest Chameleon on the myHack installer yet, but still plan to. Video works fine with graphic enabler set to yes, but I had to use ##### to install the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver for ethernet. More when I know more.

@ILIusion: Core2Duo has been a requirement since Lion came out as the OS is 64bit only now. I believe there were some tweaks which would allow Lion to run on a Core Duo, but I've forgotten what they were by now!  :whistle:

Is there any insight you can offer me with this issue? Thanks

iLlusion

iLlusion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I understand that, but shouldn't be possible to still be able to install the new MyHack in my SL machine to, at least, make an installation USB for whatever other machine that runs 64-bit OS X? I, for example, was able to create an installation USB of 10.8 for a Core i3 MSI from my Core Duo using MyHack 3.1.2, but in case the same thing was to be attempted with Maverick, then the new version of MyHack is needed, as it supports the DP. I can't even try to make one, though, because the new MyHack won't run in my Core Duo.

@wws12: I think this could just be a bug that happens in 10.6.x systems. I hope Conti notices, so it can be fixed (in case it's indeed a bug and not a "Bad CPU").

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

Is there any insight you can offer me with this issue? Thanks

Certain versions of SL didn't work with a Core i3. This was fixed in later releases. Your system should have no problem running Lion, Mountain Lion or Mavericks, but just because it is capable does not mean it will. Give this method a try.. It's not that hard, but not as easy as myHack:

I listened to the entire video and then started and stopped it while I was making the installer flash drive. FYI it only worked on one of the 2 systems I tried it on so far, but I plan to try others when I have the time.

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

That guide sounds good, but unfortunately I need to install it on a MBR partition on one OS X partition only. Guess I'll have to wait for myHack to work properly...

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

That guide sounds good, but unfortunately I need to install it on a MBR partition on one OS X partition only. Guess I'll have to wait for myHack to work properly...

Sorry, turns out I did an update to the drive I thought I was doing a clean install to. But it worked, so that was good. Now I'm trying a clean install, but I have your beach ball. How long did you wait for it to go away? Seems on one of my attempts I had it, but it went away after what seemed like forever. Funny how it works fine one time and then you try again on the same system and get a different result.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,819 posts

It does work properly. MBR support is a unofficial add on so please do not say it does not work properly. He has considered dropping support all together for some time for MBR. 

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

It does work properly. MBR support is a unofficial add on so please do not say it does not work properly. He has considered dropping support all together for some time for MBR. 

Sorry, turns out I did an update to the drive I thought I was doing a clean install to. But it worked, so that was good. Now I'm trying a clean install, but I have your beach ball. How long did you wait for it to go away? Seems on one of my attempts I had it, but it went away after what seemed like forever. Funny how it works fine one time and then you try again on the same system and get a different result.

Could I use this method to install on a GUID formatted USB drive and then restore to my HDD?

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

Could I use this method to install on a GUID formatted USB drive and then restore to my HDD?

I can't promise it will work, but it should. I have used this method for MBR partitioned hard drives in the past. I use SuperDuper, but Carbon Copy Cloner should also work. You will have to install the proper Chameleon and boot file over to that partition. Let us know how it works out.

What system did you install this on? Also did you use the version of Chameleon which the myHack installer used or did you install a later version? 

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,531 posts

You don't need any third party app, just use the restore function of DiskUtility.

All the best!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,819 posts

I can't promise it will work, but it should. I have used this method for MBR partitioned hard drives in the past. I use SuperDuper, but Carbon Copy Cloner should also work. You will have to install the proper Chameleon and boot file over to that partition. Let us know how it works out.

What system did you install this on? Also did you use the version of Chameleon which the myHack installer used or did you install a later version? 

My main system:

http://rampagedev.wo...about/main-rig/

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 880 posts

Nice! I gave up a long time ago on having the latest/greatest. It's a never ending battle and it gets kind of expensive after awhile!  :wink_anim:

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

I never understood why tonymac or anyone else thinks is better for us to choose what they think is better.

I know he (my hack) is working hard and i thank him for that but if he can provide all settings for my hack he must do it so end user to choose.Anyway I'm not using it and just talking about mbr patch.

Sorry for my English

mendietinha

mendietinha

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

I never understood why tonymac or anyone else thinks is better for us to choose what they think is better.

I know he (my hack) is working hard and i thank him for that but if he can provide all settings for my hack he must do it so end user to choose.Anyway I'm not using it and just talking about mbr patch.

Sorry for my English

see, my friend, this is the first developer preview and everything is going just fine. basically nothing change in the installation process. so,  you don't need a MBR patch to install it, just do the regular process and install in a pendrive, after that, you restore the system to your MBR partition using the pendrive and the disk utility.

alexanderq

alexanderq

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Thanks for the answer but i have already installed it  an on two computers without any problem and restoring it is a way of install but that is not what i said.

What does it mean unofficial?Lets not forget that we are trying to create or make a hackintosh.

Maybe the language as i said.

redneck

redneck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

I have ML 8.4 installed on this HP 7700 duo core, I had to buy a USB audio the only problem. Great OS use it the most instead of win 8

I'm trying to install 10.9 with USB myhack .

At install > When it gets to the select install HD mode , nothing shows up but the USB drive . Same in utilties too.

thanks for any help

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy