APU AMD Pavilion

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Yeah .. maybe a " i'm really getting crazy button " i have clover installed on my ssd .. ( renamed bootmgw.efi ) so every time i boot up the laptop .. the clover gui shows... i think i'll just ran into a apple store one day ... load up the installer and ask and employee for help xD :king: i think nobody ever did that before .. LOL

Lol...
A buddy of mine has shown off his hackbook in an Apple store.
They were pretty pissed...
:D

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Gaming, Mechanical Engineering and so on :P

Lol...
A buddy of mine has shown off his hackbook in an Apple store.
They were pretty pissed...
:D

Ill do that..Ill go into the store and ask for help for graphics support :P muahaha xD

({censored}ed my BIOS with the downgrade to F.05 now I cant go back to F.26..so that means only legacy..i Lost UEFI :( and sooooo on....cant boot clover :( "S_hit! "

EDIT:omg..i keep trying to install the F.26 and it doesnt let me :s it reboots instantly and then..nothing happens.. i have a non-legit windows 7 installed there..should I anyways go to an IT store? :x

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
F.05 is an windows 7 bios without UEFI ...when you have windows 7 installed ... just flash the F.26 bios back with the insyde(wack) tool .... you can try boot windows 7 in safe mode ... then use the insyde flasing tool ...

I just unlocked and flashed an lite-on winbond dvd drive (xbox 360) with the kamikaze-hack for a customer ...and now i'm trying the hackintosh adventure again ...

P.S. i'm srry for the stupid complaints ... my patience just ran out... and my "brain" just shorted out ...

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

F.05 is an windows 7 bios without UEFI ...when you have windows 7 installed ... just flash the F.26 bios back with the insyde(wack) tool .... you can try boot windows 7 in safe mode ... then use the insyde flasing tool ...

I just unlocked and flashed an lite-on winbond dvd drive (xbox 360) with the kamikaze-hack for a customer ...and now i'm trying the hackintosh adventure again ...

P.S. i'm srry for the stupid complaints ... my patience just ran out... and my "brain" just shorted out ...

In safe mode it claimed it didnt have admin rights..even thought i was hitting the button :s

EDIT: Success ..used an old LIVE windows dvd :P and it updated..thank god!! :D now to test the combo update :P

EDIT2: do I need anything new to add to the system after i go into 10.8.4?

EDIT3: Updated..Instant reboot on AnV's kernel

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Enigma 2 - Hackintosh - Apple - Android -XBMC - Dreambox - Linux - CPU Overclocking - Woman - Sk...
you could have done '' right click open as administrator '' :star_sunglasses:

or '' run as administrator '' i'm running a dutch version of windows 8 enterprise

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

you could have done '' right click open as administrator '' :star_sunglasses:

or '' run as administrator '' i'm running a dutch version of windows 8 enterprise

windows itself wasnt letting the install being made..had to use the DVD :P but now the bios is solved..now i need a new kernel to avoid the instant reboots on 10.8.4 :x

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
ok.. same here .... i need a kernel who won't give me a kp on booting the os x operating system... i don't have a working os x :star_sunglasses: :tomato: 10.8.3 so i can't update to 10.8.4 ..

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,815 posts

EDIT3: Updated..Instant reboot on AnV's kernel

Andy's kernel works just fine for me, both for 10.8.3 and the first beta 10.8.4. But then again, it's not an APU...

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
OS X 10.8.3 works fine in VMware workstation ... but its more for amateurs...

TonyHailway

TonyHailway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
@pmmc, could you post a small guide please.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Andy's kernel works just fine for me, both for 10.8.3 and the first beta 10.8.4. But then again, it's not an APU...

I actually lost count of what kernel i was using..xD im gonna put the anv's in the HDD.. xP

@pmmc, could you post a small guide please.

Small guide..sure..I will ;) let me just try the anv's kernel ..i doubt that was the kernel i was using xD xP

EDIT: oh well sorry mate..i cant now ..my gf actually came to my house so..i cant :P but i will tomorow as soon as i drop her on university ;D

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

I actually lost count of what kernel i was using..xD im gonna put the anv's in the HDD.. xP

Small guide..sure..I will ;) let me just try the anv's kernel ..i doubt that was the kernel i was using xD xP

Lost count of kernels xD ... lol same here ... the mach_sse42 / Anv's kernel / ml3 .. are working for me .. at least to load the installer :star_sunglasses:

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Lost count of kernels xD ... lol same here ... the mach_sse42 / Anv's kernel / ml3 .. are working for me .. at least to load the installer :star_sunglasses:

Good news..it booted again muahaha :D up and running :P going to leave home for about 3 or 4 hours and then ill do a small guide with everything i think that might be important.. and god ..i need wireless..and cant even get the ethernet working.--

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
http://imageshack.us.../img0493pn.jpg/

In verbose-mode -v it hangs ... with the bootflag -x -f it hangs on the apple logo no kernel panic .. does anyone have any idea..?

