[Q] WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

unknown CPU model 0x3a getCPUIDInfo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

LightServer

LightServer

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Hello,

I own an Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance with an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU.
The latest UEFI v2.10 has been successfully patched with pmpatcher to enable native powermanagement.

Everthings works but not as expected. Still I have questions:

* WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

This means the CPU is unrecognized in combination with the model I adjusted in smbios.plist but as far as I found out there
exists an iMac13,2 with similar Ivybridge CPU. You'll find insights at everymac.
My smbios.plist holds an entry

<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>1793</string>

which should be - according to ssdtPRGen.sh - the correct CPU type.
As soon as I fix my SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh dropping SSDT.aml from /Extra into Chameleon the system.log shows at boot:

kernel[0] X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0
kernel[0] X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!

What does it mean and what is the "ringtable"? How can it be fixed? I found out on the web there's a lot of confusion about that.
Could those error message belong to the patch I did before with AICPMPatch.pl?

Anyway I don't understand the several methods explained at ###### belonging to this thread.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My second question is about dart=0 / disabling VT-d on the Chameleon parameters.
With OS X 10.8.3, as we found out, Mac denies to boot due to changes in AppleACPIPlatform.kext which can be skipped
with the dart=0 command. As user of Virtualbox I'm not very happy with disabling a feature which has been functional until 10.8.2.
Is there a more elegant workaround like fixing this in DSDT?

best regards : ) plus thanks in advance

lisai9093

lisai9093

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

same question. got message:

AICPM failed to load ring table with status...

And speedster failed to work. It was working perfectly before. Btw, it is Ivy Bridge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy