300 replies to this topic

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Gaming, Mechanical Engineering and so on :P

ANV's amd_kernel gives me an instant reboot...

With Clover? you have to rename it to mach_kernel! ALSO: use -nossse3bit -nosse42bit -v etc...

EDIT: When I used the Windows DVD it restored everything back to when I didnt have a partition for mac :o gonna partition my external HDD to make it have the Recovery part there :P and then FULL Format on the laptop :P

EDIT2: im screwed with the wireless..the thing is i got an hp that has another wireless that works but doesnt have bluetooth..the thing is if i switch them will it still have bluetooth?.. or is it atached to the wireless?

System Info:

Posted Image

Edited by pmmc, 03 April 2013 - 02:54 PM.

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, System building
what version of clover did you use?

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

what version of clover did you use?

The latest one mate ;b ..Now im trying to install Windows in UEFI mode.. :D

CoSmA

CoSmA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
@pmmc From my knowlege (dell latitude laptops) the wireles card comes bundled wit ha little bluetooth receiver ,u cant use the bluetooth without a card that support that little adaptor .
It`s internal ,i can provide pictures of it if ur interested

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

@pmmc From my knowlege (dell latitude laptops) the wireles card comes bundled wit ha little bluetooth receiver ,u cant use the bluetooth without a card that support that little adaptor .
It`s internal ,i can provide pictures of it if ur interested

Im focused on the other stuff to do..cant even get sound.. :s but Clover is new for me..USB 3.0 ports aint working..

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Im focused on the other stuff to do..cant even get sound.. :s but Clover is new for me..USB 3.0 ports aint working..

usb 3.0 kext, not sure if it will work with your laptop but try it. -f

Attached Files

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

usb 3.0 kext, not sure if it will work with your laptop but try it. -f

Your back :) I am considering rebranding my atheros wireless.. I cant even get the ethernet working.. :/

EDIT: AND I can only boot clover with UEFI.. :( this way it will give me a big pain in the ass to put windows booting with UEFI..and ALSO I installed Clover on my HDD and it doesnt boot into clover :s (UEFI only method that works with the usb pen) will try now those kext

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
By ethernet you mean LAN right? Lemme look around and get back to you... I do not know how to rebrand
http://www.osx86.net...er_amp;_...html Try that for audio

Edited by clemj06, 04 April 2013 - 12:54 AM.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

By ethernet you mean LAN right? Lemme look around and get back to you... I do not know how to rebrand

I cant get to work wireless.. (Atheros AR9485) and Ethernet..

http://www.osx86.net...er_amp;_...html Try that for audio

wont be the first time I try voodooHDA :/ but Ill try again.

EDIT: USB 3.0 did not work :/ ..audio im still trying to install

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Do you know what your ethernet chip is? Could it be a realtek RTL81XX?
I am surprised that the voodoohda 2.8.2 did not work before because I use it in SL and I have the same audio device as you and I just assumed it would work in ML because it has ML support.
Attached File  devices.gif   50.59KB   5 downloads

Sorry, gave you the wrong kext for the usb, it is for my desktop, device 1033:0194, will look for one for your device :)

Edited by clemj06, 04 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Do you know what your ethernet chip is? Could it be a realtek RTL81XX?
I am surprised that the voodoohda 2.8.2 did not work before because I use it in SL and I have the same audio device as you and I just assumed it would work in ML because it has ML support.
Attached File  devices.gif   50.59KB   5 downloads

I dont know..and I dont have windows installed :( made a full erase :P and I dont know Why it isnt being able to boot without the usb clover pen..I made a 1 Gb parition Fat 32.. but I couldnt modify it inside the mac..dont know why.. :/

EDIT: Tomorow Ill remove the laptops HDD ..connect it to this pc..then create a bootable Clover UEFI partition on that 1 Gb one..as the current installation wont allow me to do so..and for today..I cant struggle more.. :P SLEEPPP :) must sleep

EDIT2: Audio didnt work..even tried a voodoobattery, and didnt work too..Tomorow will fight again :P if you find a kext for USB 3.0 that is awesome :P and..IF Graphics work and everything else except wireless..Ill rebrand the Atheros..but until then..big fight..Especially in making the OS bootable without Usb pen.--

Edited by pmmc, 04 April 2013 - 01:55 AM.

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

I dont know..and I dont have windows installed :( made a full erase :P and I dont know Why it isnt being able to boot without the usb clover pen..I made a 1 Gb parition Fat 32.. but I couldnt modify it inside the mac..dont know why.. :/

EDIT: Tomorow Ill remove the laptops HDD ..connect it to this pc..then create a bootable Clover UEFI partition on that 1 Gb one..as the current installation wont allow me to do so..and for today..I cant struggle more.. :P SLEEPPP :) must sleep

EDIT2: Audio didnt work..even tried a voodoobattery, and didnt work too..Tomorow will fight again :P if you find a kext for USB 3.0 that is awesome :P and..IF Graphics work and everything else except wireless..Ill rebrand the Atheros..but until then..big fight..Especially in making the OS bootable without Usb pen.--

Try this for your ethernet

Attached Files

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Try this for your ethernet

Trying now and then ill turn this off..btw..made a test on cinebench..weak cpu hehe :P it got 1.00 pts xD

EDIT: I gotta manage to make Clover boot with legacy..or try another bootloader..cuz I aint having success on any kext.. :( Bloody hell..
EDIT2: That kext is a no go too

EDIT3: Made clover uefi bootable without the usb pen drive :P and still got no sound and etc.. WORKs: Kernel, Clover boot without usb, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, PS2 and nothing else until now I guess..

