Clover Themes

Slice
1,842 posts in this topic

@cjdeng

Tell me, please, "8" is a Windows 8 or it is OSX 10.8? Or may be it is Ubuntu 8.04?

So sorry about the mess,and ''8''  definitely stands for windows 8 . Oh, there is something i forgot to say, that is i used the default wallpaper in the Operating System to fill the letter in the icns, the same way OS X Mavericks did. For example,  ''7''  stands for a windows 7, using the default wallpaper as the letter background :

win7-wallpaper-large.png

so ''8'' stands for windows 8,which i used the windows 8.1's default wallpaper  to fill the letter. every icns in my themes is made in the same way.

87.jpg

by the way, @slice, do you know the way how to make the bitmap font for clover theme? i try to make myself a bitmap font using the Helvetica Neue font for theme, but it looks so ugly. i do really want to konw the way to creat font for clover.

Matrix 16x16=256 characters, each of 16x16 pixels.

You may prepare a large image with some pixel painter and then scale the final image to required size.

See example in any clover theme. Yes, this is handicraft.

@cjdeng - Welcome and great job with your theme.  :thumbsup_anim:

The icons remind me of Enzo's Mavs theme for Chameleon which was also based on Apple's Mavericks icon.

RE: Fonts.

For starters, see here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=1866629

That's right, i have posted  Enzo's themes in my another post here 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293821-hey%EF%BC%8Cshare-a-very-cool-clover-theme-made-by-myself-hope-you-guys-love-it/

Again thanks the link for creating font. I am going to do that. :rolleyes:

Matrix 16x16=256 characters, each of 16x16 pixels.

You may prepare a large image with some pixel painter and then scale the final image to required size.

See example in any clover theme. Yes, this is handicraft.

Handcraft things will take much more time, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 11/25 for secure boot function icons.

attachicon.gifsecure.png

@Eps - I've just spotted your updated theme here - Nice work on the icons.

I'm in the process of optimising all themes that are currently in the Clover repo and therefore the package installer.

As your theme files here are newer than the ones if the repo, I have optimised them ready for updating in to the repository.

Can I ask for you to check the optimised files and get your approval before committing the theme?

The files, and information about the optimisation are at http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3166

Thanks

@Eps - I've just spotted your updated theme here - Nice work on the icons.

I'm in the process of optimising all themes that are currently in the Clover repo and therefore the package installer.

As your theme files here are newer than the ones if the repo, I have optimised them ready for updating in to the repository.

Can I ask for you to check the optimised files and get your approval before committing the theme?

The files, and information about the optimisation are at http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3166

Thanks

@blackosx, is it possible to  make clover to support much larger OS device icons like chameleon does. If clover can support any sizes of  images rather than 128px and 32px, it will be fun to create clover theme.

@blackosx, is it possible to  make clover to support much larger OS device icons like chameleon does. If clover can support any sizes of  images rather than 128px and 32px, it will be fun to create clover theme.

Hi CosmosCJ

I also would love to see larger image support.

Back in June I played with the code and discovered that it was possible to display larger OS device icons - see this post for a screenshot. However this was just an expermintal hack which I never followed it up and note Slice’s reply that some redesign would be required.

So to answer your question, yes it’s possible but not without a large amount of work by a talented dev and not me with my limited skill set.

Hi CosmosCJ

I also would love to see larger image support.

Back in June I played with the code and discovered that it was possible to display larger OS device icons - see this post for a screenshot. However this was just an expermintal hack which I never followed it up and note Slice’s reply that some redesign would be required.

So to answer your question, yes it’s possible but not without a large amount of work by a talented dev and not me with my limited skill set.

hi,thanks for the reply, i get your idea, i don't know any code stuff and i guess i can play with animation with clover themes which chameleon can not support when i get some time off. Just 128*128 is a little bit small, ha ha.

@CosmosCJ

Clover has added an option for Secure Boot recently. Could you add the icon to your theme?

Btw, I made an icon for Recovery HD base on your theme. Hope you'd like it:

attachicon.gifos_recovery.icns.zip

Preview:

attachicon.gifos_recovery.jpg

Of course, i can make it in a day, you will be see about that. And i made it , adding the security boot image, download link:

2ibdt75.png

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Where I can find tutorial how to rezise the icons in the themes? My ProBook has widescreen display 1366x768 and I have to rescale them for resolution 1024x768 (the BIOS VESA mode).

As resize the icons, it would be rather easy. Do you have the stretch apple logo when booting? If so, You should convert the icons to png first, then you should resize the width of  the pngs down to 75%, the height would be the same,100%.  which you can use an app, called "iresizer" , which can resize multiple pngs.

