Intel HD4000, Haswell and Broadwell Inject AAPL,ig-platform-id

ErmaC

135 posts in this topic

hello

Micky

nice to see that chameleon is not dead.. long live to it..

new features... to new hardware..

can i ask .. any chance in future a key like clover for customedid ?

thanks

simple, in the same way as you did in DSDT:

layout 12 = 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 (byte flipped)

in Enoch "was"

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>0C000000</string>

But in new release is now in decimal, so simply:

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>12</string>

or

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>887</string>

etc, depends on how you call (or define) for the layoutXX.xml(.zlib), which works for you!

Micky

Ok, so in my case with

<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>

<string>03000000</string>

the decimal string should be...?

Ok, so in my case with

HDEFLayoutID

the decimal string should be...?

HDEFLayoutID

also you can "customize the HDAU layout-id...

HDAULayoutID

if not (depends if your machine have or not) set any value in both cases (HDEF and HDAU) will be assign layout-id = 12 (0C000000)

Regards

ErmaC

nice to see that chameleon is not dead.. long live to it..

new features... to new hardware..

For those who want to know my lappy takes 10 seconds to boot with Enoch

can i ask .. any chance in future a key like clover for customedid ?

ErmaC was talking about this just a few days ago..... But do not tell him that I've told you! ^_^

...but this Topic is for Intel HD4000..unfortunately

Micky

• 2 weeks later...

hey folks - please forgive if i'm offtopic. i'm very interested in trying this out using a P8Z77-V Le Plus with a 3570K and HD4000, but i did set this up with MB (from those who will not be named) originally. is it acceptable to download Enoch and use it to write over the old bootloader (i know they're largely both Chameleon based) without needing to reinstall the OS? i'm happy to see if this works as i'm sort of in a gray area with my video.

best to all - scott

You can safely overwrite Chimera with Enoch.pkg installer, do not worry.

However, install Enoch on USB stick first, and you can do all the tests you want.

Micky

EDIT

To clarify:

Enoch and Chimera, are both sub branches of Chameleon.

Chameleon Trunk is the stable version, where confluence the best changes (and inventions).

News are always on the branch (almost always), but they must be tested.

If you want to change platform-ig, now only in Enoch

(Enoch is very advanced) :whistle:

Micky

• Like 2

i actually created the installer with Enoch since UB (from those guys who did MB) wouldn't work. so can i test the installer for the video support, or is it better to create a different install of ML on a USB stick? from what i remember the Installer won't let you do much. any guide to installing just the OS on a USB stick, rather than the Installer?

Try Pandora: http://www.insanelym.../11-pandoraapp/

You can create your installer and other..

Enoch is the Pandora's bootloader, but in that version is not present ig-platform-id function.

So, if you decide to create the Pandora Installer, use the new Enoch installer to update the bootloader on the USB pen that you have created, before proceding to install OSx.

Micky

• Like 1

OK - i'm back. got a partition going where i installed Enoch plus FakeSMC and the Lynx2Mac network driver. i selected option 5 on the Enoch Installer for the HD4000.

essentially i get the same thing as my DSDT based solution, but it's only partial success. i have System Profiler telling me i have the Graphics installed and recognized with 512MB. i have translucent menu in Finder. however i only get the display resolution i set up in Enoch (1680x1050x32). Any other resolution fails miserably (totally garbled video). also, Enoch did not install an Extra folder but the log shows it trying to write files there. so i don't see an obvious org.chameleon.boot.plist file to edit or check out. Should i add an Extra folder and boot.plist file?

anyway i'm including the IOReg file here for your perusal.

there are no DSDTs or other patching (except BIOS flashing the CPU to control KPs due to power management).

let me know what i should be doing to get better test results.

best, scott

P8Z77VLEplus.ioreg.zip

OK - i'm back. got a partition going where i installed Enoch plus FakeSMC and the Lynx2Mac network driver. i selected option 5 on the Enoch Installer for the HD4000.

essentially i get the same thing as my DSDT based solution, but it's only partial success. i have System Profiler telling me i have the Graphics installed and recognized with 512MB. i have translucent menu in Finder. however i only get the display resolution i set up in Enoch (1680x1050x32). Any other resolution fails miserably (totally garbled video). also, Enoch did not install an Extra folder but the log shows it trying to write files there. so i don't see an obvious org.chameleon.boot.plist file to edit or check out. Should i add an Extra folder and boot.plist file?

anyway i'm including the IOReg file here for your perusal.

there are no DSDTs or other patching (except BIOS flashing the CPU to control KPs due to power management).

let me know what i should be doing to get better test results.

best, scott

Hi,

i have same motherboard as you, the rest of Hardware?

