Installing iAtkosML2

Sudheer

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

Iam new and i want to install iAtkosML2 on my LenovoB570

Can anyone give me the guide for installing iAtkosML2 by their own plz.

plz dont post the insanleymac forums guides Iam not able to understand.

Plz give your own.

I had so many tried to install.

First I have tried to install iAtkosML2 and by using Vmware I restored the iAtkosML2 image to USB drive.

But when I went to multiboot menu for selecting the USB drive it is not displaying it.

Instead of USB it is displaying CD drive, HDD, etc., Ihad changed the priority of USB in the BOOT menu but it dosent work.

Plz can any one give guide for only Dualbooting Windows 7 and iAtkosML2.

How to restore the iAtkosML2 image to USB?

I had done it once but when I went to the boot menu-it is showing nothing even though i had kept the USB HDD priority to first.

Plz reply a solution

Sudheer, one thing newbies should know is that when it comes to the OSX86 scene (Mac on a pc) there are various ways of doing it,

There are websites and forums for each method and each website/method only really provide help and resources for its own preferred method.

This website is for people doing it "the hard way" and therefore is not the best place for your chosen method of installation.

I fully appreciate your situation as when I started the only way I could get it to work was using an older version on a "Distro"

I gradually got better at it as the distro only got some things working, as I got those other bits working with the help of this and other sites (learning to avoid saying how I installed it in the first place) I gradually learnt how to do it all from scratch.

Now when something breaks after an update I have a much better understanding of how to fix it.

If you would like help from people on this website please start a new post on the Mountain Lion installation forum and state you are a newbie and want help installing.

Give as many details of your hardware as you can and state if you want to multiboot with windows and if so how many hard drives you have.

I for one will try to help.

Mike

• Like 1

Make sure you have legacy USB support enabled in your bios if you want to not from a usb drive. You usually need this on. If you are having trouble understanding the restore process, iatkos official website is your best bet. Also, if you want to dual boot with Windows you will have to reinstall windows on a second partition. The only other way is if windows is on a separate hard drive.

Check out this video if you haven't already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tBUmeBpMlU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Do i have to clean the full hard drive and install first Mac and later windows.

I have a question that if we format only the system partition and leave the other partitions(which we are using for our storage like games etc, purpose but not for Mac) what will happen then if we install leaving the other partition and cleaning the windows and installing Mac and later Windows.

The data in the other partition will be lost or not?

Or do I get any fault in the Mac installation if I leave like that?

Do i have to clean the full hard drive and install first Mac and later windows.

I have a question that if we format only the system partition and leave the other partitions(which we are using for our storage like games etc, purpose but not for Mac) what will happen then if we install leaving the other partition and cleaning the windows and installing Mac and later Windows.

The data in the other partition will be lost or not?

Or do I get any fault in the Mac installation if I leave like that?

The problem is, when you install osx, it needs to be installed to an HFS+ formatted partition. You can't format/move any of the partitions on the disk because the osx installer doesn't have this capability on windows formatted drives. So yes, you have to clean the hard drive and reformat first as guid partition table/ osx extended (journaled). During the reformat process you can format a second (or more) as fat32, which can then be formatted in the windows installation. AFAIK that's pretty much the only way to do it on a single hard drive.

Just back up your other partitions to an external and do the osx installation. Then install windows on the second partition and copy your other stuff back over to the other partition(s).

Sorry of that doesn't make any sense, I'm tired. Maybe someone else can explain better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Assuming you have at least 40GB free disk space, from Windows you can shrink the partition to leave 40GB free space. To do that right click on Computer icon, select Manage, and then Disk Manager. Click on the partition and select shrink. It will take a lot of time since it has to gather all the data and copy them to the start of the disk leaving the empty space after the partition. Then, you can create a new partition. I feel more comfortable doing this from Windows than Mac, to be on the safe side, than I won't delete anything by mistake. Now boot to the MacOS X installation DVD. Before installation, go to Tools -> Disk Utility and click on the new partition you made earlier in Windows. Select erase ("format" in Windows terms), give it a name, eg Mac HD and make it MacOS extended journaled. Here you go! You have your Mac partition where you can install MacOS. But... (why there is always a "but") it will boot into MacOS by default and not in Windows. To boot in Windows press F8 while counting backwards at the boot loader to see all options. There should be two selections: Mac HD and Windows. Use the arroe keys to go in Windows and press ENTER. You should be able to boot into Windows without any issue!

There is also a way to use the Windows bootloader to choose between MacOS and Windows, but this is more complicated. In short you boot from Windows installation DVD and repair Windows. Now it boots into Windows but not MacOS. Don't sweat, nothing happened to your MacOS installation. Now you can use a utility such as EasyBCD to create a MacOS boot entry and set it to boot into MacOS. I don't remember all the steps, but I'll find the guide and post it here, if you want. You can also install Macdrive in Windows to see the Mac partition and exchange files.

sorry in Hackintosh there isn't any 100% SAME guide instalation, because it depends with the hardware spec, condition , etc. SO u must try it and prepare a lot time to do this because it can takes a long time to finished. Because it is not like installing windows u can meet many errors and problems too.

Goodluck and don't forget to pray and never to give up!