10.9 Mavericks Simple Vanilla Hackintosh Install Guide

167 posts in this topic

Any news about patched CPUPM?

Found the patcher. Installed. All is working but USB 3.0 and OpenCL fix. Some problems at boot: backtrace of AppleIntelHD3000.kext.

I fckd up Mountain Lion installation. Can someone send me AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from Mountain Lion (v196)? THANKS

Everything working just fine, upgraded a clone of my ML install and installed required kext files (AppleHDA and others). Could not get USB 3.0 working, may require an updated kext... (haven't looked much into it...)

GA-Z77n-WiFi

GTX 660

EDIT: anyone who can point in directions for a way to modify my DSDT for native USB 3.0 and 2.0 support on Z77?

actually I did find that using the universal 3.0 loader from another source that I got usb 3.0 working. I thought the PXHCD kext from the universal laci / cal drivers was causing me not to be able to shutdown. What resolved my issue, was removing the smcbios and everything except the theme folder from my ML folder that I copied over.  I used http://www.osx86.net/view/3497-universal_usb_3.0_installer.html the installer is in french so I installed both. USB 3.0 is working, as my time machine is a 3.0 drive and now shows up and works. Final question I have, is there a way to enable TRIM on a solid state drive, and should there be a dock on both screens?

Hi,

I am planning on installing this to an external USB drive so I can test Mavericks out without having to potentially compromise my hard drive. I downloaded the DP1 beta from iMZDL before I saw this article, and I followed all the way up to restoring the DMG to my USB drive -- I'm not sure how; could someone please explain?

Also, I was wondering whether I could boot the actual OS off of the USB (I have an actual MacBook Pro 13" late-2011, if it matters) without having it run an installer such that Mountain Lion is overwritten. I am very anxious to try Mavericks out, and I am hoping somebody will be able to help or simplify things for me.

Thanks!  :)

-oarvik

i can't get sound to work. Any ideas? I have ALC889 on a Gigabyte mobo with UEFI bios.

I installed ALC889 with HDAEnabler from the one whose name is not to be spoken, but no luck...

:thumbsup_anim: First of all, thanks for the guide and I finally got the time to try it.

However, there is no Packages folder in install ESD. I have looked everywhere. Hidden files are also shown.

there is a packages link file on my USB though.

Could someone please help me out? Thanks a ton!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with mavericks. So i got everything up and running but when i boot up i have to use -v -f flags and if i don't use those flags it just hangs at the grey apple screen. Does anyone know what I'm missing or anything else that needs to be installed in order to have it boot without -v -f flags. Thank you in advance!

Thanks for your suggests. I could install on my GA Z68X UD3H B3 and GA Z77 UP4 TH builds. I'm just checking things to give a feedback hoping it can help. For the moment I prefer to always start  from USB stick instead of installing Chameleon directly ' cause I'm afraid to mess up things in my actual first boot HD which has another bootloader. I just had to fix  lan and audio and while USB 3 works on GA Z77 it doesn't on Z68. Thanks again. I'll post again after checking better.

UPDATE

I tried to import from a Time Machine backup. It seemed it was ok. Actually it ended with a real mess, maybye for all the appls/compatibility. So pay attention in doing that. No luck with USB3 on Z68. I installed tha usual generic kext but no way. Must be something concerning EtronJ168.

i can't get sound to work. Any ideas? I have ALC889 on a Gigabyte mobo with UEFI bios.

I installed ALC889 with HDAEnabler from the one whose name is not to be spoken, but no luck...

Try ALC889 and ALC889a (with and without DSDT ones) it worked for me.

Honestly? the easiest way to install Mavericks or any other os x version is to use MyHack.

I used it to install Lion, ML and now Mavericks and it works really well. I am not lazy, I'm just tired (AKA TOO OLD!) of fighting with issues each time I need to install OS X on my hack. BTW, I ditched TonyMac's boot tool in favour of the genuine Chameleon boot loader - it works better.

Honestly? the easiest way to install Mavericks or any other os x version is to use MyHack.

I used it to install Lion, ML and now Mavericks and it works really well. I am not lazy, I'm just tired (AKA TOO OLD!) of fighting with issues each time I need to install OS X on my hack. BTW, I ditched TonyMac's boot tool in favour of the genuine Chameleon boot loader - it works better.

People following this guide are not doing so because they want the easiest way to install OS X. They are doing so because they want to install it, understand how they installed it, and understand how to modify it to suit their hardware.

If you wish to click a button and install OS X then by all means use MyHack or Tony or some other distro, but that is not what this guide is about.

Simply: It isn't ment to be the easiest, it is ment to be the most complete.

• Like 5

Hi,

This guide works perfectly on my GA-H67N-USB3 with Graphic Enabler = Yes for the 9500 GT.  :)

I install  RealtekRTL81xx.kext v 0.0.90 (Lnx2Mac's) for Ethernet.

Sounds doesn't work; I suppose need to patch HDA...

Thank's to Insanely community  :P

PS : Well in fact, I do it just for fun  :D because Snow Leopard always do perfectly the job for me  B)

• Like 2