[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have been out of scene becouse dont have hackintosh anymore.

But i can suggest that u read how to fix GUID error in first or second page of thread.

For ozmosis read whole ozmosis thread and i am sure u will have alot of fun creating your own bios for this board.

posts that i post for this board are really old now and there are many better way for making ozmosis bios better than ones i post in this thread..

Good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you still have your old bios's for this board, your dropbox links are all dead and it would be good to have a known working base to reference against.

I'll comb through the Ozmosis thread tomorrow. I had reasonable experience working with the custom bios for the old EP45-UD3* boards and 10.6 so custom bios sounds like a fun challenge. From what I've seen it shouldn't be that difficult to get it working, plenty of documentation and discussion. Its far easier these days with dual bios.

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you still have your old bios's for this board, your dropbox links are all dead and it would be good to have a known working base to reference against.

I'll comb through the Ozmosis thread tomorrow. I had reasonable experience working with the custom bios for the old EP45-UD3* boards and 10.6 so custom bios sounds like a fun challenge. From what I've seen it shouldn't be that difficult to get it working, plenty of documentation and discussion. Its far easier these days with dual bios.

Thanks.

Dont have copy of my mods anymore becouse there are better techniques/tools for making mods these days than when i begin to mod.

Ozmosis thread its really a good one for read but u must read all..

• Like 1

A new forum thread has been created for this guide and ga-z77x-ud5h Ozmosis discussion. This post will no longer receive updates.

Update: Upgraded to 10.10.2. System still works. HDA needs to be patched after update. No Nvidia web driver available yet so system defaults to Apple GPU driver.

I have Yosemite 10.10.0 working with Ozmosis. I'll do my best to edit this post with additional information on getting everything working.

Setup Guide:

• Flash the Ozmosis BIOS.
  • Set your BIOS according to the first post. Your system may still work with CSM and VT-d enabled.
  • If OSX is already installed, remove any previous OSX bootloaders, files etc. Don't forget the Clover files in your EFI partition.
  • If OSX isn't installed, install it.
  • If you have an AMD/Nvidia card, rename the provided DSDT.aml and copy it to EFI/Oz/Acpi/Load/DSDT.aml on the EFI partition of your first GPT disk. Otherwise, create your own DSDT, MaciASL.app is recommended. Reboot, so the DSDT can take effect.
  • Extract and run the HDA patch script to patch AppleHDA.kext.
  • If you are experiencing issues waking your computer (see issues below for details), download AppleNativeGPUPowerManagement.kext from the Multi-monitor wake fix link. The kext is designed for the GTX 670. If you have another graphics card, replace the PCI device ID in the kext's info.plist with one for your card. Install the kext. (Add the darkwake=0 flag in com.apple.boot.plist as well?)
  • Install hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext.
  • Fill in the missing values in the NVRAM Script then double-click it to run. BaseBoardSerial should be 17 alpha-numeric characters i.e. 1700000000000000A. SystemSerial should be a valid Macmini6,2 serial number i.e. C02LW9I6DWYN. ROM should be your ethernet MAC address i.e. %23%f4%e7%65%4a%44. MLB should be your serial number padded with random alpha-numerics to 17 digits i.e. C02LW9I6DWYN190AZ.
  • Reboot to apply the newly installed/patched kexts.

Issues:

• System will sometimes not wake properly. Looking at the System.log, it seems the GTX 660 graphics card isn't waking up Oct 20 04:31:26 hackintosh kernel[0]: NVDA::setPowerState(0x4a6f17b1751b1697, 0 -> 1) timed out after 45569 ms. This issue happens every wake with AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext installed. Fix this with the multi-monitor wake fix.
  • Yosemite install rebooted to black screen. No idea what happened. Instead of waiting for whatever was running to finish I did a hard reboot. My Yosemite partition didn't show up in the system boot list but a new Recovery Partition was available. I pulled my drive, placed it in an external USB enclosure, booted it up on a Apple Mac, and completed the install on the Apple Mac.
  • VoodooHDA refused to load. I resolved this by adding the following boot flag to com.apple.boot.plist: kext-dev-mode=1
  • VoodooHDA panic on wake from sleep. Should probably use HDA instead.

