Patches required for a P8Z68-V PRO installation?

21 posts in this topic

I saw on the Wiki that someone got almost everything working on a P8Z68-V PRO using certain patches, but I have been unable to find any of them except for the ALC892 patch. My setup is almost identical to the one listed in the wiki. Could someone with the same motherboard please point me in the right direction? Thanks

For the installation you should keep it as clean as possible. Set SATA mode to AHCI in bios. Download the DSDT file i give you and put it in your Extra folder. The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement into System Library Extensions and boot with -f

Files.zip

For the installation you should keep it as clean as possible. Set SATA mode to AHCI in bios. Download the DSDT file i give you and put it in your Extra folder. The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement into System Library Extensions and boot with -f

Thanks! I'll try that. I assume I select vanilla over pandora and select to install a recovery partition, right?

Thanks! I'll try that. I assume I select vanilla over pandora and select to install a recovery partition, right?

I dont know how to install to a recovery partition. Just launch the installer, go to disk utility and partition the HDD to Extended Journaled and GUID partition table and install the OS

I managed to install OS X without any major problems. Only issue I saw is that OS X determined that my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement was not authentic and decided to omit it from the installation, which causes the system to crash when I boot from the hard drive. How would I go about adding it back in?

EDIT: Actually, just realized I can simply mount the drives and manually copy it from the installation image. Going to try it

Was able to get past the IntelCPU crash, but now I am stuck at "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - Failed to locate SMC driver" when I boot with -f

Download FakeSMC, http://www.osx86.net/view/3004-fakesmc_r615_10.6_or_10.7-10.8.html. I think with your MB you need to boot with PciRootUID=0 so type -f PciRootUID=0

Download FakeSMC, http://www.osx86.net..._10.7-10.8.html. I think with your MB you need to boot with PciRootUID=0 so type -f PciRootUID=0

Yea, I've been booting with PCiRootUID=0 as instructed in the wiki. Thanks for the link, I'll give that a shot! I really appreciate all your help, I've been away from the scene for quite a long time. Do I just put FakeSMC_r615.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, or should I only put in the FakeSMC.kext located in FakeSMC_r615.kext/AVX (SandyBridge _ IvyBridge/x86_64?

Yea, I've been booting with PCiRootUID=0 as instructed in the wiki. Thanks for the link, I'll give that a shot! I really appreciate all your help, I've been away from the scene for quite a long time. Do I just put FakeSMC_r615.kext in /System/Library/Extensions, or should I only put in the FakeSMC.kext located in FakeSMC_r615.kext/AVX (SandyBridge _ IvyBridge/x86_64?

Rename it to FakeSMC.kext and place it in System/Library/Extensions will fix it!

Rename it to FakeSMC.kext and place it in System/Library/Extensions will fix it!

Extracted the zip. renamed it to FakeSMC.kext, and put it there without any luck. Still getting the same error. Going to try different boot flag combinations to see what happens. Some people have had success with certain ones.

lat 3 lines:

ASPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

ASPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

ASPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - Warning - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Extracted the zip. renamed it to FakeSMC.kext, and put it there without any luck. Still getting the same error. Going to try different boot flag combinations to see what happens. Some people have had success with certain ones.

Weird, i had this problem to and solved it with FakeSMC. The FakeSMC that i have is from this guide http://www.ihackintosh.com/2012/07/download-os-x-mountain-lion-bootable-vmdk/ at the requirements.

Just say if you need help with any patches!

Everything is up and running! Thanks so much for your help. Pandora had a very weird bug so I had to switch to something else. Everything seems to work except for sleep (which isn't a big deal). I'm a little concerned about performance though. Everything seems to run well, but I got some pretty low scores when I ran geekbench.

Everything is up and running! Thanks so much for your help. Pandora had a very weird bug so I had to switch to something else. Everything seems to work except for sleep (which isn't a big deal). I'm a little concerned about performance though. Everything seems to run well, but I got some pretty low scores when I ran geekbench.

Did you download a SSDT for your Processor?

• Like 1

Did you download a SSDT for your Processor?

I did get one, but that was before pandora bugged out on me and I had to switch to something else, so it probably never made it through. So I need to find an AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and SSDT optimized for a i5 2500k?

I did get one, but that was before pandora bugged out on me and I had to switch to something else, so it probably never made it through. So I need to find an AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and SSDT optimized for a i5 2500k?

Yes, will make it faster. I would read this: http://olarila.com/f...php?f=18&t=1703

Yes, will make it faster. I would read this: http://olarila.com/f...php?f=18&t=1703

I actually screwed up my installation by doing a few of those things, but I was able to revert the changes. Going to go through them 1 at a time to see what caused the problem and hopefully optimize this. Thanks for the link!

EDIT: I formatted my drive and started over using a premade Asus P8Z68-V Pro Bios 1101 DSDT. Everything works (turbo boost, sleep, etc).