no Device-ID for Tp-Link TL-WDR4300 on Asus P6T-SE and 10.7.2

Multisaft

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I need some advice. I'm running a Mac Pro Core i7 on an Asus P6T-SE with Lion 10.7.2 installed (took me a long time 2 years ago and I don't know if it is safe to update to 10.7.4 with the kexts and chameleon I'm using).

Yesterday I've bought a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 PCIE Wlan card as it is known to work out of the box under 10.7.x. I've installed it yesterday in the upmost pcie slot and it does not work.

The card is not recogniced in system information nor is it listed with a device-id information program (dunno the exact name of the program which I've used yesterday). Until now I was not able to get into the BIOS to check out if the card is recognised in there, because no usb keyboard at hand :-/. But this can be solved tonight, I've organised one. In addition I can post my kexts and chameleon build within the next days.

What I've found out: The gtx 260 which I use in the first x16 slot is working with x8 lanes when the TP-Link card is installed in one of the other pcie slots. Therefore I don't belief that it is a hardware problem.

Can anyone give me some advice? Do you need more information about my build to help me? Ask what and I will try to provide you with the nesc. infos.

greetings from germany

hi iFire thanks for your help,

but as i've written above: I've done that and the card is not even found in the devide list (but I will give it another try in 5h when I'm back home).

can you give me some advice if it is safe for me to update to 10.7.4 with the kexts i'm using in my extras folder (i will post the details tonight, too).

ok back home

kexts in my extra folder: AHCIPortInjector, AppleHDA, FakeSMC, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, IOAudioFamily, Patched_10.7_Apple_RTC (for my NIC).

System Info 0.4 does not list any wlan card, the kext IO80211 is not loaded from my system/library/extensions folder which should be used for the Atheos 21/40 chipset drivers installedon the WDN4800 card.

I'm trying to find out how to look up all the devices in the bios.

btw. i'm usind a DSDT.aml from the original asus p6t-se topic that explains how to install 10.7.x

chameleon version v2.1 svn r1841

its not a problem with kexts, if system info not detect your hardware, this is a problem with config in your bios or bad hardware, test it in WIN or with boot cd Linux and look if the system detect your hardware

EDIT. in Linux open Terminal app and type : lspci -nn

look if your hardware is present

• Like 1

made it:

put the gtx 260 into the 2nd pcie x16 slot to use the native x1 slot between the first and 2nd x16 slot. works out of the box! nice one.

now that I'm in the mood: can someone help me with the update to 10.7.4. is it safe for me with the information given above to update to 10.7.4 from 10.7.2 ?

if you want make a secure update, clone your hard disk with carbon copy cloner and install the Combo Update 10.7.4 in the clone first , but not reboot again, open app Kext Wizard and repair permissions in the clone, then reboot, if all is ok then install to your disk, not use software update by Apple,