Yosemite-10.10 previous 10.8 on Dell XPS 410 aka Dimension 9200-Yosemite show 4 drives

kvonlinee

58 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW, I have sucessfully installed 10.7. Lion on my XPS 410

• I had an old version of the Lion installer from the app store which myHack picked up without incident.

• I told myHack to include support for legacy USB drivers

• It required this kext for AHCI support (as opposed to the one linked by the OP). Without it, I was kernel panicking all over the place.

• I also used this version of the AppleAHCIPort.kext

• I used Chameleon Wizard to create an SMBios.plist for a Mac Pro 3,2
  • I used Kext Wizard to import the two kexts that I needed into my USB stick
  • I also ran the command mentioned by kvonlinee (ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI\ " | grep UID)  to verify PciRoot of 4 and added an entry to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist as recommended
  • Then I ran myFix Full to finish it off
  • No boot parameters were necessary

My System:

XPS 410

Q6700

(x4) 1GB PC2-5300 RAM - soon to be 8GB :)

ATI Radeon HD 5770

Everything else unplugged/disconnected

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry to rez this thread but it's the only one of its kind to my knowledge.

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 aka XPS 410. I have followed the OP's instructions to the best of my ability but the installer keeps rebooting at "Loading Darwin" then a few bootflags and bam, it reboots. Has anyone else experienced this?

I will update my signature with the specifics of the system. I'm at a loss having tried all varieties of Clover and Chameleon to get !0.10 to at least install. I've trawled the web for clues to no avail. Maybe something is wrong with my kernel and the E6600 processor combo? Is there a patch for my CPU (I think it's Conroe? Intel E6600)

Is there anyone who can help me? If I can get mine to work I'd be happy to rewrite the thread concept in a new thread, obviously with credits to the OP and contributors.

Eternally grateful to all who contribute to the this noblest of quests - getting OSX to work on almost any old {censored}heap. Absolutely love it! Bravo to you all!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm newbie Hackintosh. I just have success installed 10.11.5 on my old Dell XPS 410 with XFX Radeon 7750. Everything working unless got no display wake up after sleep. I use bootloader clover. Anyone help?