Article From OWC About Better (?) Fusion Drive Support

1 post in this topic

http://blog.macsales.com/17624-os-x-10-8-3-provides-fusion-drive-setup-option-for-non-fusion-drive-equipped-macs

According to the article, the fusion drive that I (and others) are using doesn't function quite correctly, due to the disk utility not being properly equipped to transfer the data between the drives. The SSD fills up completely and then data is only transferred to the HD after that. It says the only way to "ensure" that you get the proper version of Disk Utility is to do a full download+install (NOT upgrade) of 10.8.3. The procedure is the same, though. I don't know if I should be too concerned or not... I (mostly) only add data to my dedicated data drives, my internal stays largely untouched. I suppose i can re-do the fusion drive and if it starts to go slow. I'm also thinking I could just replace the disk utility in my current install with the one from a fresh download of 10.8.3.

Regardless, I found this article informative and thought you it was important to post. Apologies if this is the wrong section.

• Like 1