Thoughts about Mavericks with Atom (yes, Atom)

88 posts in this topic

Enjoy!

Yuppie Yay! 10.9 on air on my asrock ion 330 pro HTPC... icloud it seems working, audio realtek 889a (aka 885) patched, LAN network OOTB, VDAPU & Nvidia ION OOB (macbookpro5,5 smbios).

only one thing.... (like Pepetato) i have to ignore System caches in chameleon, otherwise i've got kernel panic at boot... kernel related issue???

Cheer!

• Like 1

I've tried -f command... but is the same.

I have try MyXXXX tools for create the pen drive, but not working... 

I don't have any idea for install this on Asrock ION a330

Anyone can help me???

Check your partition table if you try to install on MBR, you need to patch your usb, otherwise hangs on boot.

I have installed Maverick 10.9 on my Asus 1201N, it is so simple, who want ask me about it please sent me a question to email !

Maybe you can be more helpful if you detail the procedure to members here. 

Some questions though....imessage works? apple store works? facetime works?  Audio? Sleep?

I love you guys! could you help me?I would like to install maverick on my acer aspire one d255 with intel atom n455 64bit dual core  2gb ram dd3 1333mhz  with intel gma3150

I own the original application from the app store and maverick snow leopard installed currently

I already tried with a retail lion but does not work. black screen and nothing more! even by using various flags but that's another story

back to maverick you think it is feasible to install on my device?

Maybe you can be more helpful if you detail the procedure to members here. 

Some questions though....imessage works? apple store works? facetime works?  Audio? Sleep?

it works all of that, i use myhack to make a usb, mach_kernel is from theconnatic, kext is all from my ML

Is it possible to install on my Toshiba NB510 because i have tried installing os x on it for about a year but it won't even boot up. I have tried every version of osx there is i can say. I really don't care if its no graphics support i just need os x on that machine so i can run garageband and record some stuff on the go. graphics is not needed.

@matte951 yours might work but the gma3150 won't... these people have the ION/9400M from nVidia.

thank you so much these days I have made ​​progress,I installed lion 10.7.2 and I'm installing on a second partition mavericks  (I have the modified kernel) still talking about lion I have a problem .. lion everything works perfectly except for the wifi .. but the graphics is not fluid goes in spurts is almost impossible to see the animation .. I installed the kext for my gma1350 but still have not solved anything, why is that?che cosa può essere la causa? sorry for bad english

PS:I mean when I say those animations of the dock or desktop

i'm pretty sure that gma 3150 will never run properly in os x... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/215822-gma-3150/

But I have a doubt, when I installed Snow Leopard were not jerky animations but they were displayed correctly, and I have seen people who have posted kext where they said that their video card GMA3150 with snow leopard was perfectly http://www.osx86.net/files/download/1727-full-working-gma-x3150-32bit/

With your kernel and myHack I successfully boot up my 1201n, As you said we had zero iCloud functionality, but the laptop works as Snow Leopard time...hehe... fast... Also maps, mail, app store and ibooks works. :)

I want to know if you check this kernel also...  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/163-109-ivy-bridge-e-atom-lapic-fix-kernel/

Great news!

I've been trying to run Mavericks on my 1201n since it was seeded as a preview, with no success: the kernel patcher module from Chameleon clearly needs to be updated, and since it's not developed by the Chameleon team itself, but by a third party development company (meklort's xZenue LCC), we haven't yet any ETA for this update. I tried the old kernel patcher from meklort, but also met with no success (which was expected, since it shares the same code with the kernel patcher module). So we've been stuck with Mountain Lion for quite a while.

As some of you might know, i'm deeply involved with AMD kernel development - and I'm currently the AMD Development forum moderator - and we managed to boot some AMD machines with a couple of beta kernels. These kernels are quite AMD-specific, and in fact i tried them with my 1201n, but they didn't work. However, one of our leading developers, Andy Vandjick, doesn't have an AMD machine, so he has been trying to make his patches as much CPU-agnostic as possible, and indeed his old AMD kernels for Mountain Lion and  Snow Leopard also included support for legacy Intel hardware. Last week, he adapted his patch set for Mavericks, and since he didn't install the necessary new Xcode, i have to build the binaries for him. The resultant kernel didn't work, but brought relevant insights for the current beta kernels for AMD.

