CPU: Intel Atom N270 1.6Ghz
CHIPSET: Intel 945GSE Family
RAM: 1GB 533mhz
GPU: Intel GMA 950
ETHERNET: Atheros AR8132
WIFI: Atheros AR5007EG
AUDIO: Realtek ALC272
USB CONTROLLER: Intel N10/ICH7
I need video to work, Wifi, Ethernet doesnt have too(but id like too), Audio, And USB ports
I dont really care about the webcam
Is that enough?

This is a netbook. Acer Aspire One (KAV60)

When i will install ill post the results

Sotirios Papakonstantinou

Sotirios Papakonstantinou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I had Acer AspireOne 150 with similar specs. I couldn't install Snow Leopard directly, so I created a smaller partition to temporarily install Leopard so I could use the terminal to install Snow Leopard and make it work. The only version that works right away without any tweaking is Kalyway 10.5.2. I then downloaded an Atom kernel to replace mach_kernel, DSDTSE to compile my won DSDT file and some other kexts I don't remember right now. I followed this guide:

http://dailyapps.net...-windows-vista/

I created three paritions since I wanted dual boot with Windows 7. After successful installation of Snow Leopard I deleted the Leopard partition and expanded the Snow Leopard partition to take all free space. After installation, with the given kexts, webcamera worked fine, graphics worked at 800x600, not 1024x600, but sure this can be fixed with appropriate Intel GMA 950 kext. Ethernet worked only when booting with the cable connected, otherwise it couldn't detect the cable and had no internet! This was fixed by installing the official Realtek driver from Realtek's site. Wireless never worked, no matter what I did (maybe I needed a driver for the key combination to enable WiFi as well). I had installed MacDrive to Windows 7 so I had full access to the Mac partition. I then backuped the atom kernel and restored it after each combo upgrade. This trick worked and could do all upgrades up to 10.6.7. It didn't work for 10.6.8 though, so I eventually deleted the Mac partition and expanded Windows to take all disk...

I hope that helps...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy