I think this would be a whole lot nicer if there was someway to get the graphics to work.
personally, i think its kinda a waste to go through this whole process and then have these issues:
1. Many integrated laptop wifi cards (especially HP and other budget friendly computers) are not supported, so a separate adapter is needed.
2. On mine, only 1 of 3 USB ports work
3. The sound (when i can get it to work) is very squeaky and choppy
4. No compatible graphics (QE/CI). this pretty much means that anything that require the graphics (sites like youtube and others) dont work or are extremely choppy
5. The hackintosh os constantly freezes.
6. Lack of good, compatible battery monitor for when you may not be plugged in.
I personally would love to own a mac, but being in college, i simply can not afford to buy any of the macs. I admit, apple has done a nice job protecting their software, and because of that, by attempting to make a hackintosh on AMD, it pretty much renders the os useless as it makes it difficult to use many of the apps, and in a world of java, flash, d3d, opengl etc, many of what we take for granted on the pc just plain dont work.
don't get me wrong, i think the AMD hackintosh (or just hackintosh project in general) is a great idea to try bringing osx to those who cant afford almost 1 grand for a computer, or for those who want to try one out more than what you can do in a store. I'm not too savy in the workings of the mac os like i want to be, but i think this project just needs a good break by a great programmer. Someone who can somehow get mac osx to accept the functionality and resources of an AMD processor.
i also think microsoft needs to take a play from apple and create a way for mac to run on pc,since apple has it so windows runs on mac. If Apple can run microsoft, then why isnt apple letting microsoft run apple (other than the almighty greenback)...