• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

Warren1240

Warren1240

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

You're using a SMBIOS from a mac model that won't be supported on Maverick. Try a SMBIOS from a new model (use chameleon wizard to generate one)

Thanks for the help, it fixed the problem, really should have figured that one out myself. Sorry took so long to respond been busy just installed 10.9 now.

cochon

cochon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Rockinron, thank you for your instruction. Install OS X Mavericks on my Gigabyte

I create USB boot drive.  Boot with -v -f, installed on my second partition Samsung 830.  Reboot
Boot to my first partition Mountain Lion 10.8.4, install kext with Kext Wizard (fakesmc, lnx2mac realtek NIC, kxaudiodriver - Audigy 2 sound card).  I try to run Repair Permission / Rebuild Cache, Kext Wizard app won't allow me to run.  Copy /Extra folder from my Mountain Lion (very important, it won't boot without this) Reboot

Boot to my second partition Mavericks OS with -v -f.  Go to kext wizard Repair Permission / Rebuild Cache.  Reboot

Boot Mavericks OS with -v.  Very Smooth :)

iCloud/Facetime/iMessage work
Trim Enabler ---> Chameleon SSD Optimizer works fine
Patch AppleRTC ---> http://www.insanelym...tch-cmos-reset/
Audigy 2 sound works.  I don't bother test with built-in sound
Install Hardward Sensor from Kozlek it run fine
Install GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.4 it said need to contact developer bla bla bla.  Reboot.  Show up USB 3 superseed bus, I will test later.

s73v3r

s73v3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm attempting to install 10.9 using the procedure outlined here. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB drive, the system hangs. I tend to get to the Bluetooth messages when it hangs the first time. After a while it'll progress, and brings me to a gray screen with the spinning beach ball of death, and doesn't get any further.

I've used GraphicsEnabler=No, and I've used PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000, and I tried dart=0 (vtd[0] fault).

Any suggestions?

lion

lion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Hi,

Using Sabertooth X58, couldn't make network and sound to work.

LAN is Realtek® 8110SC, 1 x Contrôleur Gigabit LAN, with AI NET2 

Sound is Realtek® ALC892 8 channels.

Does somebody get them working ?

Thanks,

bluenote56

bluenote56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, books, hi-end hi fi, computers, electronics.

Hi,

Thanks,

Working here. You must do some post installation work but you'll get them work. Asked a moderator about posting kext for that.

MacVador

MacVador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Works almost perfect on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L just cant make sound to work... tried the AppleHDA from my 10.83 doesn't work... tried a voodoo with that one i can see the volume icon but dont have sound...

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,402 posts

the FakeSMC.kext is ver. 4.2. can we use a newer version from ##### (ver. 5.1.x?)

Update : I tried using the latest FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins from ##### 5.3.1 and they work.

Hei again with this name ...attention ok.?...our patience has a limit

bluenote56

bluenote56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi,

Thanks,

With this kexts I got 892 sound and Lan working on my GA Z77X UP4 TH. Install them with Kext Utility then repair permissions. Hope this works for you too. I suppose you already know how to enable different analog channels (ex: surround)

Ciao

Attached Files

lion

lion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

With this kexts I got 892 sound and Lan working on my GA Z77X UP4 TH. Install them with Kext Utility then repair permissions. Hope this works for you too. I suppose you already know how to enable different analog channels (ex: surround)

Ciao

Hi bluenote56,

Thanks for your help, i'm going to try it very soon.

Edit: Tried but not working, i didn't notice that your motherboard is a Z77 chipset, mine is X58, anyway thanks.

Edit 2: Sound works but not LAN.

bluenote56

bluenote56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi bluenote56,

Thanks for your help, i'm going to try it very soon.

Edit: Tried but not working, i didn't notice that your motherboard is a Z77 chipset, mine is X58, anyway thanks.

Edit 2: Sound works but not LAN.

Glad sound works. Even if we've different mobos, you should use "Lnx2Mac's installer" and your lan should work.

lion

lion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Glad sound works. Even if we've different mobos, you should use "Lnx2Mac's installer" and your lan should work.

Tried it already, get spinning wheel for ever  :lol:

Edit: Reinstall Lnx2Mac after installing your kexts, no spinning wheel but LAN doesn't work, no change.

Within your package HDAEnabler1.kext should be renamed HDAEnabler.kext shouldn't it ?

