The top working GPUs for this OS

10 posts in this topic

So I have recently installed Mac OS X Mountain Lion on my PC because I wanted to run an Mac OS 3D game. Then I found that the game is for Power PC and this OS doesn't support it. I found that the Power PC apps are supported by Rosetta on Mac OS X 10.6 and below but unfortunately my GPU is Nvidia GTX 560 which is not supported by this OS and I can't either launch the game (it says something like : "the blah-blah 3d effects aren't supported blah-blah"). So now I want to downgrade my GPU to run this god-da*n game. What is the best product which support this OS and also the most cheap too? My PC specifications are posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287675-help-installing-mac-os-on-asrock-b75m-gl-with-intel-celeron-g530/

*I also liked Sapphire 5450 1GB DDR3 - is this a good choice?

Actually I tried that on Virtual Box (installing Snow Leopard and even just Leopard) but the game still doesn't work and the resolution isn't Full HD as always. On the VMware I can't even install it.

EDIT: Oh sorry it looks like Parallels Desktop is different from VMware - I misunderstood you. I'll try it thanks :) .

EDIT: This doesn't worked too (at all). It says that I need some kind of server for Snow Leopard. Actually I really need an advice for this GPU because I'm going to buy it very soon.

NV50 generation Nvidia cards started working from 10.5.2 with support improving going forward.

My old 9800 GTX+ rocked 10.6.x, great performance, all features working including analog TV-out.

There's an overview here http://nouveau.freed.../CodeNames#NV50

For best compatibility and performance I'd go for one with a G92 family chip.

The GTS 250 (a rebadged 9800 GTX+) should work great and it's probably not difficult to find for a good price.

What game is it?

Thanks but I've already buy it :whistle: . The game is Tomb Raider : AOD (from 2003) so I think I'll be able to run it :). But now I have other problem - how can I choose the right GPU in Chameleon bootloader. I mean that when I launch Mountain Lion - to use my GTX 560 (which is on my second PCI-E slot) and the same with SL (to launch the HD 5450 on my first slot). Any ideas? (by the way I haven't installed SL yet but the ML isn't booting with dual graphics).