Possible to modify a DSDT.aml ..?

jerome2013

10 posts in this topic

Question ...

Is it possible to edit/modify a dsdt.aml ..?

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3689

The main goal is to edit the strings from the HP Pavilion G6-2163SR dsdt.aml to an HP Pavilion G6-2052SD dsdt.aml

Is this possible ..? can someone give me some pointers if this is possible many thanks ...

HP Pavilion G6 2052SD

AMD A6-4400M

AMD 7520G

Insyde BIOS

If you can, it's always better to use your own extracted dsdt, but answering your question: aml is just a code format standard so you should be able to edit it and use in your hardware if you know how to do it, but i think extracting your own dsdt.aml is faster and better, since you maybe not has the same hardware and bios version although they are very similar models. Tip: dsdt is some kind of tabu, but i encourage you to research and learn all you can of it, it's a good learning. I'm still learning, and i can say its not that hard. :)

ok thanks for your response ... i research more about it ... the problem is i can't get the ethernet and the gpu up and running ... with my hackintosh...

• Like 2

ok thanks for your response ... i research more about it ... the problem is i can't get the ethernet and the gpu up and running ... with my hackintosh...

Then i suggest you to use an Ubuntu Live-CD/USB, it can be other distributions too, doesn't matter, there are a couple of tutorials on how to extract and compile the DSDT from different systems, chose the one you feel more comfortable. :)

Then i suggest you to use an Ubuntu Live-CD/USB, it can be other distributions too, doesn't matter, there are a couple of tutorials on how to extract and compile the DSDT from different systems, chose the one you feel more comfortable. :)

Mas olha la..se se extrair a dsdt pelo linux o mac pode vir a reconhecer a ethernet e a gpu? :o ..e ja agora.. no linux sei que ja ha drivers para a minha placa grafica..ha meio de reprogramalas para kext? :P

Mas olha la..se se extrair a dsdt pelo linux o mac pode vir a reconhecer a ethernet e a gpu? :o ..e ja agora.. no linux sei que ja ha drivers para a minha placa grafica..ha meio de reprogramalas para kext? :P

Pode ser que sim, não tenho como garantir que vai funcionar, não depende só de reconhecimento, o kext tem que ser capaz de controlar a placa. Portar um driver do Linux para o OS X até onde eu sei é possível, porém é muito trabalhoso, sei de poucos kexts que foram criados dessa forma.

Pode ser que sim, não tenho como garantir que vai funcionar, não depende só de reconhecimento, o kext tem que ser capaz de controlar a placa. Portar um driver do Linux para o OS X até onde eu sei é possível, porém é muito trabalhoso, sei de poucos kexts que foram criados dessa forma.

e da para ajudares? :D

a nova beta do ubuntu 13.3 ja tem os drivers :P

e da para ajudares? :D

a nova beta do ubuntu 13.3 ja tem os drivers :P

Infelizmente eu não tenho conhecimento suficiente para criar um kext a partir de um driver do linux. :(

Mas qual é o seu GPU? Talvez você não precise portar driver nenhum, pode ser que seja só uma questão de usar os kexts corretos.

Dica: Coloque na sua assinatura uma descrição detalhada do seu hardware. :)

Infelizmente eu não tenho conhecimento suficiente para criar um kext a partir de um driver do linux. :(

Mas qual é o seu GPU? Talvez você não precise portar driver nenhum, pode ser que seja só uma questão de usar os kexts corretos.

Dica: Coloque na sua assinatura uma descrição detalhada do seu hardware. :)

Feito :) da ai uma ajuda..ja tentei imenso :/

Edit: a que nao da é a 7520G Integrada :(

Question ...

Is it possible to edit/modify a dsdt.aml ..?

http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3689

The main goal is to edit the strings from the HP Pavilion G6-2163SR dsdt.aml to an HP Pavilion G6-2052SD dsdt.aml

Is this possible ..? can someone give me some pointers if this is possible many thanks ...

HP Pavilion G6 2052SD

AMD A6-4400M

AMD 7520G

Insyde BIOS

see my post here #3

it is very easy to create a working dsdt. If you want to perfect your dsdt, then use the patches, see Patches folder in the DSDT editor tool

• Like 1