New Nvidia Retail Driver Install Solution

Rampage Dev

94 posts in this topic

Hello!

I have read my suggestiion in ponit of adding the system ID in the Asus G73SW thread. I have tried to install with 10 9.3 with the clover install method. I always have gotten a black screen. Sleep trick did not work, wakeup again with black screen. This I have tried to install with the SMBios of MBP 8,3, a model with AMD Gfx.

Then I have tried an chameleon install of 10 9.3 with adding the systemboard ID in the info.plist of AppleGraphicsDeviicePolicy.kext. Then all went fine, without the black screen issue.

For myself it looks like, that Apple has included the GFX handling of nVidia in the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to get managed only by nVidia drivers.

All none nVida Apple devices seem to be banned from nVidia gfx support with 10 9.3. With none Nvidia models the corresponding drivers get  not dedected, except one is adding the systemboard ID to the above mentioned info plist. Without that, one get black screen because of not correct loaded nVidia drivers at boot time.

You should have a look after updating to 10 9.3 in IORegestryExplorer at the end of the nVidia gfx part. There is a new entry NVDC, corresponding the AppleGraphicsDeviceControlClient. If you see there red canceled lines you need to install a LegacyAGPM.kext with your systemboard and gfxcard ID and the other usual entries to get your card fully working.

Have fun.

do i have to edit the nvidia driver to install it. i have downloaded the latest driver from nvidia site

this is the version "WebDriver-334.01.01f01" and i have Mavericks 10.9.3 but the nvidia installer says it

doesnt support my system. Any idea thanks

ok i forgot i dont have a bootloader installed :lol: last time i tried, chameleon bootloader screwed my system

so i dont want to mess my working hackintosh i am booting my system from a clover usb drive

last thing can i install clover on my main HDD

Sorry for this but i am new to hackintosh thanks

do i have to edit the nvidia driver to install it. i have downloaded the latest driver from nvidia site

this is the version "WebDriver-334.01.01f01" and i have Mavericks 10.9.3 but the nvidia installer says it

doesnt support my system. Any idea thanks

Change your model to something like macpro3,1 then install. Revert it after
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm back here with the same issue (Blank screen probleme).

I've updated to OSX 10.9.4, installed new Nvidia drivers and Cuda, and it was fine.

But if I change something into the system, like enabling SSD Trim or installing audio kext, the issue is back again and I've got to boot with nv_disable=1.

I've already tried to uninstall and re install web drivers but the issue is still here....

any idea ?

• 1 month later...

Hi Rampage 

I am using the clover setup and the GTX650 runs on the native drivers. My smbios is 14,2 imac would I be able to run the web drivers? I currently have an issue with XBMC crashing and it is linked with nvidiaOpengl .

Many Thanks 

Tom

Forgot OS is 10.9.4

Hi,

I'm back here with the same issue (Blank screen probleme).

I've updated to OSX 10.9.4, installed new Nvidia drivers and Cuda, and it was fine.

But if I change something into the system, like enabling SSD Trim or installing audio kext, the issue is back again and I've got to boot with nv_disable=1.

I've already tried to uninstall and re install web drivers but the issue is still here....

any idea ?

Hi again, 

So anyone got a solution or an idea for my issue ?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/17/2013 at 1:03 AM, Rampage Dev said:

New Nvidia Retail Driver Install Solution

Posted on May 16, 2013by rampagedev

about:

New Nvidia Retail drivers have been released today. It introduces a new Preference Pane under System Preferences that allows you to enable the Nvidia Web Driver or OS X Default Driver The new drivers require information to be written to the NVram. Without this you will not be able to Meklort, who developed the NVram Module that we currently use, assisted me in understanding why the NVram information showed up on some systems and not others. If you are using my Recovery Partition And Enable All Features Of iCloud and iMessages fix you must remove nvram.log from /var/log/ before you can begin.

If you plan to enable ECC, for a Nvidia card that support this feature, you must add the slot identification edit in your DSDT or the option to enable ECC on that card will not be available.

Accreditation:

Meklort for NVram Module and boot.plist Flag

Originally posted here

Guide:

Part 1: Install

1. Download Mac OS X Driver Release 313.01.01 here

2. Install the drivers

3. Install the latest Bootloader found here

4. In your Extra folder if not present already create a folder called modules:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-36-58-pm.pn

5. From i386/modules folder copy FileNVRAM.dylib into Extra/modules:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-37-31-pm.pn

6. Continue to Part 2

Part 2: Fusion Drive Installs or Systems Without FileNVRAM

1. In your Extra folder open org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-39-15-pm.pn

2. Under Kernel Flags add nvda_drv=1:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-41-25-pm.pn

3. Continue to Part 3

Part 3: Enabling

1. Go to System Preferences:

screen-shot-2012-11-23-at-7-45-43-pm.png

2. Go to Nvidia Driver Manager:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-43-46-pm.pn

3. In the Preference Pane change the settings to match the following:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-45-11-pm.pn

4. Restart

5. The new kexts should now be loaded:

screen-shot-2013-05-15-at-10-47-27-pm.pn

6. If you are using my Recovery Partition And Enable All Features Of iCloud and iMessages fix please redo Parts 4-7 here

Hi,
Sierra web drivers are not working which these settings, have you guys tried to find any solution for Sierra?

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 4.17.18 PM.png

Edited by Mtkhan

1 minute ago, Hervé said:

And just why woudn't you use the regular Wen Driver that fits your Sierra version???

Apologies, I was replying to the main topic. I used the regular drivers and also tried many configurations to make it work but no luck yet.

Edited by Mtkhan

I have seen this topic earlier but I'm not sure where to enter that code, I'm not familiar with compiling etc. Can you please guide me here?

Are these terminal commands?

image.thumb.png.a2f5f4e81c79dc0fe745182bfa424867.png

Edited by Mtkhan

Yes, it doesn't get the driver to load. Though I was able to get all web drivers working fine in previous build till ElCapitan with out adding these settings and web driver just work fine. But since I installed Sierra it doesn't get to load the web driver whatever I try.

Today I have just fresh install sierra on my HP Z400 and tried to follow all steps on available guides online but still no luck. Please guide me here any possibility to make the nvidia drivers workable on sierra? I really need it for my work. I also tried clover but in clover when I install driver all graphics get wrong and screen elements start flickering so I searched online and tried Lilu and nvidiafix kexts but non of them work either. Graphics works fine with out web drivers but it definitely won't give any cuda acceleration. Anyone please guide me here, appreciate your help!

Edited by Mtkhan