Sleep problem with hackintosh

Ckane

60 posts in this topic

The funny fact is that you described your problem in vague ways ("sleep problem") but didn't give any further elaboration. Now you're talking about flashing the BIOS. Well, that's an approach!

First of all, which is the problem exactly? Doesn't it sleep? Sleeps but wakes a few hours-minutes-immediately after? Appears to sleep but shuts down instead? ...?

Did you try basic steps like opening the Terminal and entering pmset -g assertions to see what's possibly causing the issue?

• Like 1

The modified BIOS allows native power management (and therefore sleep) to work on most socket 1155 boards booting in UEFI mode. FAQ.

Also see this topic: http://www.insanelym...tching-utility/

There are other ways to do it but this is he most convenient way IMHO as you don't have to worry about it again once it's patched in the BIOS.

The DSDT that will enable sleep for him is made for bios 1708 that's why.

Yes I know. So will the newer bios from http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/about/ - that's why i posted the link in the first place.

Ckane: You need to study, half of this thread is you not understanding the help and directions you're given.

Start by reading your motherboard manual and get to know your hardware.

• Like 2

hello

gringo he knows.. if the user don't know how to do a simple bios update.. it must read..

hack mac os x is not simple...

mac os x is for mac.. and developed only for mac hardware...

hack mac os x is 99 % of reading, googling and persistency... and 1 % of luck u hardware be compatible...

install a OS like windows ... in a toaster is simple .. only need the toaster have a dvd drive.. mac os x is not that...

good hack

• Like 3

What happens is it will go to the screensaver after awhile it will kill my USB mouse and keyboard need to power down using the button fans still run also I noticed my DVD drive blinks before it goes dead as well

Goes black then kills everything after awhile sorry

Yes this is a power management issue, you need to get native power management working. Follow the suggestions given to you in this thread, read, assimilate and learn, that's how it works.

The reason why it dies after the screensaver has been running for a while is that it's entering sleep mode (and failing) at that point.

You can disable this in the Energy Saver control panel under System Preferences. Or you can try to fix it.

Ok Rogiervd this is what I have that you said to do.....

upgrade the bios to 1708 using the one off the asus site (64 bit)

loaded the defaults using F5

set it to AHCI and reloaded my settings

Powered back up and Got back into ML no problem

downloaded the DSDT you posted

Placed the DSDT into the extra folder

do I do anything else or do I just let my computer go to the screensaver and wait to see what happens