10.9 Mavericks Simple Vanilla Hackintosh Install Guide

167 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have installed 10.9 Mavericks on a new partition with this guide and am running into serious problems with my system locking up sporadically. The freezes are non-repeatable, so they are totally random. I can't see any crash reports in the console which seems to be normal for these kind of lockups. Maybe someone can nudge me into the right direction… Data below:

USB stick method install

Chameleon 2.2 r2246

All OC’ing turned off

GUID table disk with one HFS partition

DSDT for the F10 board

SSDT that worked flawlessly in Mountain Lion DP1 up to 10.8.4.

NullCPUPowermangement.kext hasn’t helped

CPU switches from low-power multiplier to turbo-power (monitored with HW-Monitor)

PList settings: http://cl.ly/image/0m0d1S1N0J0M

SmBios: iMac 12,2

iCloud: working fine

AppleGPUPowerManagement: from stock 10.9 install

Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (http://www.osx86.net/view/3930-appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext_10.9_dp1.html)

Perl-patched AppleRTC to prevent CMOS setup

FakeSMC from the other thread here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/)

FileNVRAM.dylib

Sata.dylib

klibc.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

Following this guide... I am able to boot from thumb drive, however I get the apple logo and spinning graphic below it then screen goes black for 1 sec and I get stuck art gray screen (installer never comes up). Do I need to replace the boot file?

Or he can edit USB/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Distribution

(open mpkg with Flat Package Editor)

There is:

Line #8 - min RAM required (2GB default)

Line #35 - virtual machine installation support (change false to true)

Line #60 - platform/system board checks (change false to true)

Save & replace.

Not tested yet. I'm still waiitng for MBR patch.

Thank you for information, and here is modified file. It's worked for me :)

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3940

You're using a SMBIOS from a mac model that won't be supported on Maverick. Try a SMBIOS from a new model (use chameleon wizard to generate one)

Thanks for the help, it fixed the problem, really should have figured that one out myself. Sorry took so long to respond been busy just installed 10.9 now.

• Like 1

Rockinron, thank you for your instruction. Install OS X Mavericks on my Gigabyte

I create USB boot drive.  Boot with -v -f, installed on my second partition Samsung 830.  Reboot
Boot to my first partition Mountain Lion 10.8.4, install kext with Kext Wizard (fakesmc, lnx2mac realtek NIC, kxaudiodriver - Audigy 2 sound card).  I try to run Repair Permission / Rebuild Cache, Kext Wizard app won't allow me to run.  Copy /Extra folder from my Mountain Lion (very important, it won't boot without this) Reboot

Boot to my second partition Mavericks OS with -v -f.  Go to kext wizard Repair Permission / Rebuild Cache.  Reboot

Boot Mavericks OS with -v.  Very Smooth :)

iCloud/Facetime/iMessage work
Trim Enabler ---> Chameleon SSD Optimizer works fine
Patch AppleRTC ---> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289798-applertc-patch-cmos-reset/
Audigy 2 sound works.  I don't bother test with built-in sound
Install Hardward Sensor from Kozlek it run fine
Install GenericUSBXHCI v1.2.4 it said need to contact developer bla bla bla.  Reboot.  Show up USB 3 superseed bus, I will test later.

• Like 1

I'm attempting to install 10.9 using the procedure outlined here. However, whenever I try to boot from the USB drive, the system hangs. I tend to get to the Bluetooth messages when it hangs the first time. After a while it'll progress, and brings me to a gray screen with the spinning beach ball of death, and doesn't get any further.

I've used GraphicsEnabler=No, and I've used PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000, and I tried dart=0 (vtd[0] fault).

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Using Sabertooth X58, couldn't make network and sound to work.

LAN is Realtek® 8110SC, 1 x Contrôleur Gigabit LAN, with AI NET2 

Sound is Realtek® ALC892 8 channels.

Does somebody get them working ?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks,

Working here. You must do some post installation work but you'll get them work. Asked a moderator about posting kext for that.

Works almost perfect on Gigabyte G41M-ES2L just cant make sound to work... tried the AppleHDA from my 10.83 doesn't work... tried a voodoo with that one i can see the volume icon but dont have sound...

the FakeSMC.kext is ver. 4.2. can we use a newer version from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (ver. 5.1.x?)

Update : I tried using the latest FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins from ##### 5.3.1 and they work.

Hei again with this name ...attention ok.?...our patience has a limit

Hi,

Thanks,

With this kexts I got 892 sound and Lan working on my GA Z77X UP4 TH. Install them with Kext Utility then repair permissions. Hope this works for you too. I suppose you already know how to enable different analog channels (ex: surround)

Ciao

892+RT.zip

• Like 1

With this kexts I got 892 sound and Lan working on my GA Z77X UP4 TH. Install them with Kext Utility then repair permissions. Hope this works for you too. I suppose you already know how to enable different analog channels (ex: surround)

Ciao

Hi bluenote56,

Thanks for your help, i'm going to try it very soon.

Edit: Tried but not working, i didn't notice that your motherboard is a Z77 chipset, mine is X58, anyway thanks.

Edit 2: Sound works but not LAN.

Hi bluenote56,

Thanks for your help, i'm going to try it very soon.

Edit: Tried but not working, i didn't notice that your motherboard is a Z77 chipset, mine is X58, anyway thanks.

Edit 2: Sound works but not LAN.

Glad sound works. Even if we've different mobos, you should use "Lnx2Mac's installer" and your lan should work.

Glad sound works. Even if we've different mobos, you should use "Lnx2Mac's installer" and your lan should work.

Tried it already, get spinning wheel for ever  :lol:

Edit: Reinstall Lnx2Mac after installing your kexts, no spinning wheel but LAN doesn't work, no change.

Within your package HDAEnabler1.kext should be renamed HDAEnabler.kext shouldn't it ?

Tried it already, get spinning wheel for ever  :lol:

Edit: Reinstall Lnx2Mac after installing your kexts, no spinning wheel but LAN doesn't work, no change.

Within your package HDAEnabler1.kext should be renamed HDAEnabler.kext shouldn't it ?

Well, actually I didn't touch it at all, but since I made some tests maybe it was renamed by system. Now it works like it is. I don't understand the lan thing. It should work. I must admit I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Well, actually I didn't touch it at all, but since I made some tests maybe it was renamed by system. Now it works like it is. I don't understand the lan thing. It should work. I must admit I don't know how to fix it. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, now sound still works and LAN is working too, after installing AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext 2.06 for 10.7 with MB 5.3.1 (Official Realtek driver for 81xx Ethernet controllers. Installs AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.).

• Like 1

myHack method failed - plain-vanilla method works (with two quibbles).

Everything works but audio/CI/QE (but CI/QE doesn't work in ML either).

HDMI works for graphics - just not for audio (expected - hence it being a quibble).

LAN (RTL8111 series) works using same kext from ML.  Imported settings from iCloud and GMail painlessly as well (iCloud was set up on ML - GMail was not).

The graphics non-support is a quibble because that will likely have to change for reasons *other* than Hackery - at some point I'm going to need to replace the GPU; fortunately, all my candidates (HD7850/7870 series) are supported by ML and Mavericks.

Even with no QE/CI, it's snappier than ML, and surprisingly so at that.