Well, knowing Andy's history of enabling legacy Intel support for his kernels, and also knowing he has been using essentially the same base patch set across OSX iterations, i decided to experiment with his kernel, even a little skeptical - since it didn't met its goals, that is, boot on AMD. Then, today, for my greatest surprise, after a few attempts, it worked, and i manage to install mavericks on my 1201n!

I didn't do many things with my Mavericks partition since then, and i expect all iCloud-based services not to be working, since that's the rule with kernels compiled from the XNU sources, but hey!, that's a real deal! Hope you all try it! Here's our kernel: atom_kernel.zip

• Like 1

Ok. I had made the test. Two important changes. One with the linked kernel I can use Airdrop. Everything else was as yours (no iCloud functions).

Not yet. My 1201n is currently defective - broken charger - so I cannot test anything for the moment...

OK... This is a checklist for 1201n (atom 330) using first the kernel that made my fellow theconnnatic and later the kernel that had been post in this topic earlier today.

My specs. Atom 330 / 4GB / SSD 128G / Apple Wireless / Using Bios Mod for AHCI and Performance running @ 2.13mhz with DDR2 @800

Geekbench result (1889) :  http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2360328

What works:

ALL  :thumbsup_anim:

Whats needs more work:

-Audio didn't come back after sleep (using RestartHDA for this)

-Audio Out thru HDMI don't work (video is good on HDMI and VGA)

-USB didn't unload clean before sleep, but they come back after a notice

P.D.  AS SAID by OP. we don't have iCloud services in this netbook until a new version of the kernel patcher is available.

The iCloud controls:

iMessage

FaceTime

bookmarks and passwords syncing on safari

sync services for contacts, notes and calendar

and iCloud access for apple apps. (in my particular case, i had setup the dropbox and skydrive. With these i can send any document that can be read on my iPhone or iPad  without problem from Office, Preview or the new iWorks.

Maps, iBooks, AppStore, iTunes, Locations Services (including Find My Mac) works.

• Like 1

Hi all!

It's gerat to read that some of you has succesfully installed Mavericks on Atom based netbook! ;)

I've got an Asus 1015PN with iAtokos S3 V2 installed and full working but after update to 10.6.8 combo the WiFi BCM4322 stops working... :(

I'm newbee and I can't get it working so I'm wondering.... why don't I try to install from scratch the last Mavericks version?

Can you please help me understand if my netbook should be compatible or not?

Can someone point me to a detailed guide to install Mavericks on my Atom based netbook, please?

OK... This is a checklist for 1201n (atom 330) using first the kernel that made my fellow theconnnatic and later the kernel that had been post in this topic earlier today.

My specs. Atom 330 / 4GB / SSD 128G / Apple Wireless / Using Bios Mod for AHCI and Performance running @ 2.13mhz with DDR2 @800

Geekbench result (1889) :  http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/2360328

What works:

ALL  :thumbsup_anim:

Whats needs more work:

-Audio didn't come back after sleep (using RestartHDA for this)

-Audio Out thru HDMI don't work (video is good on HDMI and VGA)

-USB didn't unload clean before sleep, but they come back after a notice

P.D.  AS SAID by OP. we don't have iCloud services in this netbook until a new version of the kernel patcher is available.

The iCloud controls:

iMessage

FaceTime

bookmarks and passwords syncing on safari

sync services for contacts, notes and calendar

and iCloud access for apple apps. (in my particular case, i had setup the dropbox and skydrive. With these i can send any document that can be read on my iPhone or iPad  without problem from Office, Preview or the new iWorks.

Maps, iBooks, AppStore, iTunes, Locations Services (including Find My Mac) works.

Hey ~tivimac, could you please pack up all your stuff (Extra, SLE, DSDT, SMBios, org.chameleon, etc.) and attach here?

I just installed Mavericks on mine and I am still struggling with best PS2 kexts, reboot issues, etc.

That will be really helpful.

Cheers!

Good news.

My /E/E from 10.8.4 boots Mavericks, but it shut power off unexpected ...

May be it is a kernel bug or overheating. It will be nice to have more working kext to play with them.

I'm waiting your /Extra and /S/L/E kexts :)