System Preferences crashing when opening on 10.8 to 10.8.3

5 posts in this topic

Hello and thank you for helping me out.

Simply put, when trying to open system preferences it just crashes. Attached is the report from the OS, the system info device screen and the system info kext screen.

Everything else works out nicely. Installed 10.8 with myHack 3.1.2. Updated to 10.8.3 from Apple, same problem.

System is a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, on G41 / ICH7 Intel Chipset, 2 x 2 GB DDR3, NVidia 9400 GT, Net/Sound/Video works out of the box. Wireless does not.

Please give me a direction to search at, since the system crash is too much generic.

All the best,

Rom Pereira

crash_report.rtf

post-855532-0-18096900-1370281578_thumb.jpg

post-855532-0-58703500-1370281588_thumb.jpg

Try opening each prefpane from this folder -> /System/Library/PreferencePanes/

If one of those crashes then restore it from a backup or combo update. I'm just guessing, haven't seen the problem before but it can't hurt to try.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello Maniac10, thank you for your answer.

I navigate to the folder and executed several of the files. All gave the same problem I posted above.

I don't know how to restore from a backup or combo update. I got a MacBook Pro with the same OS, maybe I could just copy from there? Any other ideas?

Thank you for your kindness in help out,

All the best,

Rom Pereira

Hello Maniac10,

Took me some time to learn how to create another account from the terminal but it was done and nothing changed. Same problem.

Attached there is a complete set of DarwinDumper reports, it is compressed as zip, it is a bunch of folders and a html file linking it all up. Maybe it helps to clarify things.

Thank you once more,

Rom Pereira

DarwinDumper_2.7.2_Chameleon_2.2_ML_romrp.zip