HP Pavilion dv7 4087cl - compiler errors

TheRacerMaster

4 posts in this topic

Hello members of InsanelyMac,

I've been trying for a while now to try to edit my DSDT to fix certain issues in OS X on my laptop, such as properly recognizing the graphics card and other patches, but I always get compile errors. I'm not really sure how to fix these errors. Can someone simply fix the errors in my DSDT (I think I can do the graphics patching)?

Here is my unedited DSDT extracted in Windows using DSDT Editor.

- RM

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Please attach files locally, don't use external file hosting services. Use the full editor to attach files. Thank you.

Hi, here is the fixed version. However, I don't know if the modifications will cause any trouble. Here is a list of the problematic lines in the modified DSDT which probably need a deeper look the ACPI specification / the DSDT itself:

[3045, 4633, 5466], 11012, [12618, 12641, 12775] (somehow connected to the CPU temperature).

Additional modification:

- 12405: Mask system as Windows 2001 SP2

$ iasl DSDT.dsl

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20130418-32 [Apr 18 2013]

Copyright © 2000 - 2013 Intel Corporation

ASL Input: DSDT.dsl - 13953 lines, 519933 bytes, 7653 keywords

AML Output: dsdt.aml - 62765 bytes, 1160 named objects, 6493 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 59 Optimizations

DSDT.zip

• Like 2

hello

man i think only one thing.. u can not post a file with u dsdt.dsl ?

and u want help ?

man is over the net.. hp is not the best machine to do a hack ... lapic_kernel...

but if u want any help minimum ... u give a file with dsdt.dsl or a clean dsdt....

anyway i only say this because u are not a noob... but

good hack

Hi, here is the fixed version. However, I don't know if the modifications will cause any trouble. Here is a list of the problematic lines in the modified DSDT which probably need a deeper look the ACPI specification / the DSDT itself:

[3045, 4633, 5466], 11012, [12618, 12641, 12775] (somehow connected to the CPU temperature).

Additional modification:

- 12405: Mask system as Windows 2001 SP2

Thanks for that. I think I can do the patches for graphics now.