EDIT4: Should I try another kernel? maybe this AnV's is not allowing the voodooHDA to work? :/ (I dont understand kernels.. :x , I tried a Distro Iatkos_ML2 and It gave me kp with the voodooHDA couldnt even reach the installation.. , and this one isnt even loading it :( )

EDIT5: I GOT EXCELENT NEWS :D See for yourself: :P

https://www.dropbox....04 15.01.09.jpg

Sound, Battery recognition, just ethernet to go.. oh and Graphics (Still have to manage how to make that Graphic card as primary..but it got recognized :P )

Edited by pmmc, 04 April 2013 - 02:09 PM.

clemj06

clemj06

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Trying now and then ill turn this off..btw..made a test on cinebench..weak cpu hehe :P it got 1.00 pts xD

EDIT: I gotta manage to make Clover boot with legacy..or try another bootloader..cuz I aint having success on any kext.. :( Bloody hell..
EDIT2: That kext is a no go too

EDIT3: Made clover uefi bootable without the usb pen drive :P and still got no sound and etc.. WORKs: Kernel, Clover boot without usb, Bluetooth, USB 2.0, PS2 and nothing else until now I guess..

EDIT4: Should I try another kernel? maybe this AnV's is not allowing the voodooHDA to work? :/ (I dont understand kernels.. :x , I tried a Distro Iatkos_ML2 and It gave me kp with the voodooHDA couldnt even reach the installation.. , and this one isnt even loading it :( )

EDIT5: I GOT EXCELENT NEWS :D See for yourself: :P

https://www.dropbox....04 15.01.09.jpg

Sound, Battery recognition, just ethernet to go.. oh and Graphics (Still have to manage how to make that Graphic card as primary..but it got recognized :P )

That is good news, are the graphics working properly?
Let me see your device list in OS X, here is a link for system info, it should show more devices in OS X:
http://olarila.com/k.../SystemInfo.zip

Edited by clemj06, 04 April 2013 - 04:31 PM.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

That is good news, are the graphics working properly?
Let me see your device list in OS X, here is a link for system info, it should show more devices in OS X:
http://olarila.com/k.../SystemInfo.zip

Still dont have internet connection on it :P (It will ask to update :/

EDIT: And only got the non onboard Graphics card rolling..so..not good :/
EDIT2: Made System Info Work,

https://www.dropbox.... 18.15.00.jpg?m

https://www.dropbox.... 18.15.11.jpg?m

lonespeaker

lonespeaker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
my first post, just got a windows 8 laptop which has an AMD A6-4400M cpu so really pleased to see the progress in this thread. Looking forward to your tutorial on how to get this up and running. not quite sure I understand all this Clover stuff yet as I have only ever used OS X on my MBP so doing some reading atm - but if there is any good tutorial available I would be grateful.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

my first post, just got a windows 8 laptop which has an AMD A6-4400M cpu so really pleased to see the progress in this thread. Looking forward to your tutorial on how to get this up and running. not quite sure I understand all this Clover stuff yet as I have only ever used OS X on my MBP so doing some reading atm - but if there is any good tutorial available I would be grateful.

Ill make it as soon as I get the system 100 per cent running (excluding or including the atheros)

lonespeaker

lonespeaker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Ill make it as soon as I get the system 100 per cent running (excluding or including the atheros)

Thanks. I've spent hours reading up on Clover and tried many many times, but I cannot get clover to even boot to the clover menu. I enabled the syslog function inthe refit2 config file and have a log of what happens, but it stops at :

1:731 0:003 CPU: 2700 MHz
1:734 0:003 TSC: 2700 MHz
1:737 0:003 PIS: 400 MHz
1:740 0:003 PCI (00|00:00.00) : 1022 1410 class=060000
1:743 0:003 PCI (00|00:01.00) : 1002 9990 class=030000

I've tried 2 usb sticks, I even tried to boot uefi ubuntu and that works, so I'm now at a loss to why I can't even get clover to boot.

Would it be possible for you to upload your config.plist file for me to compare with please? I maybe missing a setting or 2 that helps.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Thanks. I've spent hours reading up on Clover and tried many many times, but I cannot get clover to even boot to the clover menu. I enabled the syslog function inthe refit2 config file and have a log of what happens, but it stops at :

1:731 0:003 CPU: 2700 MHz
1:734 0:003 TSC: 2700 MHz
1:737 0:003 PIS: 400 MHz
1:740 0:003 PCI (00|00:00.00) : 1022 1410 class=060000
1:743 0:003 PCI (00|00:01.00) : 1002 9990 class=030000

I've tried 2 usb sticks, I even tried to boot uefi ubuntu and that works, so I'm now at a loss to why I can't even get clover to boot.

Would it be possible for you to upload your config.plist file for me to compare with please? I maybe missing a setting or 2 that helps.

IF it is a laptop same as mine, you have to disable safe boot in uefi mode..so it works ;b (and choose the option UEFI initialization while instaling it to the usb pen drive)

Good Luck buddy ;)

lonespeaker

lonespeaker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
It's not the same laptop but its the same cpu and gpu. Safe boot is disabled and set to UEFI mode - My windows 8 install is an EFI one but even if I enabled UEFI + Legacy I can boot from windows 7 DVD so I m certain it's not the EFI config thats the problem.

Clover _is_ being booted, but it is stalling at the PCI inspection stage. I have been doing some further digging around it seems clover might be hanging/crashing when trying to access the GPU. Do you have any kexts installed on the clover boot stick? I'm trying to figure out what I have missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy