• 11 posts

Any news about the updated driver?

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

@hackimacki: still R310 in dp3 (310.40.05b06), still glitches and general problems even on my mbp, so nope.

@davidm71: I'm not sure actually, since you don't need the GraphicsEnabler any more, but you might need a newer chameleon version for "nvda_drv" support.

cmf

cmf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

quick update: dp4 still has R310 drivers, but with a slightly updated version (310.40.05b18). and the apple version changed to 8.18.12 (from 8.16.* before).

I've also installed dp4 on my workstation now and the gtx 780 does indeed work in dp4, including opencl support! there might be a few graphical glitches in some apps, but no crashes or kernel panic so far :)
note that the gtx 780 is recognized as "NVIDIA GK11x" (and "Pre-Release GK11x OpenGL Engine")  by os x, but this shouldn't be much of an issue.
also note: I couldn't get the dp1 installer to work (hangs after windowserver started up), so I'd recommend copying an dp4 image from another mac or installing with another graphics card for now.

romaincs

romaincs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Hi there,

On my side, with nvidia web driver, it detects GTX 780 not GK11x (10.8.5).

I'm having some issues on some applications with this graphic card :

• ARD Server Crash
  • Opengl extensions viewer Crash
  • Luxmark 2.0 Crash

Are you able to run that apps properly ?

If yes, then have you an idea of what might be wrong ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy