Errors after updating to 10.8.3

DV7 4035es i5 450M 10.8.3 Error Still waiting for root device No interval found for Resetting IOCatalogue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-4035es (i5 450M, ATI HD 5650M (which doesn't work)) and i installed ML using the retail disk with some modifications. Well, I got almost everything to work, and updated to 10.8.1 without any effort. Then, I updated to 10.8.2 and got some errors, but i got it to fix them easily.
Then, I felt so excited that i updated to 10.8.3 following the same procedure as with the previous versions (saving my kexts and then changing some things). Unfortunately, I spent hours trying to get past the "Still waiting for root device" message. After I did, I got stuck at "No interval found for . using 80000" and if I wait around 5-10 minutes it displays "Resetting IOCatalogue"; after this, it freezes. What do you guys think would be the problem?

Thanks for taking your time reading my problem.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Try to update Chameleon and add the -f flag, or UseKernelCache=No, or even boot in safe mode using -x.

Good luck!

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Try to update Chameleon and add the -f flag, or UseKernelCache=No, or even boot in safe mode using -x.

Good luck!

I've already done that. In fact, everytime i'm booting, i use -v -f -x, and no luck :/. I've been able to reach singe user mode, but i don't know if i can do anything useful there to solve my problem. Any suggestions?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts
Did you update via the Combo Update, downloaded from the Apple site? Or did you update using the App Store?

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Did you update via the Combo Update, downloaded from the Apple site? Or did you update using the App Store?

I used the combo update.

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,772 posts
TRY THIS, boot with -s

mount /

mkdir kext_backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv ATI* GeForce* NVDA* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB*/kext_backup

cd /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf *

shutdown lnk

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I've tried, but no luck :( it's stuck at the same place as before, what could I do?

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,466 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

what u do to pass the "still waiting" ?

and after u removed the kext u boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

?

good hack

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

hello

what u do to pass the "still waiting" ?

and after u removed the kext u boot

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=No

?

good hack

I got to solve it by re-installing the combo update, connecting the HDD to my desktop pc (which is running 10.6.8). I also changed some kexts and installed the lapic fix kernel.
I'm gonna try the boot flags you told me and report to the ship as soon as posible :thumbsup_anim: .

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Tried your flags... Nothing D:

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
isn't -f different than UseKernelCache=No? I thought -f was mostly for Snow Leopard. Also did you try both npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000? I know that fixes this error for some people. Also do you have an option to choose ahci or ide in your bios? If you have a patched AppleRTC, the update could have reset your bios settings back to IDE or something.

Here's my suggestion...

You could compare the S/L/E folder of 2 different update packages in the terminal, or a backup if you have one, using this: diff ExtensionsFolderofUpdate1 ExtensionsFolderofUpdate1
here's an example comparing my MBP's drive with my Hackintosh's drive:
Diff /Volumes/Momentus\ XT/System/Library/Extensions /Volumes/Hackintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions
You will probably see some things like this:
Common subdirectories: /Volumes/Momentus XT/System/Library/Extensions/EAP-TLS.ppp and /Volumes/Hackintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/EAP-TLS.ppp
Only in /Volumes/Hackintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions: EPSONUSBPrintClass.kext
Only in /Volumes/Hackintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions: FakeSMC.kext
You can also use -R to search all the subdirectories of each kext, also try man diff which will give you other options.

I don't know how accurate that would be but it may give you a lead and then you could just roll back some kexts if you need to... it's probably a kext related to the hard drives.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Mask3r

Mask3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
People, thanks for taking your time to help me, but i decided to re-install ML, and now i'm running 10.8.3 with no problems! thank you again for helping me :thumbsup_anim:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DV7, 4035es, i5 450M, 10.8.3, Error, Still waiting for root device, No interval found for, Resetting IOCatalogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy