• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

conlan

conlan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

How would one go about using this guide to do a completely fresh install? I am having trouble after updating to 10.8.4 with very similar hardware (GTX 670) and can still boot using -x and enoch bootloader but if this guide helps get everything working much more quickly then trying to troubleshoot my problems (thread http://www.insanelym...84-and-gtx-670/) Thanks for your help.

kdp

kdp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

How would one go about using this guide to do a completely fresh install? I am having trouble after updating to 10.8.4 with very similar hardware (GTX 670) and can still boot using -x and enoch bootloader but if this guide helps get everything working much more quickly then trying to troubleshoot my problems (thread http://www.insanelym...84-and-gtx-670/) Thanks for your help.

i used the first post in this thread to do a totally new install from nothing. just start with the end of it first, making the clover install usb.

1. update & setup bios as first post instructs

2. use a mac you already have to set up the usb install ( if you want to be really lazy just copy his oem folder to your usb, maybe ditch his dsdt)

the instructions aren't necessarily in order for a brand new install, but they're all there.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts

i am here..thz

Aleksandr

Aleksandr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Spent FOREVER trying to do a clean USB install with this guide using Clover r1928, but wasn't able to get to the second stage of the install. Switched to r1750 and everything went perfect. Ugh.

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I don't post much but just wanted to say great guide and great work. I now have a uefi clover box running like a champ. My video card under chameleon always showed 1gig memory, when there was 2 gig. All I had to do was load audio kext and fakesmc and that is it. Have recovery partion. I am loving life. Boots faster. Just a better box now. Off all week gonna do laptop now. It is a asus g75vw. I know video don't work but not gamer so it won't be that bad, I do my job via command line anyway. If any help is needed on the z77x-ud5h clover install pm me and I will be more than happy to help out. :) :) :)

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts
Hi friend i need help for csm video , do you remeber that i have nvidia 660 ? CSM support inside bios
I wait...thz
Carmine

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hi friend i need help for csm video , do you remeber that i have nvidia 660 ? CSM support inside bios
I wait...thz
Carmine

I need some more detail? Specs....

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts

I need some more detail? Specs....

You use clover boot ?

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Yes, Latest clover v1942. 

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts

Yes, Latest clover v1942.

Wich pci card have you?
It is a compatible UEFI GOP ?

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

It is right in custom mac description, gtx 430. I have a 650 ti 2g  boost I am going to put into today.

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Can any fellow Z77X-UD5H users that also use the onboard audio and have front panel audio plugs connected please confirm if there are any issues when playing back audio?

Yes mine works, also mic working...

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Thanks ckegman, I found out it was a problem with a system definition that is fixed by using iMac instead.

ajscilingo

ajscilingo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm trying to follow this guide using Clover r1942.  I've been installing OS X using a bootable USB that has Chimera on it then booting into my OS X installation that way and following the guide as layed out on the first page.  When I boot the first time from the USB I get a menu that asks me to reinstall OS X, I do that and try rebooting with non cache and injected kexts and the same screen is presented to me over again.  Can someone point me in the right direction for getting this up and running, I'm a bit of a newb at this.

sbg

sbg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 66 posts

I'm not suture for 100% I did not done all testing before I upgraded my bios to 16c its much better...

But sleep does not work cos of 15r or I think cos of just nvidia HDMI fix....

What I want to say sleep didn't work for me cos I just apply nvidia HDMI patch... But when I apply hd4000 then nvidia patch sleep works fine... Looks strange but how it worked for me...

What is the experience of BIOS version 16c vs 15r?   Does it make sense to upgrade or not?

Thanks!

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

16c for me has been great, no issue with front USB3 port that 15r brought me and very stable in general.

ckegman

ckegman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Just put in new evga 650 ti boost 2g, upgraded card to uefi gop and it is running like a mad man. I am not a gamer but getting some really nice benchmarks with system. Just a few more tweaks and I will be done. just wanted to say again thanks Insanely mac for a forum that actually has users that want to help... Also again great guide for the z77x-ud5h board. you da man...

ckegman

D-an-W

D-an-W

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

@xpamamdeus What are the "Fast Boot" settings you mentioned that now work ok with F16c BIOS please?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 584 posts

just set fast boot and its working just nice.

Before 16c wass having bugs.

magnifico

magnifico

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,446 posts

just set fast boot and its working just nice.
Before 16c wass having bugs.

Hi friend listen me please.

You have clocked the time from when you press the power button on the pc to get to the desktop? on my asus it takes me 25 seconds, maybe the asus thinks there very much, uff
I want to say that maybe the asus bios to read, takes a long time, maybe do a lot of testing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gigabyte Z77X UD5H, Clover UEFI, Gigabyte, Guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy