Ati Mobility Radeon x1300 QE/Ci Lion Guide

alabamas

26 posts in this topic

OK, thanks for the help. I didn't see your post before I just took the initiative and started over. I did that because it seemed reasonable that you would want to start with clean files. I'll let you know everything I did since I last posted....

-I followed the tutorial outlined in the following post...

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1392-how-to-mac-os-x-snow-leopard-on-dell-inspiron-e15056400/

--exception: since my particular model doesn't have intel video, I skipped the steps referring to deleting the old Intel drivers and installing the new ones. This is my preferred method because of all the ones I tried this is the only one I could get to get SL successfully on my machine at all. All the others took me into problems I didn't have the knowledge to solve.

Once installed and updated to 10.6.8, I ran a time machine backup

I took clean versions from my S/L/E of all the files you included in the archive you posted, with the exception of EVOenabler.kext which I couldn't find in that folder. I am attaching these clean files.

I then read your post, so I went ahead and tried them. Using kext utility 2.5.1, I installed the kexts you attached. I repaired permissions on the drive and rebooted.

Unfortunately, I got my usual result which is just stuck at 1024x768 with no other options to choose from. (The kernel panic I got before was exciting because it was the only time in now two weeks of trying to get this to work that I got something different than the stuck at 1024x768 result)

So, I tried to restore using Time Machine, but apparently there is no restore function, just the files on the jump drive I backed up to...which I guess I can live with.

So, that's everything I did since I last posted. As mentioned, here are the "clean" files I was able to obtain.

cleanmaybe.zip