[10.9 - Installation Troubleshooting]

ZikPhil

157 posts in this topic

do you have fakesmc kext and nullcpupower in system extentions? 

yes i have both of them.....the problem is that the backtrace isn't showing any kernel extensions so there's no way for me to figure out what is causing the problem

yes i have both of them.....the problem is that the backtrace isn't showing any kernel extensions so there's no way for me to figure out what is causing the problem

ok tell me bout your system built mobo ram and anything you know and then take a pic of each bios settings page and upload them here 

ok tell me bout your system built mobo ram and anything you know and then take a pic of each bios settings page and upload them here 

my system info is in my signature.....Lenovo G460 laptop and my bios is pretty much the standard required for hackintoshes :)

hey guys i need some help i need a dsdt 7970 injection please i tried to do it my self follow rampage dev but it never goes right or does not work here is my dsdt all errors fixed and my ioreg. i have 6 ports my fb is ikura and my gpu name is Asus HD radeon 7970 

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/l%2BXNEvxYysciHO6aRy%2FggA

back up links ioreg:http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbrqyn

DSDT:http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zpfg2

I followed Bob Roche's guide to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

I followed Bob Roche's guy to the letter and have encountered problems.

Essentially I made my thumb drive and installed without a problem.  Booted back into my existing installation and copied over NullCPU and FakeSMC to the appropriate location.  Also installed Chameloen.  Then when I boot (into Mavericks) regardless of whether I boot with nothing, -f or -x -f it simply shows some text and then before getting to the Apple Boot screen my system reboots.  If I boot verbose with -x -f it goes through verbose boot and then at the end my system just reboots.  No error messages at the end or anything.

I would really appreciate some help.  My system has a Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo.  If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers.

try myhack it might work better 

Hello everyone, congratulations to those of you that got ANY version of Mac OSX working on your Hackintosh.

I was still having the no drives/partitions appearing in Disk Utility or in "Select a destination to install" screen problem, I have a GUID formated HDD too. I remember with Mountain Lion I had to use a special AppleAHCIPort.kext to make my drive/partitions appear. Does anyone know where I can get one that works with 10.9 and with of the two extension folders it need to go in or what else I can do or try? My spec are below:

Please and Thank You :)

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)
Bluray player/burner
3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In
Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)
4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer
Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

Guest wader1111

Yay! Reinstalled Mavericks from scratch (used -v npci=0x2000 -f to boot into the installer). I restarted, booted into ML partition and installed user-free DSDT via ###### and reinstalled the new Chameleon. Booted into the Mavericks partition using the same commands to boot into the installer. I now have full QE/CI on GT 630, Ethernet, Audio, and iCloud but not quite iMessage. Thanks for the support I really appreciate it! Love the Flyover feature on Maps  :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by wader1111
We have filter for a specific reason.

Hello everyone, congratulations to those of you that got ANY version of Mac OSX working on your Hackintosh.

I was still having the no drives/partitions appearing in Disk Utility or in "Select a destination to install" screen problem, I have a GUID formated HDD too. I remember with Mountain Lion I had to use a special AppleAHCIPort.kext to make my drive/partitions appear. Does anyone know where I can get one that works with 10.9 and with of the two extension folders it need to go in or what else I can do or try? My spec are below:

Please and Thank You :)

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz

Intel HM77 Express Chipset

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)

Bluray player/burner

3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/ 1x USB 2.0/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In

Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)

4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer

Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures

Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

what is model of your laptop and what is your bios ?

Hi

I am trying to install mavericks using myHack, but i am stuck at [Pci configuration begin]. This happened when i was trying to install Lion and Mountain Lion, but i solved the problem using the netkas iopcifamily kext. However using that kext with mevericks installer giving me kernel panic. i tried to use the appleahcpi and iopcifamily from my current ML 10.8.3 but no luck, i am stuck at dsmos has arrived. can anybody help me with a patched iopcifamily kext for mavericks dp1? thanks.

^^ I'm having same problem with clover so far (but i think it's my error of not understanding how clover works yet) with Z77-DS3H mobo.

However, chameleon boot's ok. Have you removed the AppleKextExcludeList.kext from the S/L/E of the boot media? I was having same issue, because it prevented FakeSMC.kext from loading.

• 2 weeks later...

on the installation, my disk does not appears  :(  I try A lot of kext on Extra / Extensions  and  its same result 

and I  try all installer ( my hack , vanilla installation and my own one )

PS:  EXT hdd drive usb appears  :ph34r:   :blush:

Help please!!

sysstem :Dell optiplex 755 mini towers cpu core 2 E8500 3.16 ghz / 8 gig ram /geforce gt 610 .2048 mo

works perfect on ML and Lion 

photo_10.jpg

SOLVED!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup_anim:   :D   :P sans_t10.jpg

I HAVE install the 10.8.4 kext  / IOPCIFamily.kext  / IOAHCIFamily.kext/ AppleAHCIPort.kext/  :thumbsup_anim:   :whistle:   :whistle:   :hysterical:   :yoji:   :moil:

for now AM ok with this 

thank you very mutch for your help  pharillion and sampledi  :D   B)

Hi,

I followed the MyHack installation process however can only boot in safe mode. I have:

No DSDT.

SMBios.plist that matches my hardware.

The extras folder from the MyHack install.

I am also booting with GraphicsEnabler=no and have tried a number of the other options without success.

Attached is a screen shot which shows where the boot halts.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

post-834260-0-82596100-1374120617_thumb.jpg