Clover Themes

Slice
1,843 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2018 at 5:50 AM, Mork vom Ork said:

Here is the "moja.icns" icon for my "Classic macOS" Theme and a widescreen BackgroundImage for screensize 3840 x 1600 px:

classic_macOS.thumb.jpg.5568230f14052ceb04ec44e6bcb5402c.jpg

for_Classic_macOS_Theme.zip

Hi, I've committed your updates to the repo, plz check. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good idea, waiting for it since hSierra with APFS released a year back. Thank you. 
now, the most of theme uses only moja/hsierra file name for icon
so default moja/hsierra name use apfs icon?
and moja_hfs/hseirra_hfs for hfs+ icon?
i want to know idea

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

now, the most of theme uses only moja/hsierra file name for icon
so default moja/hsierra name use apfs icon?
and moja_hfs/hseirra_hfs for hfs+ icon?
i want to know idea

Wait, I still get no idea what it means? os_moja forced uses _apfs by default, the changes are on src or we need to updating themes rsc with new personalization?

• Like 1

now
os_moja -> apfs or hfs

new
os_moja -> apfs
os_moja_hfs -> hfs

how about it?

Wait, I still get no idea what it means? os_moja forced uses _apfs by default, the changes are on src or we need to updating themes rsc with new personalization?

19 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

new
os_moja -> apfs
os_moja_hfs -> hfs

how about it?

macOS Mojave uses APFS by default, so I don't think any necessary using separated icons with devining _apfs. A year back with my propotition about vol_internal_apfs.icns, it seems it's not that simple as difficult getting vol UUID inside apfs_container within Clover GUI.    

Edited by Badruzeus

i knew your propotion. i don't know mojave never suppport hfs. i just wonder that need to seperate icon name for apfs and hfs. if no need, i don't touch.

if you have idea, how about this?

now

os_hsierra - apfs or hfs both use

new

os_hsierra - apfs

os_hsierra_hfs - hfs

macOS Mojave uses APFS by default, so I don't think any necessary using separated icons with devining _apfs. A year back with my propotition about vol_internal_apfs.icns, it seems it's not that simple as difficult getting vol UUID inside apfs_container    

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

i knew your propotion. i don't know mojave never suppport hfs. i just wonder that need to seperate icon name for apfs and hfs. if no need, i don't touch.

if you have idea, how about this?

now

os_hsierra - apfs or hfs both use

new

os_hsierra - apfs

os_hsierra_hfs - hfs

There's no problem with Badge (os_) icons I guess, both APFS-HFS version of hSierra-Mojave use a same icns name and they're shown properly, I propose to leave as them. Changing these #atm will worse my time updating them (not only I need more than 15 minutes for a theme to be updated on server, was issue since SF migration 4 months back). To be honest, only vol_ icon for APFS is not there which is needed but I have no idea how; only themes with Swap=false got serious issue with this.. for example "embedded".

Edited by Badruzeus

On 4/26/2018 at 5:04 AM, Slice said:

No embedded@2k

Why not? I need have theme embbeded doble size, my screen is 4k and see small...

I love theme embbeded

Edited by WeBeRiO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, WeBeRiO said:

Why not? I need have theme embbeded doble size, my screen is 4k and see small...

Good. We need tester with 4K display to personalize theme's layout, so plz test this theme and give me some screenshots (Front menu, About menu, Selected vol menu). Thanks.

iOSX4k-Theme-v1.0.zip

@Badruzeus I was about to drop you a line about the Nightwish theme and the new Mojave for which the drives were not recognised as OS. But I realised I should probably first try to update the theme first, in case you already fixed it.

Which you did! :) So, thank you very much for that.

Now, one thing I noticed is that now there are two versions. A Nightwish version (which I got) and a Nightwish256 version...

Which version should I get? Cause...looks like the one I got has pretty big icons.

Also, if I get Nightwish256...do I also need to type Nightwish256 in Clover config...? Or..just Nightwish...?

I'm a bit confused.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arsradu said:

@Badruzeus I was about to drop you a line about the Nightwish theme and the new Mojave for which the drives were not recognised as OS. But I realised I should probably first try to update the theme first, in case you already fixed it.

Which you did! :) So, thank you very much for that.