Tikifg

Tikifg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Thanks... works like a charm on my HP Elitebook 8570p. Didn't even need to bother with my HD4000 it was recognized automatically with 1024 MB VRAM

bluenote56

bluenote56

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Tried it already, get spinning wheel for ever  :lol:

Edit: Reinstall Lnx2Mac after installing your kexts, no spinning wheel but LAN doesn't work, no change.

Within your package HDAEnabler1.kext should be renamed HDAEnabler.kext shouldn't it ?

Well, actually I didn't touch it at all, but since I made some tests maybe it was renamed by system. Now it works like it is. I don't understand the lan thing. It should work. I must admit I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

lion

lion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Well, actually I didn't touch it at all, but since I made some tests maybe it was renamed by system. Now it works like it is. I don't understand the lan thing. It should work. I must admit I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, now sound still works and LAN is working too, after installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext 2.06 for 10.7 with MB 5.3.1 (Official Realtek driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.).

PGHammer

PGHammer

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

myHack method failed - plain-vanilla method works (with two quibbles).

Everything works but audio/CI/QE (but CI/QE doesn't work in ML either).

HDMI works for graphics - just not for audio (expected - hence it being a quibble).

LAN (RTL8111 series) works using same kext from ML.  Imported settings from iCloud and GMail painlessly as well (iCloud was set up on ML - GMail was not).

The graphics non-support is a quibble because that will likely have to change for reasons *other* than Hackery - at some point I'm going to need to replace the GPU; fortunately, all my candidates (HD7850/7870 series) are supported by ML and Mavericks.

Even with no QE/CI, it's snappier than ML, and surprisingly so at that.

Gurqn

Gurqn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I would like to share something easy for GA-Z77-D3H users, you can easily upgrade to maverick with following settings;

Assuming already using 10.8.4

-Install CloverUefi

-put fakesmc to 10.8 folder in ESP partition

-add MacPro 3,1 to SMBIOS section of config txt, you will have working turbo and fermi cards will work correctly

-copy maverick dp build to your desktop

-double click and select your target volume as current osx volume, installer will complete extraction and you will have recovery drive :)

-once restart, for only one time you -WithKexts flag that will inject fakesmc =)

-select installer from clover

-Installer will complete everything and reboot, that's all super easy =)

Edit:

By they way Clover Gigabyte settings;

-DropDMAR YES

-Rest of ACPI settings NO

-Kernel CPU, AppleRTC etc.. all NO

-InjectUSB etc all NO

Saeran

Saeran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted this over on the Installation Troubleshooting thread, but thought I might try this too.

I followed Bob Roche's guide, which is essentially identical to this one, to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

nothing1234

nothing1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted this over on the Installation Troubleshooting thread, but thought I might try this too.

I followed Bob Roche's guide, which is essentially identical to this one, to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

Have you copied the match_kernel and the boot file on your "/installationharddrive"? Because for me it didn't work until I replaced them on the install location. I also get this reboot error when I use tonymacx86's chimera bootloader that was outdated until the last version.

rayman121985

rayman121985

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Please see two screenshots attached to this post below to help me figure out the problem.

1. I had ML installed before this

2. I did a clean install with the tutorial using the USB

3. Install on the USB worked fine but only using the flags -x -f -v

4. After the installation when trying to boot into OSX MAVERICK I get the errors you see in the screenshot therefore after the installation I can't get it to the desktop so I can finish post install due to errors.

16GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 memory
2TB WD SATA HD
64GB SSD Crucial
eVGA NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) QUAD CORE
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

THANKS for any thoughts and suggestions on getting past these errors so I can get to the desktop to finish post install.

Attached File  20130624_002556.jpg   137.97KB   193 downloads

Attached File  20130624_003624.jpg   97.9KB   113 downloads

iceage2609

iceage2609

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

I got 10.9 successfully installed on my hackintosh and boot with -f flag. 

It worked flawlessly but without usb mouse support. Trackpad works fine and mouse keyboard as well.( That's strange) . Nvidia vard ok - sound ok etc.

The only issue i got is that I can't boot without -f 

If i tried to i am receiving this error http://www.insanelym...ut-with-issues/

Any clue ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OS X, Vanilla, Hackintosh, Maverick, Mavericks, 10.9

Topic Stats Last Post Info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy