[Help] GraphicsEnabler=Yes causes KP

5 posts in this topic

Hey, I have an almost fully working HP Envy 17 laptop, the only problem left is that my ATI Mobility 5850 card refuses to be recognized as such.

NkO2irz.png

It is seen as 5000, and only the HDMI output works. If I use graphicsenabler, I get a kernel panic after the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, which never happens with it set to off. I have tried removing the sleepenabler.kext, and used different personalities, the only one that kind of works is Hoolock, as it lets the internal laptop display LVDS work, but the HDMI is mirrored and heavily distorted.

Are there any fixes you guys know of, or how to create a DSDT for my card? Or edit the ATI Personality to make it work? CHameleon bootloader does have support for my 5850, it even recognizes it as such when booting with graphicsenabler=yes, but it freezes at the kernel panic.

Try ATIConfig

Zonalis with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Uakari with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Just wondering, what's the difference between those two? Uakari didn't work for me last night, but I'll try the first one.

Its weird that chameleon detects it as 5850 mobility and sets it to nomascus but with that it KP's. But I'll try those when I get home, have you guys had any luck with those on the 5850?