Now, one thing I noticed is that now there are two versions. A Nightwish version (which I got) and a Nightwish256 version...

Which version should I get? Cause...looks like the one I got has pretty big icons.

Also, if I get Nightwish256...do I also need to type Nightwish256 in Clover config...? Or..just Nightwish...?

I'm a bit confused.

It shown as it I guess, os_sierra, os_hsierra & os_moja use a same typographic "macOS" for Nightwish.

Nighwish uses 160px for MainEntries, another one with 256px. I think U're using the last one (?)

160px and 256px are different themes, and they're not following Slice's commit here yet because I still have trouble previewing it on my (limited) 768px display height.

20 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

It shown as it I guess, os_sierra, os_hsierra & os_moja use a same typographic "macOS" for Nightwish.

Nighwish uses 160px for MainEntries, another one with 256px. I think U're using the last one (?)

160px and 256px are different themes, and they're not following Slice's commit here yet because I still have trouble previewing it on my (limited) 768px display height.

Can I help?

I can test on 1080p (1920x1080) and 1440p (2560x1440).

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Can I help?

I can test on 1080p (1920x1080) and 1440p (2560x1440).

Yeah, download both Nightwish & Nightwish256. Rename Nightwish256 => Nightwish@2x. Under layout of config.plist for @2x use "DesignHeight=1110". On Clover GUI, Theme=Nightwish (w/o 256 or @2x). Now test previewing it with display height larger than 1080p: it should use Nightwish@2x by default. That's what I got from Slice's commit above. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Yeah, download both Nightwish & Nightwish256. Rename Nightwish256 => Nightwish@2x. Under layout of config.plist for @2x use "DesignHeight=1110". On Clover GUI, Theme=Nightwish (w/o 256 or @2x). Now test previewing it with display height larger than 1080p: it should use Nightwish@2x by default. That's what I got from Slice's commit above. Thanks.

Alright. Will try that when I get home.

Update:

Ok...so let's see.

• I downloaded both versions of Nightwish and added them BOTH to Clover/themes.
  • I renamed Nightwish256 to Nightwish@2x.
  • Clover configurator -> Theme Editor, set DesignHeight to 1110px
    157524483_Screenshot2018-06-15at21_13_27.thumb.png.383566e60aeac356971d0e1e2da2fd7d.png

• GUI -> Remains unchanged (Nightwish)
    56852721_Screenshot2018-06-15at21_14_02.thumb.png.5c198240e67ca970b88289eecbd27ff3.png

If that's correct, then I've got two issues to report:

1. non functional mouse and keyboard in Clover UI, so it's a good thing that it boots by default to the correct partition. I couldn't even take a screenshot since none of the keys worked.

2. huge icons.

For comparison, this is what the old version I had looks like on the 1440p monitor.

screenshot0.thumb.png.85e5b0bc02474b684e8df78968a55a81.png

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, arsradu said:

If that's correct, then I've got two issues to report:

1. non functional mouse and keyboard in Clover UI, so it's a good thing that it boots by default to the correct partition. I couldn't even take a screenshot since none of the keys worked.

2. huge icons.

1. Non functional mouse & keyboard is not related to theme afaik (I get no touchpad working, but kb is working properly)

2. With Nightwish & Nightwish@2x are on /themes using 1440p disp height, I'm not sure which one are used automatically, plz check preboot.log or $ bdmesg.

I just wonder why it's icons seem not shown properly (from ur SS); on 1st Gothic theme a year back I did test from Snow Leopard to Sierra. Each have different icons on GUI, or if you have this from Clover config.plist.. plz change it to "false" and try.

<key>CustomIcons</key>
	<true/>

Edited by Badruzeus

7 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

1. Non functional mouse & keyboard is not related to theme afaik (I get no touchpad working, but kb is working properly)

2. With Nightwish & Nightwish@2x are on /themes using 1440p disp height, I'm not sure which one are used automatically, plz check preboot.log or $ bdmesg.

I just wonder why it's icons seem not shown properly (from ur SS); on 1st Gothic theme a year back I did test from Snow Leopard to Sierra. Each have different icons on GUI, or if you have this from Clover config.plist.. plz change it to "false" and try.

