Chinese Macbook Air clone compatibility

Doctor_E

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying the following clone, does anybody have any idea if it is compatible with ML?

Thank you

WIFI/BT Chipset: Atheros AR9002WB (AR9287 or AR928 / AR3100)

LAN via adapter: N/A

Audio: Realtek HD (???)

536739527156.jpg

CPU + Graphic chipset are compatible, need to know more detailled information about sound/ethernet and other stuff do you have a link ?

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Ethernet is actually an adapter, but I do not care much for this, since I am going to use wifi for network connection (which I hope to be compatible). For audio also there is not much info, but as far as I know they use some common cheap Realtek chipsets. I didn't know if posting links is allowed. Here is the link from aliexpress.

I'll try to contact the seller in order to get any available info and post them here.

Got an update, BT/WIFI chipset is Atheros AR9002WB (AR9287 or AR928 / AR3100)

i have same model i have installed ML , all its ok only the wifi not work but the my have broadcom 4313,bye ;-)

Hi, thanks for the info. Do you have the model with i3 CPU? I am asking cause this kind of laptop was quiet popular with Atom CPU also, which as far as I know is not campatible with ML. Seller tolded my that the BT chipseet is Atheros AR3100, the only mini pci with combo bt/wifi with the specefic chipset is AR9002WB, this is just a guess. Would you please tell me some more info about performance? What about battery life and screen display quality? Any drawbacks?

Thanks

yes i have i3 model , but have different chip wirless and BT i have BCM4313 this card have integrated also the BT chip , the BT work fine the wireless not , only this not work, the performance is very good the battery is about 5.15 hour

I see, did you tried the ethernet port through the adapter? Regarding the wifi, I guess replacing the mPCI-e wireless card with a compatible model wouldn't be that hard to do. I guess wireless card can be replaced right? Do you know which is the max RAM supported by the laptop? Seller told me can support up to 8GB. Sorry for asking so many questions, but this clone might be a lot cheaper than the real thing, but 570 usd aren't a few also. ;)

• 5 months later...

is it possible to replace internal hard drive and put a standard 2.5" harddrive inside instead of ssd ?

If you get a variant of this laptop featuring an SSD and 8400mah battery, I guess you cannot install and HDD, since the space needed for HDD in occupied by battery. Only in devices with 4000mah battery you can install an HDD.