[SOLVED][No sleep] Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 + Sapphire Radeon HD7850 2GB OC

sleep asus hd7XXX p8z68-v

Best Answer pfilipp, 16 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

I just don't get it.
I reinstalled everything from scratch and now everything works... I can run MacBookPro8,3 definition and I've got both sleep and fully working PM. No freezes, even bt works. Only issue is USB3.0 but I don't really care about it :P
So again reinstallation solved all the problems. - to be honest probably trying to solve previous problems I made the ones I posted about above.
I've got one more question on another topic:
Did anyone try to install UEFI Windows 8 and OSX on the HDD? I failed trying to. It seems like GPT OSX uses is different GPT than Microsoft implemented. I partitioned my drive under Microsoft installator and OSX was unable to change anything in partition table. - Disk Utility just kept on sayin"Preparing to partition drive" or sth like that. Trying the same in opposite direction - partitioning under OSX and then installing Win8 cause Windows installator to claim that disk has MBR partition table... As far as I remember OSX use hybrid MBR/GPT and Windows is not really happy about that.

Thank you all for participation in this topic :)

PS. @k3nny I decided not to patch my vbios - my mobo doesnt have fast but and besides I usually will use sleep rather than shutdown so FBrotate shouldn't annoy me. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
Got Win8 and ML on an SSD and this is the partition layout from Windows' diskpart:

DISKPART> lis par

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 System 200 MB 1024 KB
Partition 2 Reserved 128 MB 201 MB
Partition 3 Primary 42 GB 330 MB
Partition 4 Primary 76 GB 42 GB

That's the procedure I used a while ago:

1. Booted a FAT32 Win8 thumb drive via UEFI and manually partitioned the disk using cmd (Shift+F10 to open it).
1.1 diskpart, lis dis, sel dis <#>, clean, format gpt, create partition efi size=200, format quick fs=fat32, create partition msr size=128
(theoretically other sizes will work but Mac will complain later if efi is not exactly (or smaller than?) 200mb; also Win8 won't create any additional recovery partition this way).
1.2 Used the Win8 installation manager to create two NTFS partitions: One for Win8, the other for later Mac use.
2. Booted a dual partition Mac thumb drive with UEFI Clover on it.
2.1 Used Disk Utility to erase the second NTFS partition as HFS+ and used it for installation.

In case you need to restore the Win8 bootloader, you can use:
"bcdboot.exe c:\windows /s s: /f UEFI"
where c: is the win8- and s: the efi partition

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Thx I will give it a try when I screw something up on my actual system - I don't want to reinstall everything again if I don't have to...

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
@k3nny: Thx a lot I've made fresh OSX and Win8 install on my Laptop - Asus U36SD - and used your mini-guide to install both systems in UEFI mode, everything works fine. :)
Thanks a lot!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sleep, asus, hd7XXX, p8z68-v

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy