new nvidia driver 313.01.01f03 and cuda 5.0.59

ktzyeah

31 posts in this topic

I've deleted the Driver Manager prefpane now. The only function that works is the update check so it's no use for me. ECC is only supported by one card and driver switching doesn't work. nvda_drv=1 in my chameleon boot plist forces the nvidia driver to load and if I want to switch back to the Apple one I can just type nvda_drv=0 at the Chameleon prompt.

One thing I've noticed is my card reports 1MB less VRAM with the nvidia driver (4095 vs 4096 with the Apple driver). I see Gringo's card is doing the same.

I've deleted the Driver Manager prefpane now. The only function that works is the update check so it's no use for me. ECC is only supported by one card and driver switching doesn't work. nvda_drv=1 in my chameleon boot plist forces the nvidia driver to load and if I want to switch back to the Apple one I can just type nvda_drv=0 at the Chameleon prompt.

One thing I've noticed is my card reports 1MB less VRAM with the nvidia driver (4095 vs 4096 with the Apple driver). I see Gringo's card is doing the same.

Strange about the ram... cosmetic issue in a value in the driver perhaps?

Also there are a lot more then 1 card that supports ECC functionality on the GPUs.

Could be. It's not a big deal, just an observation. It's actually been a while since I used nvidia drivers over the Apple ones.

On the ECC front, I was mainly going by the info on the nvidia page which said that only the K5000 was supported. From what I can gather the Quadros have ECC memory but not the consumer cards.

i tried various 1080p videos with vlc, xbmc and from vimeo: no signs of channel exceptions here!

The freezee I´m getting seems only happen with apple related programs, if I use safari to see a video in apple web site or in youtube = Freezee and if I try open a file with Quick time = freezee

I can view youtube or any other video with Chrome or Firefox, and for view video files vlc or BlueRay Player no freezee at all.

I tried a few Games, OpenGL Extension viewer, Unigine Heaven and No freeze too, I will keep making some testing.

Good Luck

EDIT: Fix it!!!, change smbios to Mac Pro and all is working, now I can test this drivers to find if the Fermi Freezee is also fixed.

Some one knows how this profile match works??? I mean how this profile match is validated and inside which files???

Thankss!!!

Could be. It's not a big deal, just an observation. It's actually been a while since I used nvidia drivers over the Apple ones.

On the ECC front, I was mainly going by the info on the nvidia page which said that only the K5000 was supported. From what I can gather the Quadros have ECC memory but not the consumer cards.

Tesla cards as well. They may have locked other cards but I have a feeling this can be hacked... if we can get a NVram dump with ECC enabled we could see what could be done.

• 2 weeks later...

These web drivers totally SUCK for my GTX 5xx Firmi cards. They drop Luxmark 2.0 OpenCL performance by a whopping 35%!!!!!! GTX 580 Classified 3GB drops from 1430 to 1050. GTX 570 HD 2.5GB drops from 1101 to 844. I switched back immediately. I wonder if 6xx Kelper users are seeing a performance increase or decrease? I also wonder if this is nVidia trying to cripple/throttle the 5xx cards to sell new ones. I guess the next update will give more insight about that.

It was the "OpenCL reporting error". Luxmark shows 16 & 15 compute units with the web driver and 60 & 64 compute units with the stock driver.

Thanks to Rampage Dev for reminding me of that bug.

post-1018042-0-90336000-1369606906_thumb.png

post-1018042-0-05783200-1369606912_thumb.png

post-1018042-0-77451400-1369606917_thumb.png

post-1018042-0-21617500-1369606924_thumb.png

post-1018042-0-58149900-1369606930_thumb.png

post-1018042-0-80541200-1369606936_thumb.png