AMD APU mountain lion support

312 posts in this topic

It's not the same laptop but its the same cpu and gpu. Safe boot is disabled and set to UEFI mode - My windows 8 install is an EFI one but even if I enabled UEFI + Legacy I can boot from windows 7 DVD so I m certain it's not the EFI config thats the problem.

Clover _is_ being booted, but it is stalling at the PCI inspection stage. I have been doing some further digging around it seems clover might be hanging/crashing when trying to access the GPU. Do you have any kexts installed on the clover boot stick? I'm trying to figure out what I have missed.

Wait..let me see if I understand.. the kernel opens? do you see the Clover menu?

Wait..let me see if I understand.. the kernel opens? do you see the Clover menu?

No, when my laptop boots, I press F10 to bring up the boot menu. I select my UEFI memory stick and press enter.

The laptop screen goes blank, I get a flashing _ in the top left for a second or so and then it disappears and the machine appears to have either hanged or stalled.

If I then boot into windows and read the syslog in the EFI/misc folder (on the memory stick) I see that clover starts, detects the cpu and loads the .efi files but then stops at the PCI bit I posted above.

I am not sure what the problem is, I am probably doing something totally wrong when installing clover. I see other people have had this issue but never found a solution.

Edited by lonespeaker

No, when my laptop boots, I press F10 to bring up the boot menu. I select my UEFI memory stick and press enter.

The laptop screen goes blank, I get a flashing _ in the top left for a second or so and then it disappears and the machine appears to have either hanged or stalled.

If I then boot into windows and read the syslog in the EFI/misc folder (on the memory stick) I see that clover starts, detects the cpu and loads the .efi files but then stops at the PCI bit I posted above.

I am not sure what the problem is, I am probably doing something totally wrong when installing clover. I see other people have had this issue but never found a solution.

Hum awkward..what happens to me..is that I have to make Bios only working for UEFI disable "Secure Boot" and then it goes..and of course on the instalation you can try either options: that only extracts or that makes it ready for UEFI initialization.. the others..for me dont work..

I have done some further testing come to the conclusion that the current version of clover won't work with my system. The EFI firmware is American Megatrends and cpu is the same as yours.

I have booted to the xshell64.efi which comes with clover and that seems to work ok, so Im guessing there is something in the compiled clover efi file that is causing me some issue.

I'm going to compile clover myself and see if I can get it to output some debug stuff - Im a good C/C++/PHP programmer so should be ok.

• Like 2

I have done some further testing come to the conclusion that the current version of clover won't work with my system. The EFI firmware is American Megatrends and cpu is the same as yours.

I have booted to the xshell64.efi which comes with clover and that seems to work ok, so Im guessing there is something in the compiled clover efi file that is causing me some issue.

I'm going to compile clover myself and see if I can get it to output some debug stuff - Im a good C/C++/PHP programmer so should be ok.

Great! good luck :P , I Only know Python..and I dont like it :P xD seriouslly good luck ;D

Great! good luck :P , I Only know Python..and I dont like it :P xD seriouslly good luck ;D

Thanks. I have managed to get clover to compile ok so now I need to study the code and see where I can output some debug.

Could you tell me if your bios is an APTIO one? On mine, it says it at the very top of the bios screen. thanks.

Thanks. I have managed to get clover to compile ok so now I need to study the code and see where I can output some debug.

Could you tell me if your bios is an APTIO one? On mine, it says it at the very top of the bios screen. thanks.

Its an Insyde H2O (cant even mod it..so its giving me a pain in the ass to get the onboard graphics working (it isnt compatible.--)

ok, I guess there is some incompatibility with AMD + aptio + Clover EFI boot. I have managed to compile debug version of clover but it's not helping because it's hanging before it starts to load the gui. I guess I'l have to give up on a pure EFI boot and look into using legacy boot instead.

I have managed to get Chameleon 2189 to boot but receiving a reboot a second or so after I select the osx install. Will have to try different kernels.

ok, I guess there is some incompatibility with AMD + aptio + Clover EFI boot. I have managed to compile debug version of clover but it's not helping because it's hanging before it starts to load the gui. I guess I'l have to give up on a pure EFI boot and look into using legacy boot instead.

I have managed to get Chameleon 2189 to boot but receiving a reboot a second or so after I select the osx install. Will have to try different kernels.

Dude..Chameleon wont work :( All you'll get is instant reboots..You Have to you use Clover.

Clover won't work for me in either EFI or BIOS mode so I guess it's game over for me for now. :(

Dont give up :D you only gotta figure that part out :P the rest is a road that I've already had success ..so its easier for you xD I spent months trying.. :P

Try asking help in the Clover topic: the developers themselves give support there: http://www.insanelym...ral-discussion/

I want to update to 10.8.4 to see if there are any changes to recognizing the graphics card..is there any combo update? as I havent managed to get ethernet or wireless working :S

I want to update to 10.8.4 to see if there are any changes to recognizing the graphics card..is there any combo update? as I havent managed to get ethernet or wireless working :S

What ethernet chip do you have?

What ethernet chip do you have?

I cant seem to see.. in windows:

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_184A103C&REV_05

Sorry to hear that.

¿What model is your laptop?

Maybe we can find the chip model to easier searching.

Read the bloody thread mate :)

pfff.

Dude...

HP Pavilion g6-2151sp :D

EDIT: I got news..had to make it work with the clover method..but now it is installing :P Just fear disk utility {censored}ed up my windows installation..but ill see that later :P cuz I had 4 partitions.. one for ML another that was windows and another one that was RECOVERY and SYSTEM.. windows and recovery became one :( and that means I dont have a recovery method anymore :( damnit! but ill try to boot windows..

EDIT2: Graphics appear to be a bit Glitchy on the installation..but that means maybe its missing something? :P and wifi..I thought Atheros was automatically recognized :/ but well I'll wait 14 mins :P and how the hell am I going to put the kernel in the system if my windows is gone? oh god :shock:

Can't you check this on Windows?

ethernet.jpg

Fresh installed now the pc.. way too much {censored} on it (Mac OS)

EDIT:

Now I see what that means.. its a 8136 (kinda obvious)

I cant seem to see.. in windows:

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_184A103C&REV_05

If its Realtek, you can try this:

http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

or this:

http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=3048

Good luck!