You have another graphic card installed?

The model of CPU?

If possible put all hardware in signature

Sorry for my english

EDIT: I saw only now that the processor is an i5

Here's the hardware rundown:

Asus P8Z77-V-LE Plus

8GB of RAM (Overclockable to 1800MHz but running at 1333MHZ)

3570K (3.4GHz stock speed)

HD4000 (no discrete GPU yet)

Samsung 240GB SSD

Toshiba 1TB HD

LG Blu-Ray burner

Thermaltake Case

Thermaltake 430W PS

OK, i'll put an Extra folder in and run the Enoch bootloader again to see if it creates the boot.plist file.

EDIT : Ba-da-Bing! Success!! the screen does now rescale without crapping out the video. So you can put an OK in the column for option '05' - the desktop option for this new tool on this Asus board, and likely a number of the other Z77 series of Asus.

a couple of remaining questions for you fine folks:

1. How did you enable Audio? (addressed mostly to carbo178). I don't need HD Audio or audio via HDMI, just the analog onboard. i could select HDAEnable and then maybe the various boot options. i know the board wants a Realtek 889 chip and there seems to be a setting for that...i had it going under DSDT but i may not need that.

2. How to make it so USB3 ports are seen by USB2 Drives? it's an Intel chipset thing but wasn't sure if theres a flag in Enoch or maybe a tool from Pandora that addresses this?

3. last, umm...well instead of an Apple while system loading i see a Tony mac apple. is that an intentional joke from Enoch/Chameleon that can go away by changing theme? i'd rather not be reminded of them since they banned me for mentioning that i did not download ML but had it on a DVD. i like the board itself, but i agree they're pretty draconian and hypocritical, and do not give props for tools largely made by others.

scott

Here's the hardware rundown:

Asus P8Z77-V-LE Plus

8GB of RAM (Overclockable to 1800MHz but running at 1333MHZ)

3570K (3.4GHz stock speed)

HD4000 (no discrete GPU yet)

Samsung 240GB SSD

Toshiba 1TB HD

LG Blu-Ray burner

Thermaltake Case

Thermaltake 430W PS

OK, i'll put an Extra folder in and run the Enoch bootloader again to see if it creates the boot.plist file.

EDIT : Ba-da-Bing! Success!! the screen does now rescale without crapping out the video. So you can put an OK in the column for option '05' - the desktop option for this new tool on this Asus board, and likely a number of the other Z77 series of Asus.

a couple of remaining questions for you fine folks:

1. How did you enable Audio? (addressed mostly to carbo178). I don't need HD Audio or audio via HDMI, just the analog onboard. i could select HDAEnable and then maybe the various boot options. i know the board wants a Realtek 889 chip and there seems to be a setting for that...i had it going under DSDT but i may not need that.

2. How to make it so USB3 ports are seen by USB2 Drives? it's an Intel chipset thing but wasn't sure if theres a flag in Enoch or maybe a tool from Pandora that addresses this?

scott

Hi,

For Audio and USB3 Intel you don't need DSDT, but for ASMediaUSB3 DSDT injection is better solution...

I attach my DSDT with Audio injection, USB3 Intel and ASMedia.

For Caldigit kext and ASMedia firmware update see This

Audio kext and USB3 are attached in the folder.

