Hi.

I've tryed an Ideneb 1.4 install on a :

P4P800, I4 3Ghz

GPU: geforce 6600

2 x 1Gb ram (on 1st and 3rd slot)

primary IDE: master with 2 primary partitions (XP and MAC), + slave hd

secondary IDE: master CDrom, slave DVDrom

Soundblaster audigy platinum

The installation was ok, only, after boot, I got the bootloader, the gray apple and nothing else (no spinning wheel).

If I go with -v i just see a very fast series of lines, then a black screen, with nothing. So it is difficult to google for

help, neither i can post here something to let you help me better. I tried "black screen hackintosh bla bla" but I found only some hints like trying with "-x " and "-s". same result.

I have tried also with kalyway, niresh etc etc, changing many settings in the "options" install page. Same.

Any hint is really appreciated.

Ciao

(Imac 27 + MacBook Air)

Edited by eberardo pasquili-ausbergi

Hi.

I post here the working setup for the above h/w config:

in "options" I selected:

X11

ACPI KEXT 10.5.6

PS2Fix keyboard

CREATIVE DRIVERS

chipset: ICHX FIX

KERNELS 9.2.2 (not Voodoo, that causes kernel panic to me).

Network: SKGE MARVEL

AppleSMBIOS 800 (if you have ram = 800 Hz)

NCVINJECT 256

---

It works like charm, but Creative has only output, no input. If I install KX drivers as in http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.6

then the audio driver disappears.

USB not working. I checked this page http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/95789-solving-usb-problems-usb-devices-do-not-mount/

and as far as I understand, I did everything right but still no luck.

Any hint?

Ciao

USB working. Just removed

ACPI KEXT 10.5.6 and

PS2Fix keyboard in the install, and removed usb2.0 support in the Bios. I suspect the latter does not matter,

but who knows. This is very experimental, I just tried several install until I managed to find a working one. Too bad I don't really understand what I am doing

:(

Does anybody want to help me with the last problem? Creative Audigy Platinum stop working if I install the KXdrivers.

KXAudioDriver.kext is in the right (?) place with right attributes as far as I see, but the PCI card has vanished from the sound panel.

Who can help me?

E

Yes, you are right! Apparently I misread the compatibility table, and now I think that leopard is not supported with 1.11 driver version. I put back the 1.3b version and it works, only, it is very lame since there is no midi or input support. Now this is a big problem because I would like to use it.

Do you think I can upgrade to snow leopard without much effort? Can you suggest me a SL distribution that I can try and take advantage of the "knowledge" (so to say) that I got with the 100sh installs that I did with ideneb 1.4? Thank you.

E

• 2 weeks later...