Links/Files:

Ozmosis BIOS:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1488481/16g_oz1479_v1.fd

NVRAM Script:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1488481/writeNVRAM(edit_me_before_using).command

Nvidia Web Driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/78853/en-us

hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/

HDA Patch Script:

https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/blob/master/audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip

DSDT:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1488481/pjalm_patch_and_graphics-DSDT.aml

Multi-Monitor Wake fix:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/94318-applenativegpupowermanagement-kext.html

• Like 2

I have a problem with this board. After computer awakes I can't touch usb ports because it leads to Kernel Panic. If I insert flash drive or phone - Kernel Panic, but just after sleep. This problem appears with both Clover and Ozmosis. In Mavericks it didn't appears.

• Like 1

Hey asstastic, I just installed Yosemite using Clover using this guide and another on a different website.  I'm having sleep wake issues (reboot upon wake).  Do you think it has something to do with my Nvidia graphics card? 

Does your system reboot immediately or about 10 minutes after waking?

The system log is a great resource for identifying the cause of these sorts of issues.

I have a problem with this board. After computer awakes I can't touch usb ports because it leads to Kernel Panic. If I insert flash drive or phone - Kernel Panic, but just after sleep. This problem appears with both Clover and Ozmosis. In Mavericks it didn't appears.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce this issue on my system.

Does your system reboot immediately or about 10 minutes after waking?

The system log is a great resource for identifying the cause of these sorts of issues.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce this issue on my system.

It restarts immediately, before the displays even kick on.  When I return to OSX, I get the "your computer crashed and you can press any key to reboot" error.

asstastic, your guide is awesome. I followed it to the letter.

Everything is working, fast boot, sleep is also working from the 6-7 times that I tried. 

Only thing I'm missing is the sound, Ran toledo's patch and it works fine, verified that sound is working using chameleon.

I've inserted the ext-dev-mode to the nvram, boot logs show:

05:698 00:000 Found 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82:boot-args "ext-dev-mode=1  darkwake=0

I've also tried adding in Defaults.plist in /Volumes/EFI/Oz

but the boot loader doesn't seem to read it.

you mentioned: Add the darkwake=0 flag in com.apple.boot.plist as well.
Does this file need to be in /EFI/OZ?

Thanks again for the guide.

I figured it out. It was the GenericUSBXHCI.kext that was causing the issue. I used a different version to solve it.

Native Apple USB kext works with all ports on this board. You shouldn't need any special kext for full USB support.

@nate911

The boot argument to load non-apple kexts is "kext-dev-mode=1" not "ext-dev-mode=1". Did I leave a typo somewhere?

• Like 1

Native Apple USB kext works with all ports on this board. You shouldn't need any special kext for full USB support.

Could it be something in my dsdt? Because without it I can't use the usb 3 ports.

hackmodfords dsdt.zip

Edit:

Now I'm confused. I removed the kext and usb 3 still works. I know it didn't work in the past without the kext :/

I've never used any kext with USB on this board.  It all worked natively.

Also, I fixed sleep/wake without removing AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.  Instead, I injected my device id into a custom kext.  Sleep/wake still works as expected and AGPM is registered for correct throttling of the video card!

See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301832-clover-no-wake-with-two-displays-and-intel-integrated-graphics/?do=findComment&comment=2074235

• Like 1

I'm having similar issues as some of you with USB, but it's only after sleep. I've upgraded from the App Store since Lion, and I've never experienced any issues. It's always been the case for me that sleep inevitably breaks something, some people can live with it, or never notice, for me sleep always made console spit cpu errors and cause audio clicks and interruptions, so I resorted to just not having sleep going at all. Power management and speedstep always worked fine so it wasn't a huge deal for me. Now the computer is sleeping on it's own, despite me having it set not to, audio preferences are not sticking and some audio devices (like HDMI audio) just disappear for me. So I'm guessing that maybe my issues can be resolved with deleting some power mangagement plists prefs and maybe seeing if that stops the computer from sleeping.

