10.8.2 on ASUS X55VD Problems

22 posts in this topic

Hello forum users!

I have ASUS X55VD, 210Gb HFS+ partition.

Installation (from DVD) was successful, but i only can boot OS X (but touchpad don't work and also if i connect any device to USB system stucked) only with -x boot key.

Loading (i tried GraphicsEnabler=No but it has no effect) stuck at this step:

1cc494153b3dt.jpg

Which information i need to provide?

Intel Core i3-3110M, USB 3.0.

Google says that touchpad is Elantech Touchpad.

Graphics: Nvidia 610M and Intel Graphics 3000. I think need disable Nvidia via DSTD, because Nvidia Optimus don't work on OS X (but i don't know how).

Screenshot which i provide in first post is boot log when i boot with -v key.

When i boot with -x "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" key i setup user, time zone etc, through keyboard and bring to desktop.

Also need change SMBIOS, because it set to iMac and OS X says that no keyboard found, but it works.

Intel Core i3-3110M, USB 3.0.

Google says that touchpad is Elantech Touchpad.

Graphics: Nvidia 610M and Intel Graphics 3000. I think need disable Nvidia via DSTD, because Nvidia Optimus don't work on OS X (but i don't know how).

Screenshot which i provide in first post is boot log when i boot with -v key.

When i boot with -x "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" key i setup user, time zone etc, through keyboard and bring to desktop.

Also need change SMBIOS, because it set to iMac and OS X says that no keyboard found, but it works.

I don't know why but i can't see the picture. Could you please write it out.

Thank you guys. After removing GeForce kexts (from /s/l/e), installing Elan Touchpad kext and following guide by artur-pt, i can boot in normal mode.

But i need change SMBIOS (currently iMac), because on my desktop appear window that says i don't connect keyboard, and i can close it (only minimize).

Sound, Ethernet (Atheros, Bluetooth, Wifi (Google says:Atheros AR9285) don't work.

Thank you guys. After removing GeForce kexts (from /s/l/e), installing Elan Touchpad kext and following guide by artur-pt, i can boot in normal mode.

But i need change SMBIOS (currently iMac), because on my desktop appear window that says i don't connect keyboard, and i can close it (only minimize).

Sound, Ethernet (Atheros, Bluetooth, Wifi (Google says:Atheros AR9285) don't work.

The best way in my opinion is by downloading Chameleon Wizard and go to the SmBios tab. Sound i would probably try some VoodooHDA kexts. WiFi: http://www.osx86.net/view/2471-atheros_ar9285.html

• Like 1

ar9485 - wifi

ar8161 - ethernet

/Extra doesn't exist

Now i create DarwinDumper log.

I have Chameleon-2.1-installer.pkg and EFI partition (formated to HFS Plus), but i can't boot from Hard Drive (bios says that drive don't have any loaders).

So i always boot from DVD (photo attached)

post-1158461-0-70537100-1366736312_thumb.jpg

ar9485 - wifi

ar8161 - ethernet

/Extra doesn't exist

I have Chameleon-2.1-installer.pkg and EFI partition (formated to HFS Plus), but i can't boot from Hard Drive (bios says that drive don't have any loaders).

Try maybe installing chameleon manually: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/164809-how-to-install-chameleon-manually-v-2-and-v-1/

ar9485 - wifi

ar8161 - ethernet

/Extra doesn't exist

man, the first step is install the boot loader for your disk and boot from the disk, download pkg here and instal lChameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries

or your system never work 100% with a boot cd

man, the first step is install the boot loader for your disk and boot from the disk, download pkg here and instal lChameleon 2.1svn Official PKG Installer & Binaries

or your system never work 100% with a boot cd

I install Chameleon 2.1 pkg, but i can't boot from HDD (GPT Table): Reboot and select proper boot media, something like that.

I also follow this guide, but still can't boot from HDD.

no, try this for format your EFI: diskutil eraseVolume "HFS+" "EFI" /dev/disk0s1

now install boot loader for your EFI Particion, then copy your Extra too for EFI , if you have boot 0 error try this:

ok, this is the second option for install it, download binarios chameleon folder i386

1. open the folder i386 and copy boot1h for your USBInstaller.

2. boot from USBinstaller and go for utilities and open app Terminal

3. type diskutil list for identified your disk and partition were you installed of system ML = "(i.e: disk0s2)"

4. type diskutil unmount disk0s2

5. type cd /

6. type dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 bs=4096

7. reboot

in steep 6 put your disk and partition "(i.e disk0s2 "), see your

iFIRE,

Here my partition layout before eraseVolume (my EFI on disk0s2):

post-1158461-0-72071600-1366977206_thumb.jpg

And before eraseVolume:

post-1158461-0-52304400-1366977209_thumb.jpg

And from GParted:

post-1158461-0-50478600-1366977221_thumb.jpg

Maybe remove all partitions, and recreate EFI and reinstall OS X?

I also make backup of system partitions using dd (diskdump).

in your above post you say:

No, i don't have dualboot. I have only OS X.

HDD is GPT partioned.

but in this photo you have windows installed, if you need dual boot in the same disk try this:

1. Use Gparted and make two Partitions FAT32

2. IN the first Partition Install WIN, when you try for install win format the disk with windows installer for NTFS

3. in the second Partition Install Mac OS X , but when you go install Mac OS, boot with the installer you need open Utilities/DiskUtility and format the Partition for HFS+ , then install

4. Boot your install MAC OS and when you in the desktop install boot loader for your Partition MAC OS

5. Good Look!!!!!

It's just a factory testing Windows 8 partition, which don't have loader.

So i can't boot it and i don't need that partition.

Now i remove all partitions and make 200 mb EFI partition and 200 Gb OS X partition.

Installer loaded only with "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" parameters.

Installed 10.8.2 ML from DVD.

Addition install next kexts: Voodoo HDA, Elan TouchPad, Intel HD 4000.

Removed all GeForce kexts.

Perform install of Chameleon 2.1 from PKG - after reboot, bios don't recognize any boot media except DVD.

Perform install of Chameleon 2.1 to EFI partition - after reboot, bios don't recognize any boot media except DVD.

If eject DVD, message will be: Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media ....

I don't know what is going on.