Mid to High End PC, cannot install ML or any distro.

Und3rX

37 posts in this topic

Where did you download a retail DMG DVD? From the appstore? I don't even think you can download a retail DVD. You can only download an .app from the App Store. But you can mount the DMG. Then the same steps.

Guess what...Mac OS X Can't be installed on this computer:)

What if i use on of the iAtkos instead of the Retail DVD Image while creating the Usb?

Try booting the the drive where Mac would be installed on with the bootloader of the USB. Just try it.

I did....nothing :) because i never passed this error to install it at least once. The drive is empty.

I'm starting the USB creation process from zero, but using an iAtkos image instead of the retaild dvd. This should do the trick but it takes forever to copy the files needed:(

I did....nothing :) because i never passed this error to install it at least once. The drive is empty.

I'm starting the USB creation process from zero, but using an iAtkos image instead of the retaild dvd. This should do the trick but it takes forever to copy the files needed:(

Are you sure you aren't using Mac Mini smbios? It will give that sort of error when you are using Mac Mini as smbios. Make sure youre smbios is Mac Pro 3,1.

I used Mac 12.1 smbios i think. Would that be a problem?

Have you seen my specs?

Mac 12.1 would be the closest to me.

i5 3570k (ivy bridge)

16 gb ddr3 1600mhz

SSD and gtx 680

PM me your email, i'll send you an invite to the best torrent tracker from Romania, invite only available. After a few hours after release you'll find anything you want:)

My two cents for all your help Rogie:)

I'm trying again now with the 3.1 smbios as you said.

When you are going to do iAtkos be sure to use the bootloader of this site: http://iatkos.me/for...hp?f=77&t=23197 you see there OS X USB HDD and there is a PKG file in that description. And try to find these bios settings:

Limit CPU ID Maximum = Disabled

Intel virtualization technology = Disabled

Sata Configuration = AHCI

Good morning:)

I'm about to go on a trip. I used smbios 3, and smbios 13 (closest to mine) but i'm getting KP right from the start because of AppleCPUPowerManagement kext. I tried replacing it without luck:(

Using smbios from Mac book pro 13 gives me KP from ACPIPlatform......:(

Go into your BIOS and search for Built in Graphics and enable that. And try to set switchable graphics off.

And try some other AppleCPUPowerManagemt.kext because that should normally fix the problem.

Just got back home.

I tried all kind of applecpu kext. I really don't understand why i can't manage to get this working.

About built in graphics, you mean to disconnect my vcard and use the onboard one? I tought nvidia aren't a problem anymore. I plan to do some gaming too inside OSX, if it's completely out of the question then i stop all this now. I'd like to play at least Battlefield 3 thru origin.

Oooooooh....i just discovered that changing OS for the game means buying a complete other game. Lol...i should've get that info earlier. Well....no more Mac for me then:)

Just got back home.

I tried all kind of applecpu kext. I really don't understand why i can't manage to get this working.

About built in graphics, you mean to disconnect my vcard and use the onboard one? I tought nvidia aren't a problem anymore. I plan to do some gaming too inside OSX, if it's completely out of the question then i stop all this now. I'd like to play at least Battlefield 3 thru origin.

Oooooooh....i just discovered that changing OS for the game means buying a complete other game. Lol...i should've get that info earlier. Well....no more Mac for me then:)

Just disconnect your vcard for the install. You can put it back in when it's installed. Or just set internal graphics into bios and change it back later. You can always to a dual boot to a single drive or seperate HDD's for the gaming.