[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

Hi,

I followed the MyHack installation process however can only boot in safe mode. I have:

No DSDT.

SMBios.plist that matches my hardware.

The extras folder from the MyHack install.

I am also booting with GraphicsEnabler=no and have tried a number of the other options without success.

Attached is a screen shot which shows where the boot halts.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Your Hardware?

Try boot with -v dart=0

Could someone please help me out over here? Thanks in advance  :D

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290758-booting-into-installation/

EDIT: 

I have a huge problem with booting into the install. See here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290326-asus-z87-gryphon-i5-4670k-nvidia-470-os-x-109/

I would be so happy about some help.

Thanks a lot!

Same exact problem as this, only my specs are different and I don't believe the solutions there will help as I tried them, so if you happened to help him, you could probably help me too  :thumbsup_anim: 

try whit this Installer  no flag  :D  :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.osx86.net/view/3941-boot_usb_os_x_mavericks_10.9_dp.pkg.html

Could someone please help me out over here? Thanks in advance  :D

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290758-booting-into-installation/

EDIT: 

Same exact problem as this, only my specs are different and I don't believe the solutions there will help as I tried them, so if you happened to help him, you could probably help me too  :thumbsup_anim: 

try whit this Installer  no flag   :D   :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.osx86.net...0.9_dp.pkg.html

Reinstall, huh... I'd rather save that as a last resort, but it seems like a viable option, I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

5 min I gives you the link   :lol:   :D

Reinstall, huh... I'd rather save that as a last resort, but it seems like a viable option, I'll keep it in mind, thanks!

http://www.fichier-zip.com/2013/07/24/boot-z87-haswell-os-x-mavericks-mbr-pkg/  here  :D

give a report  ok good luck  B)

*** EDIT ***

Boot with -s

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

cd /Volumes/your_partition_name
mkdir /kext_backup
cd /Volumes/your_partition_name/System/Library/Extensions
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /Volumes/your_partition_name/kext_backup

reboot

Replace your_partition_name with the name of your OS X partition, obviously.

If the name has spaces, use " "
ex cd /Volumes/"Mountain Lion"

Reboot with GraphicsEnabler=No

This solved the Bluetooth issue that I and some others were having for me, putting it here for future reference.

Issue image (credit goes to majusss):

post-1187606-0-09336700-1372837962.jpg

Does anyone know what this kernel panic is all about:

IMG_0149.jpg

I seem to get it from both the installer, and post installation unless I use -x -f and after installing my DSDT I get it no matter what I do.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Ralink 3070 wifi usb. It worked well on 10.8.5 but not avalable on 10.9. I tried kext for RT2870. It works but I can't shutdown complete. Everything turn off. But the light on power button is still on. Can you help me? Sorry, my English is very bad.

Here kext:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=125623

Success using MyHack on Asus P5Q-E

All working using various drivers available on here apart from sound. I cant seem to find working kexts for the AD2000B onboard sound.

But other than that its flying.

If anybody has any working drivers let me know.

Hey guys,

I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. 

I installed OSX Mavericks and when I boot with -v I got the error in the attached file. 

Please help me :D

Boot with -x and install the latest HWSensors package

got still waiting for root device after installstalation. this is on my dell. help? and ahci is enabled...

This could work (not certain if it will)

Boot with npci=0x3000

If that doesn't work then try npci=0x2000

Hi, i'm having some trouble getting OSX10.9 to work :/ Its my first attempt to install a OSX system on my machine.

First, my hardware specs:

Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V with Intel Z68 Desktop PCI Chipset

BIOS: version 3603 release 4.6 dated 11/09/2012

CPU: Intel Core 2 i5 2500 @ 3.3GHz

RAM: 2x 4Gigs Corsair DDR3 @ 667MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6950 (from Asus)

Displays: 2x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 both connected via DVI

HDD's: Intel SSD 80Gig's (clean for OSX), Corsair Force3 SSD 120Gig's (Win8), Western SATA3 Caviar Green 2TB (Storage)

USB Drive for OSX Install: WD Ext HDD 2TB

If that's not enough - HERE is my full Dr. Hardware report.

Now to what i've done:

I followed this guide, i setted up a VM with OSX ML on my Windows for preparing my USB Drive with the install of mavericks and then done all the steps from the guide except:

2.C. Patching the installer for a PC:
5. Copy your folder of essential software & kexts to the root of your USB stick.