Does anyone know what .plists specifically dictate the sleep preferences?

Fix for firewire bug when CSM disabled.

When we disable CSM we get alot of this error in Console

FW GUID in system is 00000000000000

VanillaCracker post this driver on another forum to fix this error.

attachicon.gifFirewireDriver.efi.zip

U need just put it into drivers64UEFI folder.

Now we dont have this error anymore in Console,and ioreg looks like this

rVQ4EVk.png

There its no invalid 000000000000 GUID here.

Thanks that fixed the initial GUID.  

But I get GUID is invalid 00000000000 when waking from sleep.  

So after adding the EFI and restarting the kext when waking from sleep I get the correct GUID.

Just run this on resume from sleep.. There are several ways to do that.

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleFWOHCI.kext/

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleFWOHCI.kext/

If you don't really need firewire you could also just unload it by creating a file /etc/boot.d/  and just unload it.

For whatever reason my bios does not allow disable when using UEFI with clover.  

Also, I fixed sleep/wake without removing AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.  Instead, I injected my device id into a custom kext.  Sleep/wake still works as expected and AGPM is registered for correct throttling of the video card!

See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301832-clover-no-wake-with-two-displays-and-intel-integrated-graphics/?do=findComment&comment=2074235

I downladed the kext from the post, replaced the PCI device ID with the one for the GTX 660 and installed the kext. It looks like it resolved the graphisc issues I was having. Thanks a million for the fix.

If anyone has any ideas about an issues I'm having with a Logitech USB camera, I'd be happy to try it.

Basically I cannot wake from sleep with the camera plugged in.  I get a KP every time.  Without the camera plugged in, I can sleep/wake without any issues at all.  I've tried both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports in both the front and back of the machine.  I've tried the GenericUSBXHCI kext and it didn't change anything.

I had similar (but not the same) issues way back when I was using Chimera on ML.  I solved it back then by simply reinstalling ML.  I might try a reinstall of Yosemite now that I have a pretty good baseline system to work with.

If anyone has any ideas about an issues I'm having with a Logitech USB camera, I'd be happy to try it.

Basically I cannot wake from sleep with the camera plugged in.  I get a KP every time.  Without the camera plugged in, I can sleep/wake without any issues at all.  I've tried both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports in both the front and back of the machine.  I've tried the GenericUSBXHCI kext and it didn't change anything.

I had similar (but not the same) issues way back when I was using Chimera on ML.  I solved it back then by simply reinstalling ML.  I might try a reinstall of Yosemite now that I have a pretty good baseline system to work with.

Might be the camera. I have one that blue screens windows on a regular basis. Same for the Logitech USB audio card.

You check BIOS USB settings and install the posted DSDT?

Hi all.

Just found a way to fix this bug proper way.

Now driver works after sleep too.

Use this new driver from asrock z77 extreme 6 or intergate it into bios.

Driver for using with clover folder its .efi

Driver for integrating this into bios its .ffs

Guide how to integrate can be found in this thread.

Drivers.

I can say that now this board works like real mac without any problem at all.

:thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

This its the right way to fix firewire problem.

Works after sleep too.

Delete those two via from bios.

post-307055-0-43633000-1414227799_thumb.jpg

And add file from asrock biosasrockfirewire.zip

or use this efi driver from clover.

AsrockFirewireDriver.zip

Thanks that fixed the initial GUID.  

But I get GUID is invalid 00000000000 when waking from sleep.  

So after adding the EFI and restarting the kext when waking from sleep I get the correct GUID.

Just run this on resume from sleep.. There are several ways to do that.

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleFWOHCI.kext/

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleFWOHCI.kext/

If you don't really need firewire you could also just unload it by creating a file /etc/boot.d/  and just unload it.

For whatever reason my bios does not allow disable when using UEFI with clover.  

Old link now its updated with working one.