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

http://imageshack.us.../img0493pn.jpg/

In verbose-mode -v it hangs ... with the bootflag -x -f it hangs on the apple logo no kernel panic .. does anyone have any idea..?

dude always do -v if only -x -f kp will always be there xp

and dude those errors are way before osx boot..thATS CLOVER RELATED

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
it has no use ... it hangs on error reading blabla with -v .... with different kernels.... it sucks big time .. i'm out of luck ...

hopefully someone gets a solution for this problem .. HP is not responding to any e-mails ( i asked about bios unlocked and i'm not happy )... free time given too much ...
at the the moment i don't have any girlfriend so ... i have a lot of time ... IT school starts nexts week...

TonyHailway

TonyHailway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

EDIT: oh well sorry mate..i cant now ..my gf actually came to my house so..i cant :P but i will tomorow as soon as i drop her on university ;D

Tomorrow sounds great, thanks man :)

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

it has no use ... it hangs on error reading blabla with -v .... with different kernels.... it sucks big time .. i'm out of luck ...

hopefully someone gets a solution for this problem .. HP is not responding to any e-mails ( i asked about bios unlocked and i'm not happy )... free time given too much ...
at the the moment i don't have any girlfriend so ... i have a lot of time ... IT school starts nexts week...

i called hp and they said there isnt any unlock bios.. you have to actually confront them mate :P and..there isnt.--

jerome2013

jerome2013

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
There is an unlocked bios .. HP just don't want to give you more options ... HP sucks big time .. the also say the HP Pavilion G6 series supports up to 8GB of RAM .. but the chipset supports up to 16GB RAM 1600-Mhz ... the don't want to give as an unlocked bios because of warranty issues...

and why do they ship an hp pavilion notebook with an RSA signed bios ..? because they don't want customers unlock their bioses ... ( RSA = BIOS Security )

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
So..the tutorial :jerry: : :welcomeani:

1- Make sure your hardware is similar to mine:
AMD A6-4400M
Hp laptop pavilion g6 (Others might work or not, Im here doing a quick guide for my laptop with that cpu)

2- you need a legit copy of 10.8 or any other will do..lets go with 10.8.3..(they all work the same :D and for having that legit i assume you bought it on apple and so you have a working hackintosh or an actual mac.

3- Find a USB pen (SD Card may work..depends on YOUR BIOS..mine doesnt like them..so I recomend USB :wink2: ) then partition it with disk utility..so you have a partition for Clover and the installation on the same USB pen drive (8gb or 16gb..I use :graduated: 16gb) (Big space for Install and around 1 gb or less for Clover (FAT32).

4- Restore the image of mac install (first mount it to the system and then restore it!) to the right partition.

5- As long as that is going install Clover on the other partition choose the options wisely. (I use UEFI mode..but for some of you Clover might boot in legacy mode..in my laptop..it doesnt.)

5.1- In case you are whilling to try..Ill leave here my Full Clover installation..but ATTENTION! Might not work for you!! So dont be lazy and create your own Clover and put the necessary kexts your self that Ill be providing within the link:

https://mega.co.nz/#...B2YMcVrbY7mC-Zs

6- As soon as the image is on the partition..delete the file called: "mach_kernel" and go grab the AnV's kernel: (will put here the link after lunch, or use the forum :moil: ) and then rename it to mach_kernel and paste it on the install partition.

7- NOW (in mine it works this way) go to BIOS deactivate legacy boot, then leave the safe check on. Boot from USB Pen Drive and let it complain that it isnt safe. After that go to BIOS again and deactivate safe check ..otherwise Clover wont boot :wink2:

8- Install the mac OSX.
8.1- You'll have to put drivers for PS2 trackpad and keyboard..or use my example that has everything there already.

9- IF your using dual boot then after installation go on windows and change the vanilla kernel with the AnV's (with a program that allows you to write on HFS+) or:

9.1- Boot again into Installation partition.. go on Terminal and:

Then, when prompted, type this:
mount -uw / and hit enter.
Then type cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/name\ of\ your\ HDD and hit enter. or
I.e.: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Hackintosh

I.e.2: cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/My\ HDD
(you have to use "\ ", without the quotes, when the name has more than one word. You were a good boy and named your HDD with a single work, right? That makes things rather easy) (Will depend on the name you gave to the mountain Lion HD partition ;D )

10- Then reboot, still using the USB Clover, but this time select your HDD.

11- Congrats! If everything went right you are by now configuring your account ;D

11.1 - The rest of the kexts..is actually up to you..because the hardware probably is diferent ;D
12- Good luck :weight_lift: :thumbsup_anim: !! ;D I was the first to make it work with an APU ..Join me in figuring out this unknow Land ;D :construction: :moil:

If it works please post here so we can know..and if it doesnt post so we can try and help you! ;D
Credits to all the ones that helped :gathering: me making this true: theconnactic , clemj06 ,134 gils83 and many others that participated on this topic ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy