Clover Themes

Slice
1,843 posts in this topic

Hey blackosx, could you port some of your awesome Chameleon themes to Clover?  :drool:

Hey iRipper  :)

I always felt that Chameleon deserves to keep it's themes to itself and Clover would get new themes. Besides, some of my Chameleon themes used image sizes that won't work with Clover. Plus I would probably never get time to do it..  

How to get back to the original default theme? I can't find it in the manager anymore..

And what is the original default theme?

Go in EFI/Clover/themes

Yes, can't find it there and that's the problem. I remember it with a grey background and orange cylinder-like-disks.

Hey iRipper  :)

I always felt that Chameleon deserves to keep it's themes to itself and Clover would get new themes. Besides, some of my Chameleon themes used image sizes that won't work with Clover. Plus I would probably never get time to do it..  

And what is the original default theme?

I remember it looked grey with orange cylinder-like-disks. Didn't have a look at its title, I simply installed Clover and it was there in the first place. I then installed all kinds of themes with Clover Configurator and now I couldn't find it anymore. More so, I find my initial EFI boot to be quite slow with custom themes, it was far snappier with that old one.

Yes, can't find it there and that's the problem. I remember it with a grey background and orange cylinder-like-disks.

I remember it looked grey with orange cylinder-like-disks. Didn't have a look at its title, I simply installed Clover and it was there in the first place. I then installed all kinds of themes with Clover Configurator and now I couldn't find it anymore. More so, I find my initial EFI boot to be quite slow with custom themes, it was far snappier with that old one.

You can find all theme here 

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Theme-database

Funny.. I don't see it here neither.

Let's take it differently. What theme was installed by default when you first installed Clover? (My first Clover install was about 2 months ago).

Default its Metal by Slice 

Default its Metal by Slice 

Thank you. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. Maybe it was actually another boot loader before that. Anyways, I repaired the slow loading problem and now it is loading very fast whatever the theme so it no longer is a deal breaker.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I can add the theme to the Clover theme repo for you, but would you like to try adding it yourself? This way you can update the theme as and when necessary. All you need is a spare 100MB on your HD and to follow the 8 steps outlined in this page:

If you wish to do it yourself then let me know your sourceforge account username and I'll give you write access for theme Pandora.
  • Like 2

I can add the theme to the Clover theme repo for you, but would you like to try adding it yourself? This way you can update the theme as and when necessary. All you need is a spare 100MB on your HD and to follow the 8 steps outlined in this page:

If you wish to do it yourself then let me know your sourceforge account username and I'll give you write access for theme Pandora.

I'm doing the steps necessary to post the theme, in step 2 is told to ask a developer associated with Clover to assign write access for me and my theme, also the developer will need to know my sourceforge username and the title of my theme...

My sourgeforge username is carbo178 and the theme is Pandora, i think you can assign me the write permission, right?

Nice theme carbo I like it :thumbsup_anim:

Thank you

• Like 1

I'm doing the steps necessary to post the theme, in step 2 is told to ask a developer associated with Clover to assign write access for me and my theme, also the developer will need to know my sourceforge username and the title of my theme...

My sourgeforge username is carbo178 and the theme is Pandora, i think you can assign me the write permission, right?

Thank you

Done

:)

• Like 2

I followed all steps, but i receive this error on the last step 

Mac-Pro-di-Carbo:cloverefiboot-themes Carbo$ git push origin master
Password:
Counting objects: 211, done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (209/209), done.
fatal: Unable to create temporary file: Permission denied
error: pack-objects died of signal 13
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://carbo178@git.code.sf.net/p/cloverefiboot/themes'

I attach text file who contains all terminal steps

Theme.txt

• Like 1

Well done carbo178.

Looks like you have done everything correctly but there's a permission problem server side. I will need to ask apianti to look at this as I don't have admin privileges to the server, but then again if I did I wouldn't be sure of the best command to fix the permissions.

Sit tight and apianti or I will let you know when it's fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

• Like 1

Hi blackosx  :)  Are you doing ?

Happy new years to you and your Fammilly  :D  B)

I have update My 4 theme on database with the new icons 

vol_internal_hfs.icns     Do you please update on Clover theme  Manager

Thanks !

vol_in11.png

• Like 2

Hi chris1111

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too.  :)

I can make these changes for you, however I would like to suggest that now will be a good time for you to take control of your own themes in the repository so you can update them as you wish and have the changes automatically available to other users of the repository and the Clover Theme Manager app. 

If you wish to do this then please refer the steps outlined in this file.
Note: As your themes already exist in the repo the steps will be slightly different. You will need to follow steps:
- 1,2 - Once you have created a sourceforge account, let me know your username and I will give you access to edit your themes in the repo. 
- 3 - Clone the current repository to your HDD.
- 4 - Your themes will already be present so just change the necessary files to bring it up to date. You say you’ve changed vol_internal_hfs.icns so it will just be this file in each theme. Run git status to verify the changed files.
- 5 - Stage the relevant changes by running git add </path/to/FileName> for each file. Run git status if you wish to check the changes.
- 6 - Commit your changes with a descriptive message.
- 7 - Push your changes to the repo.

The steps above are relatively straight forward and I hope you choose this way. If you do not wish to take control of your own themes then let me know and I will make the changes for you.

Regards