[Q] WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I own an Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance with an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU.

The latest UEFI v2.10 has been successfully patched with pmpatcher to enable native powermanagement.

Everthings works but not as expected. Still I have questions:

* WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a

This means the CPU is unrecognized in combination with the model I adjusted in smbios.plist but as far as I found out there

exists an iMac13,2 with similar Ivybridge CPU. You'll find insights at everymac.

My smbios.plist holds an entry

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1793</string>

which should be - according to ssdtPRGen.sh - the correct CPU type.

As soon as I fix my SSDT with ssdtPRGen.sh dropping SSDT.aml from /Extra into Chameleon the system.log shows at boot:

kernel[0] X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0

kernel[0] X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!

What does it mean and what is the "ringtable"? How can it be fixed? I found out on the web there's a lot of confusion about that.

Could those error message belong to the patch I did before with AICPMPatch.pl?

Anyway I don't understand the several methods explained at ###### belonging to this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second question is about dart=0 / disabling VT-d on the Chameleon parameters.

With OS X 10.8.3, as we found out, Mac denies to boot due to changes in AppleACPIPlatform.kext which can be skipped

with the dart=0 command. As user of Virtualbox I'm not very happy with disabling a feature which has been functional until 10.8.2.

Is there a more elegant workaround like fixing this in DSDT?

best regards : ) plus thanks in advance

• 10 months later...