I don't know what software & kexts i need to get this to work :/ So i thinked i just give it a try. Shut down my PC, Booted, pressed F8 for getting the bootmenu, selected my Ext WD USB, and then it showed me this:

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: error

on both my screens..

Then i this thread i found the boot file for Chameleon from mendietinha, so i downloaded it and replaced the one on my Ext USB drive with it, but still getting the same error.

So now, can anyone help me getting this OSX installed? :(

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

I do not understand step 9: create the extra folder on the usb

What is this referring to?

My Toshiba Satellite L50 just keeps booting straight to windows like the USB is not there. I have checked 10 times that USB is the first boot device.

EDIT: Found the required info and completed step 9. Still cannot get my laptop to boot into Chameleon, continually boots to windows.

Having trouble getting 10.9 to install on a system that runs 10.8 perfectly.

Using the MyHack method.

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X79

CPU: Intel i7 - 3820

GPU: Nvidia GTX 680

32 GB Memory

When I installed 10.8 I booted with the following flags:

-v

cpus=1

npci = 0x2000

GraphicsEnabler = No

busratio = 32

UseKernalCache = No

EthernetBuiltIn = Yes

and it installed flawlessly.  

I've used those flags on 10.9 as well as the following:

-v

npci=0x2000

cpus=1

GraphicsEnabler = No

and in both instances the installer gets to a white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor and seems to hang there.  I can move the cursor around the screen but it never seems to go past that point.

Any thoughts?

Having trouble getting 10.9 to install on a system that runs 10.8 perfectly.

Using the MyHack method.

Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X79

CPU: Intel i7 - 3820

GPU: Nvidia GTX 680

32 GB Memory

When I installed 10.8 I booted with the following flags:

-v

cpus=1

npci = 0x2000

GraphicsEnabler = No

busratio = 32

UseKernalCache = No

EthernetBuiltIn = Yes

and it installed flawlessly.  

I've used those flags on 10.9 as well as the following:

-v

npci=0x2000

cpus=1

GraphicsEnabler = No

and in both instances the installer gets to a white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor and seems to hang there.  I can move the cursor around the screen but it never seems to go past that point.

Any thoughts?

Try PCIRoot=0 or 1.There are also many problems with NVidia cards on mavericks still unsolved.

I've actually been able to get it to boot and install.

The issue now is that it seems to only boot in safemode and I can't get sound working.

Edit: 

For the sound I've tried both ALC892 kext files and VoodooHDA kext files (latest version).

Is no sound a known error for the Sabertooth X79?  It worked perfectly in 10.8

Hey guys, I've been having some issues as well on my  Gigabyte X58_UD4P- ATI5450 system. bios F14p

I use chameleon 2.2 - r2266

with latest fakesmc and associated plug ins straight from the source (5.3.9 I believe)

I have managed to install all right, I also have latest DSDT edits (after 10.8.5) audio working, graphics and everything works fine, except sleep, shutdown and restart.

I get a black screen after a while and computer keeps running, sleep interestingly enough goes to black screen as well but if you move the mouse you get the login screen, so nothing happens.

All crucial kexts seem to be loading (AppleLPC, AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement, AppleHPET etc) and checked IoRegistryExplorer  as well.

System will not boot if I don't use -f mode which apparently is a switch that does nothing (officially, since Mavericks use the kernel cache) but does something, I guess the boot cache. but I digress and I could be wrong.

Tried: PCIRoot:1, npci=0x200, which change nothing.

I've been busting my head here, so any suggestion welcome.

Problem fixed! With the suggestion of member iFire I updated a kext I used for my USB Wifi stick which uses drivers from Ralink, the drivers I had were Snow Leopard old (RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext) and although they were completely functional, they prevented the machine to shutdown or restart of course. link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/167-mavericks-ralink-usb-rt2870rt2770rt3x7xrt537x/

Edited by Splatterize

I followed this guide, i setted up a VM with OSX ML on my Windows for preparing my USB Drive with the install of mavericks and then done all the steps from the guide except:

So now, can anyone help me getting this OSX installed? :(

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

Well if you followed the guide you'd read, and I quote

Part 7 – Common Errors & Basic Diagnostics

1. Boot0 error is most likely caused by incorrectly installing chameleon or having a drive with 4k-sector allocation. Try to reinstall chameleon, if that doesn’t work see here:

http://www.macbreake...oot0-error.html

You'll need to read the guide carefully to make this work, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Just use an external usb stick to make your test it looks like you're using a standard external hard disk here..

Good luck