I would highly suggest you to make a clean install.or extract the files from iatkos dvd and post them here.The one you linked are just modified files from 10.6.7
Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:56 PM
Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:00 PM
There we go. For whatever reason I guess this site doesn't like the 7zip format. Here it is in a zip
all right. give me a little bit on this one.
Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:08 PM
Let's make a first attempt.But it would be better if the were clean files.
Install them and tell me.
Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:28 PM
Well, before I give it a shot...
I think what you're asking me is to make a fresh install of OSX, update it, and then dig the ATI files out of the S/L/E folder and post them here. If you think that's the best chance of success I have absolutely no problems doing that and I'm happy to oblige.
Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:41 PM
try this ones here than if that doesn't work you make a clean install
Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:47 PM
OK, thanks for the help. I didn't see your post before I just took the initiative and started over. I did that because it seemed reasonable that you would want to start with clean files. I'll let you know everything I did since I last posted....
-I followed the tutorial outlined in the following post...
--exception: since my particular model doesn't have intel video, I skipped the steps referring to deleting the old Intel drivers and installing the new ones. This is my preferred method because of all the ones I tried this is the only one I could get to get SL successfully on my machine at all. All the others took me into problems I didn't have the knowledge to solve.
Once installed and updated to 10.6.8, I ran a time machine backup
I took clean versions from my S/L/E of all the files you included in the archive you posted, with the exception of EVOenabler.kext which I couldn't find in that folder. I am attaching these clean files.
I then read your post, so I went ahead and tried them. Using kext utility 2.5.1, I installed the kexts you attached. I repaired permissions on the drive and rebooted.
Unfortunately, I got my usual result which is just stuck at 1024x768 with no other options to choose from. (The kernel panic I got before was exciting because it was the only time in now two weeks of trying to get this to work that I got something different than the stuck at 1024x768 result)
So, I tried to restore using Time Machine, but apparently there is no restore function, just the files on the jump drive I backed up to...which I guess I can live with.
So, that's everything I did since I last posted. As mentioned, here are the "clean" files I was able to obtain.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users