• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Is it possible to install an Hackintosh distro on a PC with this specs?

CPU: i5 3450 3.1Ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD7850 2Gb
MB: MSI z77a-g43

Thanks

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Hi, I would recommend you to do a retail installation since Z77 boards are supported very well with Mountain Lion.
You can try http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/ or http://www.insanelym.../11-pandoraapp/.

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
what about the graphic card? HD7850 is working out-of-the-box? And the internal GPU of i5 3450 is a HD2500, which is not supported too. Will it work anyway?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Support for the HD 7000 series was added with 10.8.3 but you will need to apply a small fix. However you can always boot into safe mode with -x and you will have video output with software rendering.

Can't tell you anything about the HD2500.

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
So i can apply the fix without any videocard working?
I install Mac OSX 10.8.3 using the guide you linked me, then with -x, i boot into OSX and apply the fix. Then everything will work fine? i know it's not this simple, but i just need to know what to do!

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Basically yes. Also make sure you turn off the integrated GPU in your BIOS to avoid any conflicts.

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
To create the USB to install ML 10.8.3 do I need a working ML or it will work with 10.5.7?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
I can't tell you for sure but it should work with any Disk Utility version that supports restoring images to USB drives. Just try it.

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I also have win7 installed in this harddrive. I will create a new partition for OSX. How do I create a dualboot? Will Chameleon automaticaly recognize the win7 partition?

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Yes, it should. I would recommend you to install it to a USB drive first and see if it really does.

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I cant use Pandora's Box because im on Leopard. Same thing for Chameleon Wizard. They both say: "you cannot use this version of the application ******* with this version of Mac OS X"

k3nny

k3nny

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
Here is an iMac13,2 SMBIOS generated with the Chameleon Wizard. This should get you started.

Attached Files

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Perfect. Tomorrow I will start everything. Still waiting for the 10.8.3 "DVD" eheh :D

iAmXavi

iAmXavi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Im having some problems using Chameleon Installer. It gets stuck on "Writing package receipt". What can I do? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy