How to launch ATI-card by DSDT

Alex009988

98 posts in this topic

Hey can you help me with the edit. I don't really know what to do. The DSDT file is untouched. Thanks in advance.

DSDT Injecting is the next step in hackintoshing.(Though sometimes DSDT injecting is only way to start up ATIcard for some models)

But first you should get working graphics with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and correct framebuffer.

Did you do this?

PS I'm just writing from the phone and I will be able to look through on your DSDT only tomorrow.

Hi, Alex. Personally speaking, I am not a fan of putting rom info into dsdt. Because it keeps me waiting for a long long long long :D time when either opening or saving my edited dsdt.

Hi, Alex. Personally speaking, I am not a fan of putting rom info into dsdt. Because it keeps me waiting for a long long long long :D time when either opening or saving my edited dsdt.

The last time when I edided DSDT was March. For me it opens quickly, and compilation takes several seconds 20-40, it's not much.

The last time when I edided DSDT was March. For me it opens quickly, and compilation takes several seconds 20-40, it's not much.

Oops, it's Core i7 while mine is i3 :(

@Alex Auditore: I've already read that thread, but my problem is that I don't know where to put these DSDT sections (or there's no difference?).

@Rampage Dev: I'm attaching files you asked for.

Info:

Motherboard- Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 (bios 3603 patched)

CPU- i5 2500

GPU- Asus HD6850

RAM- Corsair 4gb 1600mhz cl9

Bootloader- Clover with GraphicsInjector=No (it's not working with "Yes"), bootflags slide=0 -v WithKexts dart=0.

DSDT is like magic to me, I don't understand how it's working and how to edit it (and don't mess it up).

Thank you both.

Ok, I tried to make DSDT for you, But you must insert vedeo-bios on your own as you didn't give me it.(See top of this topic)

dsdt.aml.zip

Video bios was at the same post as my dsdt. Thank you very much! I just wanted to upload my bios file.

Yesterday I did not have internet anymore :/

If you want to insert bios I just upload the file. Ill try the DSDT and will report (I'm at my hackintosh todays evening or tomorrow, stressfull weekend ;) ).

What model do you have? And give me IOReg with GraphicsEnabler=Yes(At Chameleom) or GraphicInjector=Yes at Clover

Ok, I tried to make DSDT for you, But you must insert vedeo-bios on your own as you didn't give me it.(See top of this topic)

I've inserted video-bios but then got error (syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ',' or '}' and premature End-Of-File) during compilation. I tried to fix it somehow, but i failed. Can you take a look into it?

ATY_Bin_to_DSDT.txt

I've inserted video-bios but then got error (syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ',' or '}' and premature End-Of-File) during compilation. I tried to fix it somehow, but i failed. Can you take a look into it?

Ok. try this one. Don't forget to set up GraphicsEnbaler=No

dsdt.aml.zip

hi ALEX can you help me to inejct ATY image to DSDT pleas??

got this error (syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ',' or '}' and premature End-Of-File) Can you fix this??

thanks in advance

What model do you have and give me IOReg with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or GraphicsInjector.

Hi

My Ati-personality is not completed, I lack data:

a950.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

MSI Z68MA ED55 / i3 2100 / His Radeon 6850 / Mountain Lion Retail

Thank you

Try this one

ati-personality.pl.0.11.zip

• Like 1

Got 7870 XT working with QE/CI (without GraphicsEnabler), no white screen, but with default framebuffer. I've tried to inject it in DSDT, but I can't find right place to add GFX0 device. I've added it to PCI0 and it does not work as it should. Card is recognized under NRP4 device, but there no such device in my DSDT.aml. How should I do this right?

Sorry for noobish question - I'm new to this and Google search didn't bring any results.

Now it looks like this:

3166ba0.png

I'll be grateful for any hints.

P.S. I got 7950 and 7870XT to work in 10.7.5 with Sapphire drivers, using Chameleon GraphicsEnabler (whitescreen ofc) and FBrotate.app never worked for me.

Mac Pro 1,1 flashed to 2,1, using 3,1 model identifier in Chameleon 2247.

Got 7870 XT working with QE/CI (without GraphicsEnabler), no white screen, but with default framebuffer. I've tried to inject it in DSDT, but I can't find right place to add GFX0 device. I've added it to PCI0 and it does not work as it should. Card is recognized under NRP4 device, but there no such device in my DSDT.aml. How should I do this right?

Sorry for noobish question - I'm new to this and Google search didn't bring any results.

Now it looks like this:

3166ba0.png

I'll be grateful for any hints.

P.S. I got 7950 and 7870XT to work in 10.7.5 with Sapphire drivers, using Chameleon GraphicsEnabler (whitescreen ofc) and FBrotate.app never worked for me.

Mac Pro 1,1 flashed to 2,1, using 3,1 model identifier in Chameleon 2247.

Did your card is able to work without any injection even GraphicsEnabler?

On other words absolutely natively?

Did your card is able to work without any injection even GraphicsEnabler?

On other words absolutely natively?

Yes, it works natively without white screen and with full acceleration. When I tried to use DSDT injection, removed GE from chameleon.boot.plist. Screenshot shows that DSTD injection does not work, because card connects itself to this NRP4 device instead of GFX0.

What I want to accomplish is loading proper framebuffer (Hamachi in this case) instead of RadeonFramebuffer. I'd like to see if it will work without white screen. Graphics Enabler=Yes causes white screen, all acceleration works, GE=No works like no injection but without QE/CI.

I'm attaching my DSDT.aml in case if anyone would want to take a look and kindly point me the right direction.

BTW, card is flashed with custom EFI ROM (works perfectly in MP 4,1 in all possible OSes), but it shouldn't matter, I think.

DSDT-Mac-Pro-1,1.aml.zip

Yes, it works natively without white screen and with full acceleration. When I tried to use DSDT injection, removed GE from chameleon.boot.plist. Screenshot shows that DSTD injection does not work, because card connects itself to this NRP4 device instead of GFX0.

What I want to accomplish is loading proper framebuffer (Hamachi in this case) instead of RadeonFramebuffer. I'd like to see if it will work without white screen. Graphics Enabler=Yes causes white screen, all acceleration works, GE=No works like no injection but without QE/CI.

I'm attaching my DSDT.aml in case if anyone would want to take a look and kindly point me the right direction.

BTW, card is flashed with custom EFI ROM (works perfectly in MP 4,1 in all possible OSes), but it shouldn't matter, I think.

Give me ioreg

Insane stupidity: I couldn't reinstall MacOS, because the USB device had a defect. Using a new one => working MacOS installation :)

So now I was able to dump my IOReg (at least I hope I did everything right :) )

Is there anything else you need?

Many thanks in advance (again :) )

Do IOReg this program http://www.osx86.net/view/2217-ioregistryexplorer.html

Because text IOreg is not readable.

• Like 1

New IOReg :)

Your IOReg shows me that your Graphics is not started up by system.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287995-how-to-launch-ati-card-by-dsdt/?p=1919952

You told me that DSDT file is untouched. However I see that DSDT was made for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v including Vbios.

Did you achieved any success with GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

Are you sure that DSDT what you gave me is yours?

Here it is. I attached 2 dumps: running original EFI - 10.6.8 and from 10.9 - DSDT one.

DSDT.aml from previous post is modified to enable sound, ODD SATA ports, cure RTC and sleep bugs. Works OK with 10.7.5 and 10.8.3.

Your  dsdt is quite correct, but I think the problem is that you use too venerable model of mac MacPro3.1. Try to use something more new such as iMac12,2 and others.

And write about it, works it or not for you.

After check this function called "Display Sleep"

post-974387-0-55499700-1371628220_thumb.png

Thank you Alex for your help and sorry for late answer, been a bit busy with my daily job. I'll try different model identifier in smbios and I'll report back.

I was thinking about Clover and I wonder if other bootloader would change anything?

Regarding my DSDT: is this GFX0 added correctly? I've copied it from Rampage Dev's AMD 7xxx DSDT Injection file and added straight to PCI0 device.

Other DSDT files I was checking had GFX0 added to one of PEG devices. These were DSDT from hacks, though.

hey guys i need some help i need a dsdt 7970 injection please i tried to do it my self follow rampage dev but it never goes right or does not work here is my dsdt all errors fixed and my ioreg. i have 6 ports my fb is ikura and my gpu name is Asus HD radeon 7970 

http://www.sendspace...YysciHO6aRy/ggA

back up links ioreg:http://www.sendspace.com/file/hbrqyn

DSDT:http://www.sendspace.com/file/6zpfg2