Yosemite-10.10 previous 10.8 on Dell XPS 410 aka Dimension 9200-Yosemite show 4 drives

kvonlinee

58 posts in this topic

all AMDRadeon.kext, GeForce, IntelHD, NVDA

/System/Library/Extensions/AMD2400Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD2600Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD3800Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD4600Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD4800Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD5000Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD6000Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMD7000Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMDFramebuffer.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AMDSupport.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000GraphicsVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTesla.kext /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTesla.kext 

stem/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGA.plugin /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTesla.kext /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundle /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTesla.kext /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTesla.ke

em/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriver.bundl

• Like 1

Ok I'll delete them all. Thank you so much!

These are not listed on the list but the seem like graphics Kexts. Should I delete them?post-1036050-13882585675987_thumb.jpgpost-1036050-13882585872201_thumb.jpg

using the chameleon wizard, you can make smbios to anything you want.

the disk it should be auto-detach if the other is raid.

you can put all the kext in the extension that into the generic extra in my hack, and don't forget to run myfix full.

Thanks to both of you for helping me. My installer booted and my drive is shown!

I have one last question. Once the installation is finished can I upgrade my bios to the latest version? Because I bought a new processor (q6700) and it is only supported by that bios

For anyone that was wondering, Mavericks is working great on the XPS 410. For anyone who wants to know how to get mavericks up and running feel free to message me. Thank you to the people that helped me figure out how to boot and have all my drives shown!

post-1036050-0-51015500-1388304127_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

it is update to 10.9.3, and it runs smooth.

Does anyone know an audio driver for this PC? I tried the one in that it included in the resource extravaganza, but it causes a kernel panic.

you can use the voodoohda 2.8.2 pkg, it is good. 

• 4 months later...

I have tried it and succeeded. I'm just trying to get graphics working then I'll post a new guide

You're awesome! If you can, be as detailed as possible....I haven't done an install since Lion, and have kind of forgotten how I got everything working that time!  :D

You're awesome! If you can, be as detailed as possible....I haven't done an install since Lion, and have kind of forgotten how I got everything working that time! :D

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. It was a lot more complicated then Mavericks was and I had to try a bunch of different things to get it working. I should have a full guide up for it within the next week or 2. Once I get graphics working I'll have a guide up. The good news is pretty much everything other then graphics works such as Ethernet and fan speed, etc. The bad news is that the bios settings reset upon every reboot so I'll have to find a fix for that. But once that and the graphics are fixed it will be a fully functioning hackintosh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am working with a dsdt that help eliminate the nullcpupowernamagement.kext and the reset of cmos, I am testing now but it got a long time shutdow, when done I will upload for use. Rigth now it go to 10.9.5.

I don't think a DSDT is needed. I have mine working with the exception of Graphics. Everything else works fine. Im waiting on a fix for my graphics card and once its working I will post a guide for everyone with the files needed 

I don't think a DSDT is needed. I have mine working with the exception of Graphics. Everything else works fine. Im waiting on a fix for my graphics card and once its working I will post a guide for everyone with the files needed

i don't know bout that, mine is unplug or force power off, it is reset the Bios, also you check is the nullcpupowermanagement.kext load?

With the dsdt, it will keep the bios setting, and power management run vanila, about your graphics card, GT430, I don't know what to do, but you can try to inject Device property, about how to get the string that from the guide at orilla website, go back the begining of this post to get a link.

Or you want you cant get a Nvidia GT610, low price on ebay, I have Asus fanless, it got support OBO, dont' have to modify anything about graphics.