Instructions:

• Put DSDT.aml and Themes Folder in /Extra (Theme Default is chameleon theme, not Tony theme...)
  • Open Kext Wizard and install ALC889.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • Reboot

If ASMedia USB3 doesn't work download and install CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext

If the system doesn't boot, don't worry... boot with -v DSDT/aaaaaaa

Last thing, if audio have a pop or interference connect audio jack in central superior connector and configure audio in Audio Midi Configuration

Good hack

Sorry for my bad english (again)

P8Z77-V-LE PLUS.zip

Hi,

For Audio and USB3 Intel you don't need DSDT, but for ASMediaUSB3 DSDT injection is better solution...

I attach my DSDT with Audio injection, USB3 Intel and ASMedia.

For Caldigit kext and ASMedia firmware update see This

Audio kext and USB3 are attached in the folder.

Instructions:

• Put DSDT.aml and Themes Folder in /Extra (Theme Default is chameleon theme, not Tony theme...)
  • Open Kext Wizard and install ALC889.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • Reboot

OK - getting closer! i have USB now!

onboard audio is still giving issues, however. i didn't see a kext file called 'ALC889.kext' but i installed the 'AppleHDA.kext' from your Zip. that did not do anything. then i put in the DSDT.aml, which caused an immediate KP. so i have removed the DSDT. i can research the KP if you think it will help, but it was immediate that there was a conflict somewhere.

any way to inject the audio config only into the boot.plist file?

----------------------------------------

back to topic - the injection of layout 05 on the AAPL-ig definitely works for graphics. have tested it out with most of my games and it works great!

PS - carbo178- there's something funny going on with the forum. artur-pt replied to me first, but i did not see your post until i came across it while looking at your profile. now i see your post in reply to me but not artur's. strange...

scott

Open terminal and copy-paste this command;

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while()

{ chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP,

"|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

zip dsdt.aml generated and upload in topic

OK, make a test, please... put again DSDT in Extra and boot with -v

Post a pic of panic

Thanks

I compile new DSDT today

PS we are OT in this topic... open new topic and send me link in PM

hey folks i just encountered a problem with the inject. maybe it's a corruption issue, but when i recently started playing a game i got the same garbled display as before the inject. i tested it out on SystemPreferences and now i get garbled display like before when rescaling.

then i booted from my other drive. no problem there but after i went to SystemPrefs/Display and tried rescaling - the same garbled display happened. booting with -x -f makes no difference. i'm still stuck on my native resolution.

i am assuming the issue must be related to the boot or EFI settings for the computer since i get the same results on both drives, but i don't know how to reset the settings back to when they worked. can the inject get corrupted or possibly overwritten and need re-installing? i know it did work a couple of days back as i was easily able to play my games. without the ability to scale video, though, the games won't start - even in a windowed mode.

the settings in the org.chameleon.boot.plist haven't changed. i'm using setting 5 which should be fine for a desktop.

PS - i did reinstall Enoch and just did the Graphics Injector - no change - still can only do native res.

any help appreciated,

scott

From reading the original post, I understand that Enoch only injects the layout id for the Intel HD 4000.

What I am asking is, is it possible to inject connector strings? I have a specific port layout that I want to use. My end goal is to get VGA working.

From reading the original post, I understand that Enoch only injects the layout id for the Intel HD 4000.

What I am asking is, is it possible to inject connector strings? I have a specific port layout that I want to use. My end goal is to get VGA working.

For VGA you will need to mod the driver. Stop looking at the bootloader and start looking at the kext.

• Like 1

My notebook only have setting Video Memory 128MB

what do you think my 4HD-ig since GE support 32mb 64mb and 96mb.

I can't enable qe/ci on mavericks/10.9

but in mountain lion working with 

7f0000000100000001000000730000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000003006601140000006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e626f6172642d31

My notebook only have setting Video Memory 128MB

what do you think my 4HD-ig since GE support 32mb 64mb and 96mb.

I can't enable qe/ci on mavericks/10.9

but in mountain lion working with

Dead user... Have you read the first topic?

Where I mentioned to use an EFI String?

ErmaC

Dead user... Have you read the first topic?

Where I mentioned to use an EFI String?

ErmaC

I means I did all the seting HD4k-ig from 0-11 nothing works

that only work using that efistring on ML... but not work on mavericks

and I read first page