As resize the icons, it would be rather easy. Do you have the stretch apple logo when booting? If so, You should convert the icons to png first, then you should resize the width of  the pngs down to 75%, the height would be the same,100%.  which you can use an app, called "iresizer" , which can resize multiple pngs.

Yeah, exactly what I did. BTW here are some tips, very useful for terminal batch conversions:

1. It is quite easy to extract png from icns using this:

sips -s format png -Z 128 ./input.icns --out .output.png

sips is one of the hidden console tools, bundled with OS X. The Z (it's capital z) parameter determines the wanted size (in this case 128x128). Its value even may not be present as size in the icns file (ex. to make 500x500 png from 256x256 icns). There are more options described in its man page (man sips).

2. ImageMagick has proven itself to be very powerful console image processing suite. Here's what I've used to "squash" the images:

wsize=`identify -format "%w" input.png`; hsize=`identify -format "%h" input.png`; convert input.png -resize 75%x100 -background transparent -gravity center -extent $wsizex$hsize output.png

The resize parameter "squashes" the image by 75% width, while the height remains 100% and the extent parameter extends the canvas size to image's original size.

Imagine what these two can do in bash loop of type for i in *.png/icns...

Yeah, exactly what I did. BTW here are some tips, very useful for terminal batch conversions:

1. It is quite easy to extract png from icns using this:

sips -s format png -Z 128 ./input.icns --out .output.png

sips is one of the hidden console tools, bundled with OS X. The Z (it's capital z) parameter determines the wanted size (in this case 128x128). Its value even may not be present as size in the icns file (ex. to make 500x500 png from 256x256 icns). There are more options described in its man page (man sips).

2. ImageMagick has proven itself to be very powerful console image processing suite. Here's what I've used to "squash" the images:

wsize=`identify -format "%w" input.png`; hsize=`identify -format "%h" input.png`; convert input.png -resize 75%x100 -background transparent -gravity center -extent $wsizex$hsize output.png

The resize parameter "squashes" the image by 75% width, while the height remains 100% and the extent parameter extends the canvas size to image's original size.

Imagine what these two can do in bash loop of type for i in *.png/icns...

wow, really helpful, tks,buddy

• 2 weeks later...
Well done chris111. It’s good to see another contributor to Clover themes   :)

When you’ve completed it, the easiest way to get it seen is to add it to the ‘Theme database’ page of the Clover wiki

With regards to adding it to the installer, that may not be an option as there has been discussion of maybe removing themes from the installer, hosting them in a different repo and creating a new separate installer/app/pref pane. The main benefits of this approach will be to keep the Clover code repo smaller so it’s quicker to checkout and maintain, and also with the themes in their own repo, it would be quicker for the theme designers to update their themes without needing access to the Clover repo.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

When you’ve completed it, the easiest way to get it seen is to add it to the ‘Theme database’ page of the Clover wiki

With regards to adding it to the installer, that may not be an option as there has been discussion of maybe removing themes from the installer, hosting them in a different repo and creating a new separate installer/app/pref pane. The main benefits of this approach will be to keep the Clover code repo smaller so it’s quicker to checkout and maintain, and also with the themes in their own repo, it would be quicker for the theme designers to update their themes without needing access to the Clover repo.

Keep up the good work.

@blackosx, how can i add my theme to theme database? since i don't touch  webs thing often, geting no idea how to do that.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much for your résponsse ! 

I understand that the installer must be  remain as  small as he can  B)
So I ask the same question CosmosCJ, how to add my themes in the Data Base When is completely finish ?
Thanks again   :)

The Clover wiki uses the markdown syntax for formatting. If you're not sure how to use markdown then google for instructions, or see here some examples.

If you have a completed set of theme files them you will need to compress it and host somewhere so you get a download link. You will also want to create a thumbnail image of the theme and get a link for that too. One example would be using a dropbox.

Then go to the ‘Theme database’ page of the wiki and click the Edit button. Anybody can edit it, but you will need to authenticate using one of currently three services. This allows the wiki software to track who changed what and allows any changes to be reverted incase somebody messes it up. If for some reason you need to authenticate using a different service then please request so here

Once at the Edit page, make a quick copy of the existing text in a text editor (well I do just incase I mess it up), then make your changes, using the preview option to make sure you have it right. Once complete, click submit.

EDIT tonight==   Thank you blackosx  My theme is on DataBase  :thumbsup_anim:  :D

Thank you blackosx  :D  My theme is almost finish , tonight is done and I follow your instructions  ;)

this is what he like now ! with new the new icon 

178.png
248.png
421.png
334.png

screen10.jpg

screen11.jpg

screen39.jpg

Download here  guys if you whant