<key>CustomIcons</key>
	<true/>

Well. I didn't think it was related to the theme until I actually switched the themes. :))) So....if it's not that (and it would make sense that it isn't), then what is it? Cause I put back the original theme (only ONE folder), and everything back to normal again.

I don't have custom icons (you can see it in the second screenshot, as well. :)

How do I get a preboot log? In the meantime, I'll try to get a bdmesg.

As for the icons...I don't know.... But that's the original version you posted here a while ago, and has been fixed in the meantime. But the new update seem to have also introduced other issues. :)

Also, one thing I've noticed. Not sure if it's because we have two theme folders or something else...Clover UI is very slow to show up with this setup. Probably checked for a lot of things before displaying the UI. But...it's kinda slow.

Update:

ok, now we have mouse and keyboard. But the icons are still huge.

screenshot0.thumb.png.a24cba7d2c7c1313746fa95c4573665c.png

Attached you have a bootlog. Hope that helps.

Update: I also tried with only Nightwish@2x in Clover/themes (so...I'm not sure we need both..)...and it works (as in no crashes or something). But also it makes no difference to the actual icon size. They're still huge.

bootlog.txt

Edited by arsradu
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, arsradu said:

...Clover UI is very slow to show up with this setup. Probably checked for a lot of things before displaying the UI. But...it's kinda slow.

Update:

ok, now we have mouse and keyboard. But the icons are still huge.

Attached you have a bootlog. Hope that helps.

Update: I also tried with only Nightwish@2x in Clover/themes (so...I'm not sure we need both..)...and it works (as in no crashes or something). But also it makes no difference to the actual icon size. They're still huge.

bootlog.txt

Oooh, I got it. ^_^ Actually, not an issue.. latest version of Nightwish* themes on repo I made them bigger (160px) for MainEntries.

Just try opening screenshot*.png using (for example) Photoshop.app, rename os_moja.icns => os_moja.png. Drag os_moja.png to screenshot.png, I'm sure they have same icons size. I can make it smaller on next update if you wish (?)

About "Clover UI is very slow to show up with this setup" do you mean with theme and theme@2x enabled? Thanks for reporting this, on repo however there's still no theme uses this config, so let's see what next.

Screenshot 29.png

29 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Oooh, I got it. ^_^ Actually, not an issue.. latest version of Nightwish* themes on repo I made them bigger (160px) for MainEntries.

Just try opening screenshot*.png using (for example) Photoshop.app, rename os_moja.icns => os_moja.png. Drag os_moja.png to screenshot.png, I'm sure they have same icons size. I can make it smaller on next update if you wish (?)

About "Clover UI is very slow to show up with this setup" do you mean with theme and theme@2x enabled? Thanks for reporting this, on repo however there's still no theme uses this config, so let's see what next.

Screenshot 29.png

I see... Well...something is weird. Cause...the keyboard does start to have lag with this theme. It's not unresponsive as I thought initially, but it does have lag... I'm not sure why.

It might be only a matter of taste, but I personally liked the initial icon size (not sure what that was, but you can see the difference in my previous screenshots) a little better. :) You are the artist here. It's your call. And some people might like it the "new way". So...don't do it for me. If you like it this way, then leave it like this. But I think I might switch back to the original version, since my personal preference would be towards that one.

There are actually other themes with "256" in the Clover repo. Not sure whose they are...or if they work.

But...I still don't know if I should be seeing any difference with Nightwish@2x.... Does the switch work...? Did the log help?

And yes, I mean with Nightwish@2x enabled (probably the regular one, as well, it takes a longer time, from the time my motherboard displays the logo, to the time it actually loads Clover GUI. In which time, it's only a black screen. This does not/did not happen with the initial version I've got.

Maybe the theme is heavier...maybe it's something else. I don't know. But I did notice a difference in performance.

Update:

Ok, so two themes and reboot, first time you boot, keyboard is really unresponsive. After a second reboot, it works.

As for the lag in loading...I'm still not sure what causes it...but now it seems to occur with the old theme, as well... Also, I had debug enabled before. So, that could have probably contributed to it, as well. But even after disabling it, it still seems a bit slow to load. Even the old one...

So, don't know what to say.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arsradu said:

I see... Well...something is weird. Cause...the keyboard does start to have lag with this theme. It's not unresponsive as I thought initially, but it does have lag... I'm not sure why.

