Dell Precision 690 Post Install Help

22 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Precision 690 that I have got 10.8.2 installed on. I am having issues with getting my network card set as built in, I also need some help with making sure my GPU is being detected properly, and I need a some help making a DSDT or setting the correct patches, as well as getting my SAS drive to show as internal or hidden it currently looks like a yellow external with a white rectangle with several lines coming out of it and my windows buttons on my keyboard do not work as the command button.

Graphics card is a ASUS HD6670

I am using the BCM5722d.kext to get my nic working

modified AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext to get my SAS controller working

keyboard is a Logitech G110

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Credits</key>
<string>Created with Champlist</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1440x900x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f npci=0x3000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600041c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
</dict>
</plist>

smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/29/08</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK941S0LXYL</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hey Rampage thanks here are the files below well in a zip as i am not allowed to upload a dsdt. I am not sure if I did the ioreg properly i ran it from a shell outputting it to a txt file. if you would like it done differently let me know how to do it. Thanks

dsdt_ireg.zip

Figured out keyboard issue it was stuck in game mode which disables the windows keys. Also here is a picture of the drive icon i was talking of.

Back trace what kext that uses and then post it here. I have to mod the kext. Please list the full model name and BIOS version that is on the SAS card.

Also for IOreg:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/guides/how-to-use-ioreg/

the SAS controller is a

LSI 1068 SAS/SATA 3.0Gb/s controller. I am attaching a photo as it contains more

information. I am also attaching the kext that i use for it as well as it has already been modified. Not sure if it is easier to fix that or just make a new one.

AppleLSIFusionMPT.kext.zip

Michael’s Mac Pro.ioreg.txt

post-1154487-0-30412200-1369230516_thumb.jpg

thank you rampage does this also include the built in ethernet??

Yes as a boot sting. Your NCI does not support the DSDT edit for it.

Test this extra folder and then report back with a new IOreg. Thanks.

Hey Rampage here is the new ioreg. NIC still not showing as built in. Had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot without it just had black screen. NIC shows as built in using the network utility during install any ideas.

Also noticed that sound is gone and everything is kind of laggy when opening things like safari the animation takes 2-3 seconds before the page is open

Michael’s Mac Pro.ioreg.txt

Hey Rampage here is the new ioreg. NIC still not showing as built in. Had to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot without it just had black screen. NIC shows as built in using the network utility during install any ideas.

Is SAS showing as internal?

Hey Rampage I am having a devil of a time figuring out what framebuffer is used i realy dont know how to start and figure it out properly. I have found tons of different things regarding it and not realy any helped. I did find a modified kext for my GPU have yet to have success with it though.

ATI6000Controller with modified personality for ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5

Need DSDT.

In org.chameleon.Boot, add AtiConfig=Pithecia GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Going to try and reinstall everything with the modified kext you sent me for the sas drivers and use that ati6000controller kext and hope for the best might get a little further along. Still have issue with the nic not showing up as internal any ideas as to where to go next for that.