OS X Snow Leopard on ThinkPad X60

BenA

8 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, first post here!

Need a little help, and hope to return the favor as I get better versed on this subject...

I've installed OS X on my IBM / Lenovo X60 using iATK OS S 3 (10.6.3) and the good news is I can boot up in safe mode (-x) to a totally functional system. When I attempt a normal boot, it gives me a message that I must turn off my computer. The graphical picture of a power button with that message in several languages.

Used iATKOS for convenience, I have a copy of Snow Leopard on the bookshelf above my desk :)

Specs on the X60: http://support.lenov...ID=PD010033#arc (Mine has the T2400, 2 GB of RAM)

To get this far I've tried several things, on the latest attempt I've disabled speed step and used minimal customization options during the install.

Booting up with (-v), the last lines I see are:

http://hostthenpost....00779dbdce3.jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Can't wait till I've got a slick little macbook that's tough as nails.

What's the best way to go about removing it? I noticed that I can't see the Extensions directory in finder... and I tried kextunload via the terminal, but it asks for a sudo password. I don't have a password, and it won't accept it blank.

EDIT: Now the system refuses to boot, yet again... Going to do a fresh install on a different HDD without the VooDoo, and I guess I'll give up if that doesn't work. The HD I'm using is out of a machine that was dropped, but it's shown no errors. The system is painfully slow though.

That seems to have fixed one thing (removing the VoodooHDA)... but now when I boot up not in safe mode I see the apple boot screen, with the loading animation frozen. I do have a cursor at some point though, of the colored spinning pin wheel in the top left corner of the screen.

EDIT: Just tried GraphicsEnabler=No and now I'm at the boot screen with a cursor. Can't do anything though.

Any advice? Not sure what I can do to provide more information... If I boot in safemode it just boots up, and if I boot regularly I am stuck with the boot screen & moving cursor / colored spinning wheel...

2nd option for Intel GMA 950. I've also installed with the 1st, and both (1&2). It seems like every time it does the same thing. Is there an easy way to remove my current kext and replace it while booted in safe mode?