Problem with GT230M on a 10.8.2 HP Laptop

minus_13

8 posts in this topic

Hello there.

I have installed the 10.8.2 on my HP DV6-2190 laptop which has a dedicated GT230M (G92 Core) Graphics card with no issues.

But however when I want to boot into it the booting gets stuck at something like that it has identified my ethernet adapter and wont go further. (I'm using the chameleons GraphicsEnabler=Yes option.)

But after some playing with kexts after I removed the NVDAResman kext it booted and I was able to get into the system but actually with 1024x768 resolution (my native is 1366x768) and without acceleration and QE/CI as expected ( I have removed the resolution manager. right? ).

After putting the NVDAResman back it again freezes and seems like it's causing the problem.

But very interesting it is right and fully working with Lion 10.7.2.

As an experiment i put back the NVDAResman of Lion which I had as an backup but I kept getting link failed errors from the NVDANV50Hal kext.

It is really strange because others have reported this card to be working and it won't on mine.

Do you guys have any idea about this thing? Just say and I will test anything to get it working.

Thx for your reply. But I have already did that and the results are that I said in the OP.

Only graphics kexts now I have on my S/L/E are:

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDAGK100HAL.kext

NVDAGF100HAL.kext

You mean that I should move other nvidia drivers as well ?

Thx for your reply. But I have already did that and the results are that I said in the OP.

Only graphics kexts now I have on my S/L/E are:

GeForce.kext

GeForceGA.plugin

GeForceGLDriver.bundle

GeForceVADriver.bundle

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDAGK100HAL.kext

NVDAGF100HAL.kext

You mean that I should move other nvidia drivers as well ?

I don´t think it will fix it but you can always try. You can see which kext are loaded by typing kextstat in terminal and delete the ones that aren´t loaded

I don´t think it will fix it but you can always try. You can see which kext are loaded by typing kextstat in terminal and delete the ones that aren´t loaded

I have tried with no success. So any other ways I can overcome this issue? Why the Lion kexts won't work on ML?

I downloaded and tested the EFI Studio but seems that makes no difference. I tried to inject my NVCAP and other things into NVEnabler and it didn't work too. I tried DSDT patching too but it had many problems with my MB and CPU and caused PCI kernel panics so I tried to remove it and search for another way to solve it.

I even noticed that Apple released 10.8.4 preview for devs and it has graphics driver improvements and got the build and upgraded my OS to 10.8.4 but it didn't solve it either. but I managed to boot without NVDAResman again. so I think it most be a problem with my Graphics Card that is acting very strange.. :((

Ok finally I managed to boot with NVDAResman being in place and acceleration enabled with QE/CI ( I get animation very good in the Dashboard, etc. ) with adding some EFI string. Really strange...

I must confess that this used to happen in my early installations of ML on this system but too rare. I mean it booted once and when I rebooted with the same EXACT settings it didn't boot and after some reboots ( randomly ) booted. It is too strange but I don't know if it will boot up when I reboot this or no, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT:

So finally I got it working. After two reboots and more this boots very good and I get smooth animations and QE/CI is enabled. I think I should welcome myself to the community. I'm happy because I've been on this for MORE than a MONTH or TWO and that is so much trying and failing but after all succeeding. I tried too many ways ( more than 20-30 things ) and replaced so many kexts ( a lot of them ).

I will write a post dedicated to this issue and try to help other's that are having this strange issue because I saw so many people having this issue but they couldn't solve it.

Briefly this was the guide which helped me :

http://www.insanelym...b-ddr3-working/ ( Thanks to the Hackintosh2000 who wrote that guide. )

I only changed a thing in the tutorial it was that the NVCAP value was incorrect on that tutorial and that was causing me not to be able to boot. I just selected VGA / DVI-I instead of DVI-I / VGA and that solved.

For others to be able to solve the issue: