10.9 Mavericks Simple Vanilla Hackintosh Install Guide

167 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Thanks for the guide. I have followed it all and boot the installer choose english setup language and then it comes up with a message saying that Mac OS X 10.9 can't be installed on this computer.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I only put the kexts in the package provided not sure if I am supposed to put the keyboard or sound one in as well.

System specs are:

Celeron G530

Foxconn H67M

Asus G210 silent 1gb

4Gb Ram.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Celeron G530Cel

• Like 1

Hi there,

Thanks for the guide. I have followed it all and boot the installer choose english setup language and then it comes up with a message saying that Mac OS X 10.9 can't be installed on this computer.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I only put the kexts in the package provided not sure if I am supposed to put the keyboard or sound one in as well.

System specs are:

Celeron G530

Foxconn H67M

Asus G210 silent 1gb

4Gb Ram.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Celeron G530Cel

You're using a SMBIOS from a mac model that won't be supported on Maverick. Try a SMBIOS from a new model (use chameleon wizard to generate one)

• Like 1

Or he can edit USB/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg/Distribution

(open mpkg with Flat Package Editor)

There is:

Line #8 - min RAM required (2GB default)

Line #35 - virtual machine installation support (change false to true)

Line #60 - platform/system board checks (change false to true)

Save & replace.

Not tested yet. I'm still waiitng for MBR patch.

• Like 1

There is a new Chameleon version. Using the patched boot file is not necassary anymore. Just use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest version on USB drive and later on on your Mavericks HDD.

• Like 1

I have a Z87-D3HP with an i7 4770.

Although I am using a new version SMBIOS (Mac Mini 2011) the machine still refuses to let me install it because it is unsupported.

Not only that but the PCI config issue comes up and ncpi=0x2000 or 0x3000 does not solve it. It will stop there saying configuring PCI and will stay until it boots to the GUI.

There is a new Chameleon version. Using the patched boot file is not necassary anymore. Just use Chameleon Wizard to install the latest version on USB drive and later on on your Mavericks HDD.

Can you be specific about which version or post a link here? I googled that but found nothing. Thanks in advance.

Can,t wait to test the new Mac OS on my mbr drive.

Hi,

I followed the guide to the letter but my usb install is not bootable,I used the 2246 version of chameleon but the final installl usb is not detected for usb boot.

This is what I did

--formatted the usb to guid

restored base system to usb,copied packages folder,

placed mach_kernel to root of usb,

put kexts in s/l/e

copied my existing extra folder to root of usb

installed chameleon 2246 to usb.

But on trying to boot from usb for initiation of install the usb is not detected as a bootable device at all.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi,

I followed the guide to the letter but my usb install is not bootable,I used the 2246 version of chameleon but the final installl usb is not detected for usb boot.

This is what I did

--formatted the usb to guid

restored base system to usb,copied packages folder,

placed mach_kernel to root of usb,

put kexts in s/l/e

copied my existing extra folder to root of usb

installed chameleon 2246 to usb.

But on trying to boot from usb for initiation of install the usb is not detected as a bootable device at all.

Please advise.

Thanks

Simply, Let's use myHack 3.2 beta 8. It very simple and work well.

Can you be specific about which version or post a link here? I googled that but found nothing. Thanks in advance.

Can,t wait to test the new Mac OS on my mbr drive.

bildschirmfoto20130612u.png

2246 is able to boot Mavericks. :)

Installed 10.9 but I can't boot into it (p8p67le + gtx570) there seem to be some issues related to my graphic card because each time I boot, the system freezes right after the "iobluetoothhcicontroller" line.

I think, it has something to do with the graphics (from what I've read on the net).

I tried -f -v -x graphicsenabler=no npci=0x300 and pcirootuid=0 but nothing works.

I've had similar issues with lion and mountain lion, but -v graphicsenabler=no npci=0x3000 pcirootuid=0 would make it work before...

Any suggestions what else I could try?