AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

Hello, ¿ What do you see in System Preferences - Network?

Nothing there..

In the log it doesnt recognize it..

To boot clover on insyde bioses ( HP Pavilion ) the " Ethernet Boot Controller " needs to be enabled or else clover won't show the menu ...

I can install 10.8.3 boot it won't boot after the install ... trying diffrent kernels and boot flags..

OMG !!! THANK YOU !!! I will try this ASAP !

i also spend hours hacking my bios with hex-editor but it is RSA signed i semi-bricked it ... hp sucks with the bios

Nope.. not working on my rev 3.7 .. damn.... getting a lot of headache .. lion 10.7.2 boots with chameleon but not with clover.... instant kp :wallbash:

• Like 1

Hello,

I would like to run a retail version of os x 10.8.3 on my

HP Pavilion G6 AMD A6-4400M

8 GB Ram

AMD 7520G 512MB

Samsung 120GB SSD (*GPT)

500GB Hitachi 7200RPM (*GPT)

My problem is i can boot the installer just fine with different versions of Clover, the install is always succesfull but when i try to boot it .... KP ...

I used diffrent kernels ...

Anv's amd_kernel

Sintek

mach_sse42_only

They boot fine to install os x ... but after the install its headache ... i've been trying this for a couple of month now still no go..

Lion 10.7.2 did the job but only boots with chameleon in legacy mode ... with clover no go (arch=i386) the apple logo just keeps spinning forever..

When i try to boot os x with -v it gives me alot of error messages .. " Error reading System/Library/Extensions " then the KP happens ...

Used common bootflags .. but i can never boot my os x system .... i just don't know what to do anymore if someone can help please :star_sunglasses:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/kernelpanice.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/windows8devicemanager.png/

Regards

Thxs for your response ...

I placed the kext in the system/library/extensions folder is this correct...?

On the clover usb i also placed the kext in the kext folder.. ( 10.8)

is this right or am i doing something wrong... ?

No..

Yet another kernel panic... hmmm...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/img0475oc.jpg/

Thxs for your response ...

I placed the kext in the system/library/extensions folder is this correct...?

On the clover usb i also placed the kext in the kext folder.. ( 10.8)

is this right or am i doing something wrong... ?

No..

Yet another kernel panic... hmmm...

http://imageshack.us.../img0475oc.jpg/

Are you booting with -f otherwise the kext aren't going to be loaded. I think you will need to try every kernel in this list: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285580-database-of-current-working-amd-kernels/

yeah i tryed " -f -x -F WithKexts " all common flags -nossse3bit -nosse42 ...

think i tryed all kernels xD ... just maybe there is something wrong with my clover config ... i'm gonna try clover L1050 now

also im gonna try it with just one memory module... you never now ... '' maxmem=4096 '' didn't do anything...

thx for your help i really appreciate ... its so strange that the install always runs smooth no issues....

Retail 10.8.2 and 10.8.3 ---> installer goes well no boot after install...

iATKOS LM3U UEFI --> installer goes well no boot after install...

Hello,

I would like to run a retail version of os x 10.8.3 on my

HP Pavilion G6 AMD A6-4400M

8 GB Ram

AMD 7520G 512MB

Samsung 120GB SSD (*GPT)

500GB Hitachi 7200RPM (*GPT)

My problem is i can boot the installer just fine with different versions of Clover, the install is always succesfull but when i try to boot it .... KP ...

I used diffrent kernels ...

Anv's amd_kernel

Sintek

mach_sse42_only

They boot fine to install os x ... but after the install its headache ... i've been trying this for a couple of month now still no go..

Lion 10.7.2 did the job but only boots with chameleon in legacy mode ... with clover no go (arch=i386) the apple logo just keeps spinning forever..

When i try to boot os x with -v it gives me alot of error messages .. " Error reading System/Library/Extensions " then the KP happens ...

Used common bootflags .. but i can never boot my os x system .... i just don't know what to do anymore if someone can help please :star_sunglasses:

http://imageshack.us...rnelpanice.jpg/

http://imageshack.us...icemanager.png/

Regards

that is wierd..cuz your system is a lot alike mine..

failed to load corecrypto.kext ... damn... this ain't no fun anymore

I know..but dont give up mate xD

no i don't ... what bios are you running ..?

I'm running version F.26 ...

Can you post your config.plist maybe there is an issue with my clover setup...

Did someone else with an AMD pc use Clover? I think they all use chameleon, maybe try with that. Clover is maybe setting the kernel wrong or something. I'm not using clover anymore because i didn't want to learn all the new boot flags and it was annoying that i had to search it up the whole time.

no i don't ... what bios are you running ..?

I'm running version F.26 ...

Can you post your config.plist maybe there is an issue with my clover setup...

well i downgraded to test that insydeH20 thing..but no use..ill put it back on F.26 also.. the config.plist..for the moment i cant :P but ill post it ;D laptop is off :P and im working ;D

With the latest chameleon ( usb only boots in legacy mode not uefi ) the apple logo comes up but the spinning wheel nevers shows up tryed 4 or 5 kernels ... i cannot boot the installer... i swapped memory did not work either...

funny thing is i placed all kernels in root .. and named them ..

amd

amd2

amd3

amd4

amd5

When one kernel reboots i just tryed the other one .. xD :moil:

Patience is GOLDEN ! i can install and boot lion 10.7.2 with one of the oldest chameleon loaders ... but with the latest chameleon or clover ... nor the installer of os x will boot ... JESUS {censored} CHRIST !

Error reading /system/extensions/blablaaablaaah

Maybe os x doesn't like my Samsung SSD Drive ..? to fast ..?

Be polite, man: people try help you on their free time, when they know what to suggest as a solution: you're entitled to absolutely nothing here.

The problem is the methods that worked for everyone else are not working for you, Jerome. Your hardware is really difficult to deal with, starting with that locked InsydeH2O BIOS. Laptops are a pain in the OS, AMD laptops even worse: what could you expect with an APU laptop with locked BIOS?

You either try some other method or give it up; there's no alternative. I see you put a lot of kernels in the root of your HDD to test: are you remembering to boot with -f when switching between then? Are you remembering to use arch=i386? Did you try to add the correct busratio as a flag?

All the best!