Using different theme maybe, there're "Lightness, Greenify.." among others, these are small themes fyi.. try them if this issue is still same. Otherwise, not caused by choosen theme.

There are actually other themes with "256" in the Clover repo. Not sure whose they are...or if they work.

I'm sure it works just fine, as I have 60+ themes installed on my /EFI/CLOVER/themes folder and get no issue so far.

But they're separated themes, means using different value on config.plist - GUI - Themes or $ sudo nvram Clover.Theme="Theme Name". 

About your prev. setup with Nightwish@2x is also working on your mach I guess, log gives this:

Spoiler

2:550  0:004  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
2:624  0:074  Using theme 'Nightwish' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\Nightwish@2x)
2:625  0:001  OS main and drive as badge
2:627  0:001  Warning! Character width 11 should be even!
2:630  0:003  Loading font from ThemeDir: Success
2:632  0:001  Chosen theme Nightwish
.....  .....  ...

Maybe the theme is heavier...maybe it's something else. I don't know. But I did notice a difference in performance.

Nah, this one is bit hard to conclude.. could because different mach configs, *.efi drivers used, etc.

How if (temporarily for test purpose) disabling APFS.efi driver for example, or using Scan=true within config-GUI instead of Custom Entries, Mouse Enabled=false, specified language on GUI, etc. Fyi, I also don't use any value on Boot Graphics (not sure what this affects on my Legacy mach #LoL). 

Edited by Badruzeus

2 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Using different theme maybe, there're "Lightness, Greenify.." among others, these are small themes fyi.. try them if this issue is still same. Otherwise, not caused by choosen theme.

I'm sure it works just fine, as I have 60+ themes installed on my /EFI/CLOVER/themes folder and get no issue so far.

But they're separated themes, means using different value on config.plist - GUI - Themes or $ sudo nvram Clover.Theme="Theme Name". 

About your prev. setup with Nightwish@2x is also working on your mach I guess, log gives this:

Reveal hidden contents

2:550  0:004  === [ InitTheme ] =========================================
2:624  0:074  Using theme 'Nightwish' (EFI\CLOVER\themes\Nightwish@2x)
2:625  0:001  OS main and drive as badge
2:627  0:001  Warning! Character width 11 should be even!
2:630  0:003  Loading font from ThemeDir: Success
2:632  0:001  Chosen theme Nightwish
.....  .....  ...

Nah, this one is bit hard to conclude.. could because different mach configs, *.efi drivers used, etc.

How if (temporarily for test purpose) disabling APFS.efi driver for example, or using Scan=true within config-GUI instead of Custom Entries, Mouse Enabled=false, specified language on GUI, etc. Fyi, I also don't use any value on Boot Graphics (not sure what this affects on my Legacy mach #LoL). 

Yeah...it's most likely something on my rig. I tried the regular Nightwish (not the 256 variant) and it looks better. The icons are smaller and it just looks better. Not sure what the purpose is for these 256 themes. Aside from being confusing.

I mean, in my case, I would still choose the default theme instead of the 256 one.

• Thanks 1

Not sure what the purpose is for these 256 themes. Aside from being confusing.

I mean, in my case, I would still choose the default theme instead of the 256 one.

Well if you had a 4K or 5K resolution display. You may then want to see 256px or 512px icons, along with larger fonts etc.

Apianti’s choice of using SVG for Clover v3 will make this irrelevant in the future.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Well if you had a 4K or 5K resolution display. You may then want to see 256px or 512px icons, along with larger fonts etc.

Apianti’s choice of using SVG for Clover v3 will make this irrelevant in the future.

I see! I'm currently on a 2K display. So I guess I don't need 256 version (it looks way too big on my monitor, and now I understand why). And yeah, SVG icons would be awesome. :)

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 2

Well, I have these *.svg if anyone need them. Not all are in pixel perfect (some are generated with Illustrator tracing, from bitmap), but these are real editable vector (not embedded bitmap) as we could see xml values using text editor.

SVG-Icons-for-Clover-Theme.zip

SVG-Icons.png

#EDIT: ..and some of them are just my concept (os_grub, os_legacy, etc).

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 4