10.8.4 is out

71 posts in this topic

Wrong, they have power management. Under Windows my HD6850M clocks down to 100MHz when there isn't much to do

I agree with you. Simple app like GPU-Z confirms that.

Bad news.. tried the 10.8.4, still freezes (aka Channel Timeout's). Hope nVidia release their new drivers for 10.8.4 soon.

yeah i got my first channel timeout today on 10.8.4.. Is there an easy way to revert back to previous version? the new driver on 10.8.3 released by nvidia is more stable than the 10.8.4 default nvidia driver

update:

Just got the new nvidia drivers to work to 10.8.4. Using now 8.14.11 (313.01.01f03) on 10.8.4

You right guys.

post-974387-0-43490900-1370676923_thumb.png

It's pity that today we have no sensor-kext to look at frequency of ATIradeon

Yep. We're only able to get the temp for the ATI-cards. That may also be one of the pitfalls for ATI-cards.

Yep. We're only able to get the temp for the ATI-cards. That may also be one of the pitfalls for ATI-cards.

As you can see GPU-Z and AIDA64 detects three sensors. But GPUSensors.kext only one.

So that we have much work of iproving it. Even temperature.

I updated too but i have a problem with my WiFi BCM4312 where it says connection timeout occurred when i try to connect.

It works OK with free networks but when i try to connect to a password protected network it gives me that answer.

I did a search and others too have that problem so i have to downgrade until a new solution comes out.

I updated too but i have a problem with my WiFi BCM4312 where it says connection timeout occurred when i try to connect.

It works OK with free networks but when i try to connect to a password protected network it gives me that answer.

I did a search and others too have that problem so i have to downgrade until a new solution comes out.

hello

use the old kext..

good hack

As you can see GPU-Z and AIDA64 detects three sensors. But GPUSensors.kext only one.

So that we have much work of iproving it. Even temperature.

Yep. But it seems that those sensors support desktop cards better than mobility cards.

...since updating, i am getting this console message

6/9/13 3:35:56.958 PM coreaudiod[182]: Disabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is active

6/9/13 3:36:04.755 PM coreaudiod[182]: Enabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is inactive

...frequent and recurring

...wondering if my voodoo audio needs an update? :worried_anim:

...since updating, i am getting this console message

6/9/13 3:35:56.958 PM coreaudiod[182]: Disabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is active

6/9/13 3:36:04.755 PM coreaudiod[182]: Enabled automatic stack shots because audio IO is inactive

...wondering if my voodoo audio needs an update? :worried_anim:

Happening on real mac as well as AppleHDA.kext

Happening on real mac as well as AppleHDA.kext

I don't know how should I feel... these kind of things that comes with updates are making osx feeling somehow cheap... :( Who the hell wants a heavy-spammed console... It looks like they accidentaly left some debug thing on. They making mistakes more and more often in these days...
  • Like 1

I don't know how should I feel... these kind of things that comes with updates are making osx feeling somehow cheap... :( Who the hell wants a heavy-spammed console... It looks like they accidentaly left some debug thing on. They making mistakes more and more often in these days...

Who knows. Maybe they made it this way on purpose.

some solution AR5001X+ wifi card to upgrade to 10.8.4, it works but does not connect to networks with WEP or WPA encryption. any suggestions?

upgrade method: combo
reinstall AppleHDA, and atherosfix io80211Family

This seems to fix the nvidia freeze at least for the mobile GTX 560M and Desktop Ti:

tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/87224-mountain-lion-10-8-2-asus-g74sx-start-finish-12.html#post613928

• 2 months later...

i downloaded the combo update and it said it failed at the end for some odd reason but i restarted and everything works perfect and it says im running 8.4 now. i looked in my kext folder and i dont think it installed any new kexts cuz all my stuff still works wireless/ati 6770/voodoo/ect strange lol